20 coaches online • Server time: 04:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post killing by fun?goto Post Pact/Renegades metagoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
koadah

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2014 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Do you see what I mean though? MB means u hurt people better. I don't think Varag would be incapable of "piling on" to someone. If you are gonna have Piling On why not have Biting, Eye Gouging, Groin Kicking etc etc.

As I said, it is a different movement. You have to choose to go to the ground to try to cause extra damage when you could have remained standing.

A lot of the nasty stuff occurs on the ground. If anything the biting/gouging etc fits better with PO than regular block. The groin kick fits with a regular foul.

This is derailed enough I think.

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2014 - 15:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah sorry,I didn't really intend to derail, just wanted to say how stupid I personally feel PO is.

Back on topic it has always kind of bugged me that in the fluff big guys are awesome and everyone wants to see them play but big guys have never been very good in any edition of the game(except when you could roster Morgs for 190k LOL) and now they are crap apart from really low tv.
While I think they are a little overcosted I think they are decent at rookie level cos a 3db with MB is pretty good when no-one has many skills so the way to fix them would be skill access and interactions.

My fix would be: Only Big guys can get PO. Big guys are immune to PO and Claw.

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2014 - 15:15 Reply with quote Back to top

There may be no 'right' in this case, but Jimmy is as close to it as makes no odds.
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2014 - 15:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I would have the 'Big Guy' skill be -1 to injury rolls (so 9+ to kayo, 11+ to cas).

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Only Big guys can get PO. Big guys are immune to PO and Claw.

+1

Also, the answer to claw is to make the +AV skill be a modifier to the armour roll and thus a useful skill.

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2014 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Calcium wrote:
Gotta be honest, I like the PO only to ST5+ idea, would it be available to any player that gets a stat increase to ST5?

I would, yes. It's an incentive to take the stat increase rather than block.

Harad wrote:
Yup I can't remember who it was who came up with piling on being only for big guys but I love it as an idea. Much better than the nonsense I came up with. Gives them the fear factor they deserve. Keeps the carnage but not quite so game ending.

I believe it was me. I certainly never saw the idea before I came up with it.
PainState

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2014 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

If you put all the fluff of PileOn on the side.

PileOn is a big guy only skill is a good rule from a mechanics stand point. Because now PileOn does come with a negative down side, the big guys nega trait, increased TV because of cost AND the fact that most coaches it seems do not have the "stones" to actually use a big guy, so less PileOn.

Last edited by PainState on %b %15, %2014 - %17:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
Harad

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2014 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Props to you then Smile
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2014 - 18:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Calcium wrote:
Gotta be honest, I like the PO only to ST5+ idea, would it be available to any player that gets a stat increase to ST5?

yes, this. a simple and elegant (and funny) fix to many of the CRP problems

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2014 - 18:20 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:

My fix would be: Only Big guys can get PO. Big guys are immune to PO and Claw.

Instead of making them immune to PO, change PO so that you require to have 1 STRENGTH point higher than victim's ST in order to PO.
So if you want to PO a ST 5 player you need ST 6, to PO a ST 3 player you need ST 4, a ST 4 player you need ST 5 and so on.
Note that Horns skill modifier and team mates' assists don't count for purpose of calculating ST, only the unmodified STRENGTH stats of the 2 players involved count.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2014 - 18:36 Reply with quote Back to top

If piling on is a big guy only skill, then big guy protection from PO is kind of redundant. They should be able to pile on each other, while the other 20 players are dealing with the pigskin.
So the clean suggestion would be in my opinion:
- Piling on as big guy only skill
- Big guys are immune to claw

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2014 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Instead of making them immune to PO, change PO so that you require to have 1 STRENGTH point higher than victim's ST in order to PO.

That wouldn't help much against Chaos or Nurgle, and that would completely break UW teams...

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2014 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw wrote:
Also, the answer to claw is to make the +AV skill be a modifier to the armour roll and thus a useful skill.

I like this idea as well, would make +AV worthwhile to take other than getting a green bit on the player bio Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2014 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Kam wrote:
That wouldn't help much against Chaos or Nurgle, and that would completely break UW teams...

Actually, it would. With orcs as an example, it would protect BOBs from NWs and CWs, would protect other orcs from beastmen, and would allow BoBs to po beastmen. I like it (though I might make it ST+AV myself, because it seems as good an indicator of bulk, and would allow give AV an additional protective role).
 Jump to: