47 coaches online • Server time: 17:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Where should I apply the 'uncontested catch' rule?
You shouldn't. AG3 passing is perfectly fine.
75%
 75%  [ 51 ]
Make it a passing skill. Perfect Spiral.
10%
 10%  [ 7 ]
Add it to a marginal passing skill.
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Add it to the Pass skill.
10%
 10%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 68

JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2016 - 11:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Tripleskull wrote:
JellyBelly wrote:

Yes, that's true if you keep the -2ST modifier. I guess it depends on how it is implemented. I was thinking, if you synergize it with Frenzy, maybe you could drop the modifier (as Frenzy normally gives a second block at no modifier anyway, which you are just redirecting with the multiple block). Although, that might be overpowered ..

What would be the benefit of synergizing it with frenzy. I think it is more elegant and balanced without that link.

I was thinking they might synergize well, because they both allow a player to make more than 1 block per turn, in different circumstances. Also, if it needs a combo of skills, then it needs more effort to get, in case it might be seen as to powerful/spamable.

I was also thinking it might make the big guys no-one uses more viable, but then that would buff Skaven, Chaos, Chaos Dwarf and Pact, which don't need buffing, so I'm going off that idea myself a bit now.

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
Tripleskull

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2016 - 11:39 Reply with quote Back to top

When people are changing their minds in the middle of a discussion you know something great is going on. Smile
Stikki

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2016 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry, but who are you plasmoid and why have you been here since 2009 without playing a single game? Or am I missing something?
plasmoid

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2016 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Stikki,
depends why you're asking really.
But in a nutshell, I'm a guy who loves Blood Bowl, playes a bit of TT (the occasional tournament, mostly) as well as regular online (pbem) games.
I like thinking about the rules, and how to improve them - or perhaps I should say how to make the game even more to my liking.
I find that FUMBBL has the best climate for rules discussions. There are lots of experienced coaches here, and discussions don't devolve into paranoid nonsense.

Cheers
Martin
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2016 - 15:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Just for information, plasmoid is also (please correct me if I'm wrong) the guy behind the Narrow Tier BB concept and the version of the Brettonian roster that went on to be adopted by Cyanide, amongst other things. See here.

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2016 - 15:12 Reply with quote Back to top

True
bghandras

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2016 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

plasmoid wrote:
The flip side of this discussion is that easier Cage-breaking will probably make the game a touch more chaotic, and perhaps unappealing to coaches who like to roll as few dice as possible.

I think coaches who figured out that rolling few dice is good are the coaches who played lots of perfect stalls. I can speak only myself as one example, i would not mind a different experience. Actually i started to experiment with alternative caging (not the 3*3 cube), but more along creative screening. I think there is still an answer and ball protection against leap and any multiple block and break tackle alternatives, but at least that would make games more interesting.

Also i would feel the need to do the perfect stall less, if i knew that i can also break the drive easier. Currently it is very hard, even with defensive minded teams.

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2016 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Just for information, plasmoid is a guy who chats a lot about bloodbowl but doesn't really know much about it.

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2016 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think synergy between Frenzy and Multi-Block is needed. Right now 1 of the best things about Multi-Block is that if your player has Frenzy and Multi and he chooses to use Multi he DOES NOT follow up (as Frenzy would otherwise require).

What I wonder if Multi were changed in this way would it be OP if combined with Grab?

I am also wondering if Grab and Multi on the same Big Guy might be the new Cool Combo to have for Cage Breaking?
PainState

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2016 - 19:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Catalyst32 wrote:

I am also wondering if Grab and Multi on the same Big Guy might be the new Cool Combo to have for Cage Breaking?

it is a great combo BUT only if the big guy starts his turn next to the cage.

The LRB4 cool combo for Big guys was to allow Multi Block on a blitz move.

I could make a rational argument that Multi Block is just as effective using a Blitz action as opposed to a block action.

Want to buff Multi Block? Allow it also on a Blitz action.

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2016 - 19:34 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Catalyst32 wrote:

it is a great combo BUT only if the big guy starts his turn next to the cage.

The LRB4 cool combo for Big guys was to allow Multi Block on a blitz move.

I could make a rational argument that Multi Block is just as effective using a Blitz action as opposed to a block action.

Want to buff Multi Block? Allow it also on a Blitz action.

So really it is a great 3 Skill Combo... Multiple Block, Grab and Stand Firm.

Really makes me wish the League I had a Chaos Pact team in didn't split up. Sad That makes me a SAD PANDA.
plasmoid

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2016 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi PainState,
Yep MultiBlock could work on blitzes. It did in the past. I used to have a freak human player with block, leap, MultiBlock and dauntless, who 4+ lept into cages, attacking the ball carrier using assists on the outside of the cage. Won me a championship. Good times!

But the MultiBlock thing isn't just for Big guys next to a cage corner. If the Big guy was one square out, and you can use another player's block to engineer (grab? Frenzy?) a MultiBlock against a cage corner, then you have your blitz action with someone else to go after the ball! Options, options, options.

Cheers
Martin
bghandras

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2016 - 21:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Upon further review i dont think Multiblock should work on blitz, and also not on frenzy. I dont see any way how multiblock could break cage without working on blitz.
That leaves only a few options for cagebreaking
- Break tackle
- Leap
- New skill

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2016 - 21:15 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Just for information, plasmoid is a guy who chats a lot about bloodbowl but doesn't really know much about it.

I thought JimmiFantastic was a guy who grew up and was not just about trolling on blood bowl forums anymore?
joec911

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2016 - 22:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I got bored reading through this whole thread. Did anyone bring up NFL statistics for catch rate? Top wideouts are hauling it in roughly 70%, and those are star/legend type players.
 Jump to: