45 coaches online • Server time: 16:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Getting diced 3 game...goto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Malmir

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2020 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree. At the moment High or Low TV teams are all same. It is just the number of double skills that make them different and maybe one coach prefers Stand Firm over Mighty Blow but almost no variety.
[/quote]

Yeah I agree. When I played this team https://fumbbl.com/p/team?op=view&team_id=767998 yesterday, I did spend most of the game thinking how dull it is that all Lizard teams look exactly like this one.
gamelsetlmatch

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2020 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Malmir wrote:
I agree. At the moment High or Low TV teams are all same. It is just the number of double skills that make them different and maybe one coach prefers Stand Firm over Mighty Blow but almost no variety.

Yeah I agree. When I played this team https://fumbbl.com/p/team?op=view&team_id=767998 yesterday, I did spend most of the game thinking how dull it is that all Lizard teams look exactly like this one.[/quote]

lol

C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2020 - 19:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Without choosing MVP, getting 20+ MVP on a troll seems unlikely for more than a handful of games at best
lautrehamon

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2020 - 19:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I can understand a lot of point about the interest of this new ruleset, and even the complains about how unbalanced High TV game is( or about how much of a time investment it is To build a team for major, even if one could argue it could also be a great motivation for playing).
But saying that all High TV teams looks the same now is just false. Yes you'll play more chaos/nurgle teams with some killers over 2kTV in thé box, but they are far from all the field. And Rats, Elves or even Humans are perfectly playable and doesn't look the same.
From a purely logical perspective, it seems easy to understand that a low cap, lower range of Tv and mostly chosen skills will give us less overall diversity in teams than the actual ruleset : there's just less possibilities, and less randomness in the players progression. A few random skills here and there won't make up for that.
Lyracian

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2020 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
1a) Ok, so you're saying (IN ONE SEASON) that your mummy or troll will take a random skill for their third skill.

1b) But what about a second season mummy or troll? Well, if you believe that a mummy or troll is worth keeping around for multiple seasons (and even then, getting ~30spp in TWO seasons

First I never said in ONE SEASON; secondly on a Goblin team yes I will be rehiring Block Troll as long as I can afford to. Keep the two trolls on different cycles so when I have to drop one I have time to skill it up. My Goblins in a league keep firing Trolls who do not get a double and buying new ones. I do not see this any different.

Nelphine wrote:

2) Now.. do you rehire the blodgestep (+ probably at least one more skill by now) runner, or do you rehire the runner that has one mutation and nothing else?
The whole plan is to rehire the Mutation player. I am working on the basis that at least two of the other Gutters will be too expensive. I carry over one Blodgestep and the good Mutant to build in the next season.

Nelphine wrote:
3) Linemen .. have 12 options.
It's still.. just a zombie. I don't consider to actually add variety in any meaningful way.

Sure Shadowing sucks but there is also Fend, Sure Hands, Strip Ball. Not all that useful for Zombies but other line men may want them. In fact with the new Orc team I would prefer a Sure Hands Lineo over the Thrower.

Nelphine wrote:
4) All players you aren't going to rehire. Ok, so they get a random skill, and you don't rehire them. This does not contribute to variety of play either.

It will depend on your season length but my thought is new rules mean a 50 game max for a player before they are too expensive to hire again.

Nelphine wrote:
Conclusion) Yes, you might see random skills.. but they will not MEANINGFULLY add variety to any team, or any game. They will be on throwaway players.

You see this shows our different view of the new rules. To me everyone is now a throw away player. Most teams can only afford to hire 2-3 players for a couple of seasons. By the time you get to season five you will have cycled through your whole team at least twice.

Doofr wrote:
hmm should i believe Malmir or CAB.....hard to know . ^^

I am voting with CAB but I guess we should reconvene in a year and find out. We have opposite opinions and only time will give us the answer.

Malmir wrote:
Yeah I agree. When I played this team https://fumbbl.com/p/team?op=view&team_id=767998 yesterday, I did spend most of the game thinking how dull it is that all Lizard teams look exactly like this one.

What is different about that team to others apart from the number of DOUBLE SIXES rolled?

Doofr wrote:

But seeing your teams on fumbbl, i doubt you never played high tv.

Well now you just seem to trying to throw around personally insults so I am done discussing with you.

koadah wrote:

I feel that switch over will be a sad day.
Hopefully, some of you zero game coaches will play some games and make up for the leavers.

I stopped playing here a couple of years ago due to struggling to get games. I am back now and quite looking forward to playing some more.
CAB

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2020 - 19:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Doofr wrote:

No one have much experience with the new system yet... so far it is just speculation. The fact that random skills are cheaper and faster to get will actually matter. How much it will matter remains to be seen.
CAB

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2020 - 20:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Lyracian wrote:

I stopped playing here a couple of years ago due to struggling to get games. I am back now and quite looking forward to playing some more.

This is one of my reason to post here too... I'm looking forward to the new rule system and might actually be looking to start FUMBBL again... it must have been at least fifteen years since I played a FUMBBL game.
Doofr

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2020 - 20:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Lyracian wrote:

Doofr wrote:

But seeing your teams on fumbbl, i doubt you never played high tv.

Well now you just seem to trying to throw around personally insults so I am done discussing with you.

Insults ? WTF ??

You have one team over 1800 tv on Fumbbl, so yes im doubting you realy know high tv .

How is that a personnal insult ?

But yes, maybe better to stop discussing with you , when i see you think that CAB might be right over Malmir and others things you said in that thread .

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2020 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

CAB wrote:
Doofr wrote:

No one have much experience with the new system yet... so far it is just speculation. The fact that random skills are cheaper and faster to get will actually matter. How much it will matter remains to be seen.

The thing is ,for me Malmir is one of the best to make speculations (and i agree with them, like lot of old good coaches said in that thread) about BB.

When several coaches are saying, that soon you will see optimal builds (like for a lot of games )for each roster and coaches following them , i dont understand how some coach can still imagine that the new rules will bring more variety when its logical, they were be less.

You have the right to think what you think, and yes only time will tell for sure...but i realy doubt and i will be willin to make bets, that with the new rules, they were be less variety at the end.

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2020 - 20:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Doofr wrote:
CAB wrote:
Doofr wrote:

The thing is ,for me Malmir is one of the best to make speculations (and i agree with them, like lot of old good coaches said in that thread) about BB.

When several coaches are saying, that soon you will see optimal builds (like for a lot of games )for each roster and coaches following them , i dont understand how some coach can still imagine that the new rules will bring more variety when its logical, they were be less.

You have the right to think what you think, and yes only time will tell for sure...but i realy doubt and i will be willin to make bets, that with the new rules, they were be less variety at the end.

To be honest... good coaches perhaps... but very little experience with the new rules and progression and the impact it will have.

If you play in a 10 or 15 game seasons before redraft it is VERY different from what we are used to and very few have experience long term how to value skills that can cost wildly in terms of TV both in value and SPP to get.

When it takes four times the time and TV to select a secondary skill over a single random primary it WILL impact the game, that is a fact.

Don't jump to conclusion is my position...
Malmir

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2020 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Malmir wrote:

What is different about that team to others apart from the number of DOUBLE SIXES rolled?

Errrm, the number of double sixes rolled. When everyone can pay for everything and can get everything they want beyond stats, which will be random but prohibitively expensive, everyone will just take the basic skills they need. Poorer players may not and may well waste time rolling random skills. Good luck to them. If leagues decide to implement said random rolls, then that's for them, but not for everyone. If you only play NAF then I don't suppose it will make much difference to you, which is why I am teed off that so many coaches who only play NAF, pretty much, have had such weighty input on these rules, as it really doesn't affect them, however for those of us who love fumbbl, and have played here for over a decade, and have responded to posts, and contributed to the GLN, and joined in the general banter of the site, and made teams with names that were liked, and names that were less liked, and won games and lost games, and generally taken both with good grace, and made friends and spent countless hours on our hobby, then it does make a difference.

Last edited by Malmir on %b %10, %2020 - %17:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
CAB

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2020 - 21:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Malmir wrote:
Malmir wrote:

Errrm, the number of double sixes rolled. When everyone can pay for everything and can get everything they want beyond stats, which will be random but prohibitively expensive, everyone will just take the basic skills they need. Poorer players may not and may well waste time rolling random skills. Good luck to them. If leagues decide to implement said random rolls, then that's for them, but not for everyone. If you only play NAF then I don't suppose it will make much difference to you, which is why I am teed off that so many coaches who only play NAF, pretty much, have had such weighty input on these rules, as it really doesn't affect them, however for those of us who love fumbbl, and have played here for over a decade, and have responded to posts, and contributed to the GLN, and joined in the general banter of the site, and made teams with names that were liked, and names that were less liked, and won games and lost games, and generally taken both with good grace, and made friends and spent countless hours on our hobby, then it does make a difference. So, and I choose my words carefully, FUCK OFF YOU TWAT.

I think you and everyone else have to accept that the rules for Blood Bowl have always been primarily focused around the board game and the typical leagues played there. Anything else have always been unbalanced and required special rules or narrowed quite severely which teams are at least semi competitive with each other.

We have to accept that deviating from the standard rule set always require a slight deviation of the rules to fit or that you have to expect a less balanced game as a result.

The new rule set seem to portray this even more than previous rule sets. There is nothing wrong in wanting to play differently and liking high TV teams... I'm sure it is still possible to play that way if one wants to.

Personally I would likely try picking up some monthly games with FUMBBL again if the season rules become more like in the new board game rules, that would be fun for me. Perhaps it will alienate some... hopefully it can invite more than it alienate.

There is no law for change being liked by everyone. I hated the changes made to "Warhammer Fantasy" for example, so I don't play that anymore and I'm fine with that as I have other venues for playing similar games instead.
vaclav

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2020 - 21:57 Reply with quote Back to top

For game to be more balanced i suggest there should be just one race, preferably dwarfs.
Uber

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2020 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice paternalist bullshit CAB.

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2020 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Uber wrote:
Nice paternalist bullshit CAB.

Which part?!?
 Jump to: