41 coaches online • Server time: 12:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Speccing and Playing...goto Post Southern Wastes Leag...goto Post Theory-craft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Jimrod

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2021 - 16:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys,

Quick question on etiquette... I played a match where it was going badly for my opponent, many injuries etc and I was a goal up early in the second half and in running distance of the line. Was little my opponent could do and he started saying I should just run the clock down to turn 8 rather than score as I did. Saying "dick move" etc. In the end it cost me a third touchdown as I said I wasn't aware of this etiquette being recently back after a long time off.

Is that the done thing? I am not great at BB and am more often than not getting my share of thorough drubbings, I don't recall anyone not scoring unless to hold a lead and attack players (which I think is harsher if anything!). I don't even foul! I'm now thinking I should have just scored the 3rd TD, I recently lost 4-0 from a similar position after elves beat up my Khorne. Very Happy
blocknroll

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2021 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

you weren't aware of it as it isn't a thing (except possibly in leagues amongst mates)
mayhemzz22

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2021 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

score as much as you like, its not up to your opponent to dictate how you play the game. ive had someone beat me 5-0 recently. its just part of it.

I've looked at the game in question and while yes he's had some CAS, not the worst looking game I have seen.

if hes saying things like 'dick move' for scoring, just mute him and avoid matching him in the future

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2021 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I bet you anything if the shoe was on the other foot you're opponent would not have ran down the clock.

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2021 - 16:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Cheers for the info guys! I know much of the community here have a decent sense of fair play and I didn't want to do anything that was in bad taste! I remember a long time ago the time out counter ticked up and I pressed the button, not knowing what it was really for. That did not go down well! In hindsight was kinda obvious!
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2021 - 17:45 Reply with quote Back to top

It is your opponent's job to stop you from scoring with his players not his BS ideas of etiquette.
It is your opponent's job to try to protect his players from your players if he is getting routed. He can RUN, he can Stay Down and hope you don't Foul, he can Foul you players and hope the Ref throws them out SAFE ON THE BENCH, he can stand near the Sidelines for a Crowd Push and hope the Crowd is merciful... OR he can keep playing.
I have been stuck in what was a certain defeat and turned it around to WIN before. Probably most Coaches who don't QUIT have been there too.

I had no option but to try a 2 Dice Down Block with an Orc Lineman vs a ST5 Bull Centaur with the ball and Blodge and got the DOUBLE POW I had to have to knock the ball loose the pick it up and score myself. That Block also RIP'd the Bull Centaur and in the next turn I RIP's a CD on a Block and RIP's a Hobgoblin with a Foul.

Was it some lucky dice? YES!!! Of course, it was!!!
But I got that lucky dice because I refused to QUIT.
And because this is a game of Lucky Dice sometimes.

I was down several players due to Unlucky Dice leading up to that moment too.
You have to keep going and playing the best you can until your Lucky Dice are finally rolled OR their Unlucky Dice are finally rolled.

Next time you score 10 Touchdowns on that guy and CAS all his players.
And when you are getting beat remember my 2 dice down Double Pows vs a LEGEND Bull Centaur on a Legendary team that I retired that day during the FUMBBL CUP (cause I killed even more players in the Overtime including his other Legend Bull Centaur) all because I would not lie down and accept defeat until it was over.
Wolbum

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2021 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Jimrod wrote:
Hi guys,

Quick question on etiquette... I played a match where it was going badly for my opponent, many injuries etc and I was a goal up early in the second half and in running distance of the line. Was little my opponent could do and he started saying I should just run the clock down to turn 8 rather than score as I did. Saying "dick move" etc. In the end it cost me a third touchdown as I said I wasn't aware of this etiquette being recently back after a long time off.

Is that the done thing? I am not great at BB and am more often than not getting my share of thorough drubbings, I don't recall anyone not scoring unless to hold a lead and attack players (which I think is harsher if anything!). I don't even foul! I'm now thinking I should have just scored the 3rd TD, I recently lost 4-0 from a similar position after elves beat up my Khorne. Very Happy

I think I found the match you are referring to and let me just say that you are in no way required to withold touchdowns in any way shape or form. Slaughter, score and foul against the opponent till they are all squashed red smudge pixels on the pitch and 5-0 down. Hell, I T16 foul and mangle opponents teams to the end if given the chance. It is part and parcel of BB.

You keep doing you Jim.

Last edited by Wolbum on Nov 23, 2021 - 17:58; edited 1 time in total
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2021 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Jimrod wrote:
Cheers for the info guys! I know much of the community here have a decent sense of fair play and I didn't want to do anything that was in bad taste! I remember a long time ago the time out counter ticked up and I pressed the button, not knowing what it was really for. That did not go down well! In hindsight was kinda obvious!

You can TIME OUT an opponent.
But I wouldn't do it against a Rookie to the site OR if my opponent lets me know they have to be AFK - Away From Keyboard or on the Phone - PHONE during the game.

It is good etiquette to be OK with some IRL interruptions in the game. And to realize your opponents may have suffered a disconnection during the game and not TIME OUT if that happens.

But as for beating someone by more than 1 or 2 Touchdowns. There is no etiguette against that here.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2021 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Wolbum wrote:
Jimrod wrote:
Hi guys,

I think I found the match you are referring to and let me just say that you are in no way required to withold touchdowns in any way shape or form. Slaughter and foul the opponent till they are all squashed red smudge pixels on the pitch. Hell, I T16 foul and mangle opponents teams to the end if given the chance. It is part and parcel of BB.

You keep doing you Jim.

It is a little against the etiquette to FOUL on Turn 16 if you are the 2nd team to go... maybe not if you rare the team that reaches Turn 16 1st.

But if you can earn any SPPS doing what you are going to do... it is never against the etiquette.
Wolbum

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2021 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Catalyst32 wrote:
Wolbum wrote:
Jimrod wrote:
Hi guys,

I think I found the match you are referring to and let me just say that you are in no way required to withold touchdowns in any way shape or form. Slaughter and foul the opponent till they are all squashed red smudge pixels on the pitch. Hell, I T16 foul and mangle opponents teams to the end if given the chance. It is part and parcel of BB.

You keep doing you Jim.

It is a little against the etiquette to FOUL on Turn 16 if you are the 2nd team to go... maybe not if you rare the team that reaches Turn 16 1st.

But if you can earn any SPPS doing what you are going to do... it is never against the etiquette.

To each their own. If I see a valuable player within line of hitting range, I will foul them. All the more satisfaction if they get crippled. I only got one opponent genuinely angry over this after I killed his werewolf on his rookie team. However I recently niggled a MB blitzer into retirement and the opponent didn't even acknowledge it sans a GG.
Jimrod

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2021 - 18:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Good discussion guys, I did think it seemed off, I'd not heard anyone say it before and I should totally have maximised my SPP. You live and learn!

I often get those last turn fouls done on me, often resulting in injury too! I do think when it's going my way I need to learn to be less polite, I don't know why he was getting upset (left promptly at end of match etc) when it was a team with one game under their belt too.

As I said I'm not that good at the game really and need every point I can get! Very Happy I did manage a comeback like that too Catalyst - after some Elf drubbings (I rarely use them) where they not only scored for fun but battered my team, I decided to make a Dark Elf team - first match couldn't pick up the ball, literally 3 turns... His Khorne passed and caught without fail! Next match I was getting well beaten but hung in there and scored a cheeky TD right at the end just thanks to some luck, if I'd have given in they'd be 0-2.

Always nice to see this community alive and well after all these years, my first game about 20 ago and I like to come back every now and then to have a few games. Smile
panalukidis

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2021 - 18:16 Reply with quote Back to top

a T16 foul is the greatest sign of respect, always T16 foul
mekutata

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2021 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Catalyst32 wrote:

That's not true. There is no etiquette about T16 fouls.

Last edited by mekutata on Nov 23, 2021 - 18:38; edited 1 time in total
mekutata

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2021 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

panalukidis wrote:

That's the truth.

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2021 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

mekutata wrote:
panalukidis wrote:

That's the truth.

Indeed and Nuffle great joy!