18 coaches online • Server time: 04:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2021 - 00:09 Reply with quote Back to top

So a new FAQ dropped by GW overnight... what are peoples thoughts?

I think the changes to UW swarming and the prices for Morg and Hakflem are a step in the right direction.

Dont agree with Mighty Blow not being able to be used on a both down though! Why?!
Rawlf

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2021 - 00:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I was surprised to see High Elves pushed to tier 1 and Orcs back to tier 2.
tussock

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2021 - 00:36 Reply with quote Back to top

MB is you can't use when you're prone, there's a list of skills you can use while prone and MB is not one of them. On a both down, both players are placed prone and then both suffer armour/injury rolls, so you're prone and can't use it.

Essentially, if you want 'em to smash their head into the opponent really, really hard, you need to teach them the Block skill. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2021 - 01:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, whew, I thought you meant all both downs. But not if you have Block and the other guy doesn't, but you don't mean that. Ok.

Yes, yes, GW, keep making the already-suboptimal worse. :/

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2021 - 01:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Morg and Hakflem nerfs on top of the swarming nerf is really positive. Hakflem is back to his original cost more or less sans 10k and Morg is now back up to being super expensive. While still accessible due to the "top up" inducement rules, they seem more in line where they should.

Swarming tones down Underworld too which is nice. I'm pretty happy with it. The only nitpick is how on earth Orcs are remotely Tier 2. Safety skills, 4 x str 4, crazy.
Zlefin

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2021 - 02:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Humans at tier 2? That just feels wrong. Humans are sooo reliable, at least earlier in the season.
Kondor

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2021 - 06:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I know that after nearly two decades of dealing with GW products I should be accustomed to FAQs but it really is tiresome. The gaming group I just started will stick with the rules as written in the main book and subsequent publications. (Meaning most of the FAQ will be ignored.) Players should not have to go dig for this stuff.

Having said that, I am glad the Fumbbl keeps up to date and these things are programed into the software so I don't have to remember them.

Please post a link to the FAQ.
Alien_the_Alien

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2021 - 11:12 Reply with quote Back to top

The tier changes clearly comes from the NAF data. Currently UW are the best team and high elves the second best team, while humans and orcs are underperforming.

Just to clarify, I don't think it's the correct approach to use NAF data to change tiers so soon, but it's very likely what they did. It makes sense to focus on tournaments for tiers, because tiers aren't used elsewhere ; however a lot of tournaments registered on the NAF didn't use GW tiers. And that's partly the reason why UW have such great results: lots of tournaments had them in a low tier category where they could easily hire starplayers. Conversely, humans and orcs were played more by beginners, and in high tiers they just couldn't/didn't hire starplayers in most tournaments.

Link to the FAQ: https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/H8ph24vl1tTcR0hr.pdf

Link to a little graph I made showing the winrates of all teams in 2021 on the NAF website (BB2016+BB2020 but mostly BB2020): https://puu.sh/Isyqs/84dd34a54d.png

As you can see, some teams were more affected than others by the switch to the newer edition, but that's not just because of the changes in rule. It's also because a lot of tournaments still used pre-BB2020 tiering.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2021 - 11:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that what tier the races are in according to the rules has an extremely limited impact on Blood Bowl for most people. As you have observed, the new rules did not lead to the majority of TOs rethinking their long evolved rulespacks, even if it may have been wise to do so. I don’t expect an influx of tournaments proceeding according to the GW tiers. If anything, some will rage harder against the machine.

The only issue I see is a new player deciding to use High Elfs because they appear easy to use / good as they’re in T1. That niggles a bit on the basis the new rules appear to have been written to better cater to newcomers, but they’ll quickly learn, I suppose.

Whether or not you like the MB thing, I suppose it is at least consistent with previous rulings around Prone players.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2021 - 12:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Rage harder against the machine! Power to the people, er players! Twisted Evil
iena

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2021 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Oddly I agree on all FAQ/D.N. this time.

I knew UW would be "Warped by the Fame":
https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=1049733

it was a sweet dream till it lasted..
policeshades

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2021 - 20:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I've been wondering about the UW nerf. Obviously it is a nerf but I'm unsure how many snotlings I now would field 0, 1 or 2. I would never field 3 because I think it nerfs the team a little too much but I would try 2 and see how much of a hindrance it is in practice. Blocking with Goblins is useful in many cases and the extra movement is nice but titchy and sidestep are also very good. I assume it means dwarves become more of a counter than they were before and UW has to stand off a bit more... I assume it means that Sneaky Git snots are going to be more of a thing.
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2021 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Link to GW page
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/11/29/the-only-thing-arriving-with-a-bigger-bang-than-barik-farblasts-bazooka-is-todays-blood-bowl-faq/

Direct link to pdf
https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/H8ph24vl1tTcR0hr.pdf
Yuri_the_Scourge

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2021 - 19:07 Reply with quote Back to top

policeshades wrote:
I've been wondering about the UW nerf. Obviously it is a nerf but I'm unsure how many snotlings I now would field 0, 1 or 2. I would never field 3 because I think it nerfs the team a little too much but I would try 2 and see how much of a hindrance it is in practice. Blocking with Goblins is useful in many cases and the extra movement is nice but titchy and sidestep are also very good. I assume it means dwarves become more of a counter than they were before and UW has to stand off a bit more... I assume it means that Sneaky Git snots are going to be more of a thing.

Has this new rule already been implemented in Fumbbl?
Thanjs
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2021 - 19:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I watched an UW game this afternoon, the new Swarming has not been implemented yet.
 Jump to: