21 coaches online • Server time: 08:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
koadah

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2023 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Exactly what I think. Also, it's not even guaranteed that Bomber will be ejected if you score fast.

Oooooof! Very Happy

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2023 - 00:26 Reply with quote Back to top

As the overdog, I've induced both, just to hear my opponent QQ

I then haven't fielded them unless I've lost enough players that they have to be fielded.

I know, I'm a troll.
Topper

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2023 - 00:47 Reply with quote Back to top

There´s no doubt those two stars are super broken and need to be fixed.
However it is also obvious, that one counter to them is a fast score.
It i not perfect, and it comes at a cost. But that is due to the unbalanced stars - not the strategy in itself.
Matt, I think you have a number of great ideas, like the weather mage, but all of your ideas also have some kind of backlash.
Carthage

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2023 - 02:55 Reply with quote Back to top

The only way to be sure is to only ever play Ogres and keep enough treasury to buy both every single game and only accept matches where you are the overdog.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2023 - 03:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Weather Mage is 2/9 to buy you Very Sunny. 22.2%. For 60% of the price of the bombardier, you have a 2/9 chance to add 50% to your Short Pass miss chance, and any misses on that +50% margin are wild. That's really weak.

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2023 - 07:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Carthage wrote:
MattDakka wrote:
If the models are selling well then give every team a bomber. Either you fix him or you give everybody a bomber.
Or, at least, give the chance to spend 50k when the opponent hires him so you don't have to face him.

Funny enough cause exactly half of all races can take one right now.
Add one to Favored of, Sylvannian Spotlight, and Elven Kingdom League and you get all of them.
Though I could see the argument that part of the tradeoff for widespread Regeneration in Syl is that their stars kind of suck, so maybe they don't get one. Also because Shambling Undead needs something resembling a weakness.

Lustrian Superleague is also missing a bomber, but lustrian teams are literally just amazons and lizardmen so I think they purposely took away all the good stars like sylvannian spotlight did due to the teams being strong because they got rid of Roxxy and Silly Billy who were two popular stars for Amazons and Lizards
Carthage

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2023 - 09:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh yeah you are right. I even overlooked them for that. Though I will say I think Konsssstrikor is underrated. Any "no negatrait" hypnogaze is pretty good in my opinion!
remetagross

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2023 - 10:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Well he still has Loner, and has a lower Agi than Eldril. And less MA too. Can Amazons recruit Eldril? If yes, I don't see Boa ever being taken.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2023 - 11:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Topper wrote:

Matt, I think you have a number of great ideas, like the weather mage, but all of your ideas also have some kind of backlash.

Yes, but, for example, if you buy a Weather Mage and he doesn't work, amen, the backlash is moderate.
If you rush the score and then the Bomber's team manages to equalize because of the fast TD then you lose the game, and this backlash is a disaster.

I know that Weather Mage is weak on his own (I tried him) but he is not supposed to be the only counter-measure.
If you manage to mark Bomber with 2 players and then you use the Weather Mage he has a -3 to throw.

Scoring fast, I tried it, and with multi rr is not that hard for a bash team to score the equalizer TD.
If there was 1 rr per turn like in old rules then scoring fast the equalizer TD would be way harder.

Also, we are considering Orcs, but even the Skaven, which are not a slow team, can use Bomber. You score fast vs them, ok, then you need good luck to stop the Skaven from scoring in 2 turns.

Bomber is not just broken in terms of cost/effect, but in terms of fluff consistency.
With BB2020 rules he plays on teams where he was never supposed to be.
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2023 - 13:07 Reply with quote Back to top

remetagross wrote:
Well he still has Loner, and has a lower Agi than Eldril. And less MA too. Can Amazons recruit Eldril? If yes, I don't see Boa ever being taken.

They can't. Edril will only play for the 4 elf teams

For some reason we've removed the info in the help pages that shows which teams a star will play for Sad
it's convoluted to work out now
Happy_Amateur

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2023 - 13:41 Reply with quote Back to top

ben_awesome wrote:

I then haven't fielded them unless I've lost enough players that they have to be fielded.

I know, I'm a troll.

Yeah you did it to me. And I still smashed ya. No QQ. Just kiss kiss.
ben_awesome

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2023 - 13:46 Reply with quote Back to top

ben_awesome wrote:

I know, I'm a troll.

your lack of acknowledgement means this will now happen to you but they will be played
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2023 - 15:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Sp00keh wrote:
remetagross wrote:

They can't. Edril will only play for the 4 elf teams

For some reason we've removed the info in the help pages that shows which teams a star will play for Sad
it's convoluted to work out now

on the team roster page, click on the special rule (like badlands brawl or elven kingdoms league) - it brings you to the page where those exact stars are. tis no convolution, just one click
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2023 - 15:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, that tells you which stars a team can have
But you can't flip it the other way. I can't see how to check which teams a star will play for
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2023 - 15:27 Reply with quote Back to top

oh gotcha.
 Jump to: