20 coaches online • Server time: 03:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Season Redraft:
It is a Must. Should strictly follows BB2020 User Manual rules (15 games sharp etc..,)
26%
 26%  [ 34 ]
It is a Must. But not strictly following BB2020 Manual (f.i : after more than 15 games and/or different redraft rules... )
23%
 23%  [ 30 ]
It is nice to have and can be implemented in several way. I am flexible.
23%
 23%  [ 31 ]
I don't like it, but I will accept to be done with one of the previous option
5%
 5%  [ 7 ]
I don't like at all and I think should NEVER be implemented in FUMBBL!
12%
 12%  [ 16 ]
Pie!
9%
 9%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 130

koadah

Post   Posted: May 19, 2023 - 16:54 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

In the wise words of koadah: Suck it up camp #2, your days are numbered. Either fall in line or go find a new game. (amended quote)

It's not very wise. It is just how it is. Smile

Sad but true.

Seasons shouldn't be too much of a problem as high TV is almost dead already.

New game it is then Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: May 19, 2023 - 17:07 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

Seasons shouldn't be too much of a problem as high TV is almost dead already.

That is the interesting thing about FUMBBL right now. C div is mainly a DIV of box scheduler type of teams who do 15 game sprints and they are done.

So coaches who want to play 15+ games on one team are either the legacy type teams or teams who are working on making a roster for C play tournaments.

IMO the # of C play coaches who are interested in C majors/minors is slowly dwindling and being replaced by coaches who prefer Box Trophy sprints.

This is not good or bad...just the way of things right now.

Redraft is fine...agent fees are bad.

redraft at 1350TV every 15 games,No agent fees, is the perfect compromise..no one is exactly happy with it but both camps are fine with it.

Last edited by PainState on %b %19, %2023 - %17:%May; edited 1 time in total
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 19, 2023 - 17:09 Reply with quote Back to top

@Painstate: it seems to me that you like high TV teams with many games played.
I checked your Competitive teams and the highest team is a Human one, with TV 1460 and just 36 games played.
Not saying that you are wrong about Re-Draft trimming big TV teams, just that I personally found weird that you seem very sad about not being able to play lots of games and building a team when you could have a team with 200+ games played now, while Re-Draft has not been implemented yet.
You could have had some fun before the Re-Draft implementation, that's my point.
No offence nor personal attack implied, please don't get me wrong.
PainState

Post   Posted: May 19, 2023 - 17:15 Reply with quote Back to top

@Matt

Well, you are right, I could have played 300+ games with the Buccaneers by now BUT that was many years ago when I could actually play 2-4 games a day with no care in the world. The sad state of affairs I found myself in now a days is Iam lucky to play 1 game a week.

Now specifically my Rebooted Buccaneers roster that you are looking at. I have manually redrafted that team after game 15 and 30. I trimmed them to conform to the 1350 TV cap. As I stated earlier the team usually peaked at around 1750 TV at the end of season #1 and #2.

Now the idea of you should jam game on top of game before the redraft is enabled sounds good but impossible for me to do. I do like the idea of the redraft. It does keep the C div in check. Iam just against agent fees in the end.

Post   Posted: May 19, 2023 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:

But you said it yourself. Once the team gets big, there is hardly anyone to play.
Even the Majors are full of wee tiddlers. Wink

Seasons may be further away that expected, but they are still coming. The teams days are numbered.

The ship has sailed.

Last edited by koadah on %b %19, %2023 - %17:%May; edited 2 times in total
razmus

Post   Posted: May 19, 2023 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, but... for #3 there...
... I'll be curious to see how seasons/redraft impact Box Trophy. Will that system change (and how will it change), if that environment starts incorporating teams of multiple seasons?

I wasn't around when player aging was a thing. How did group #2 handle players leaving the team due to aging?

MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 19, 2023 - 17:21 Reply with quote Back to top

@PainState: I see. You are fully entitled to do whatever you want, I pointed that out because I found it weird. I didn't self-re-draft my teams because I could have faced old teams not manually re-drafted by their coaches and I don't like to play a team for just 15 games either.
I'm fine with Re-Draft, as long as everybody has to do it.

koadah wrote:

But you said it yourself. Once the team gets big, there is hardly anyone to play.

Yes, but you can control a bit your TV, as compromise. I did that. Instead of reaching TV 1800+ and struggling to find a Box game, I chose to control (not in a drastical way) my TV to keep it around 1600. It worked well enough for me to be able to play lots of games with my teams without having to self-re-draft/remaking them over and over again (so boring!).

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %19, %2023 - %17:%May; edited 1 time in total
koadah

Post   Posted: May 19, 2023 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

razmus wrote:
Yes, but... for #3 there...
... I'll be curious to see how seasons/redraft impact Box Trophy. Will that system change (and how will it change), if that environment starts incorporating teams of multiple seasons?

I wasn't around when player aging was a thing. How did group #2 handle players leaving the team due to aging?

Star player ageing wasn't the problem. What really got people's goats was players ageing on their very first skill.

SPPs counted towards TR in those days so losing a star was doing you a favour. Smile

The issue here is that the whole culture has changed.
Losing a star is one thing, but cutting all the way down to 1350 is too much for some.

Post   Posted: May 19, 2023 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Losing a star is one thing, but cutting all the way down to 1350 is too much for some.

I aspire to someday reach all the way up to 1350...

koadah

Post   Posted: May 19, 2023 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
@PainState: I see. You are fully entitled to do whatever you want, I pointed that out because I found it weird. I didn't self-re-draft my teams because I could have faced old teams not manually re-drafted by their coaches and I don't like to play a team for just 15 games either.
I'm fine with Re-Draft, as long as everybody has to do it.

koadah wrote:

Yes, but you can control a bit your TV, as compromise. I did that. Instead of reaching TV 1800+ and struggling to find a Box game, I chose to control (not in a drastical way) my TV to keep it around 1600. It worked well enough for me to be able to play lots of games with my teams without having to self-re-draft/remaking them over and over again (so boring!).

Maybe there is a common theme. Maybe people who play a lot of games can more easily build teams and stars. Cutting or restricting a team may not be such a big thing.

Also, if I'm only going to play one or two games a week (if that), I want them to be good ones.
I don't want to play someone that I have never heard of who could be great, but could be a total knobhead.
Why take the chance when you could play vs people that you have been chatting with all week?

Post   Posted: May 19, 2023 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

razmus wrote:
koadah wrote:

I aspire to someday reach all the way up to 1350...

Why "aspire" when you can go straight in at 3500 and still have gold to induce a second Morg? Mr. Green

Edit: if team building is dead then resurrection and pre-built teams like in the FIFA World Cup seem like the way to go.

Last edited by koadah on %b %19, %2023 - %17:%May; edited 1 time in total
Garion26

Post   Posted: May 19, 2023 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

redraft at 1350TV every 15 games,No agent fees, is the perfect compromise..no one is exactly happy with it but both camps are fine with it.

I don't see the point of redraft if you don't have agent fees.

The issue with BB 2020 played in an infinite online environment is very very long team lives allows for players to develop who are much better then their TV cost.
Either due to stats (move being undercosted) or random skills with recycling the not as useful players. Thats particularly pertinent with FUMBBL using TV as the biggest matchmaker criteria.

Getting two stats takes a very large number of SPP, two stats and say blodge even more. That just doesn't happen in a table top league season. It can in FUMBBL.

Redraft with agent fees means if you spent 45 games crafting that stat freak or cycling so all your linemen get Block at +10 TV you are going to incur a cost penalty.

Redraft without agent fees mean you just trim to 1350 or so every so often and with BB 2020 gold generation you can balloon back up if you desire pretty quickly. That may prevent TV 2000 Teams from developing typically (which isn't an issue in box at all at this point) but doesn't address issues created by the interaction of an eternal league format and the BB2020 rules set.
RDaneel

Post   Posted: May 19, 2023 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Even when I'm friendly, some people get offended if I comment their roster and tactics, even in a polite way but yes, I do it if people don't get offended. Heck, I sent you a PM with the 1TTD guide and you threatened to report me.
I even wrote an article for GLN, it doesn't seem to me that I don't interact with the community.

I reported your behavior to the admins because you sent me a PM during one of my games while you were watching it trying to give me “real-time” advice on how to play better.
In addition to inconveniencing me during a very tense game in competitive division this is expressly forbidden by the rules.

To be part of a community is to be able to understand others while trying not to be self-centered and to respect the community rules.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 19, 2023 - 21:49 Reply with quote Back to top

A PM is not a real time advice. I asked admins and sending a PM with a guide is not against any site rule (it wasn't an offensive PM, just a PM with a link to 1TTD for your future reference, I was trying to be friendly with you because you seemed to be a new to the site coach, and you are Italian as well, although you don't admit it). Also, I didn't send you an advice about "how to play better", just a link to 1TTD guide because you wrote in game that it was the first time you tried it.
I will report you again then, since you keep on writing false things.

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %19, %2023 - %22:%May; edited 3 times in total
RDaneel

Post   Posted: May 19, 2023 - 21:49 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

and who play minmax tiers1 will have a further incentive to keep his super legend. on the pitch
sorry i disagree. Agent fees must stay in my opinion and I even will increase these fees for stat freak players…
 Jump to: