18 coaches online • Server time: 07:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 30, 2023 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

100k, +1 bomb modifier affecting only the target square (not the 8 adjacent ones), Stunty giving -1 to pass roll.
Then bombers should be quite balanced and would help Goblins a bit.
Halfabrain

Post   Posted: May 30, 2023 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion26 wrote:
It takes risk of using a secret weapon back to CRP/BB2016 levels which is fine as noted above by Burt. Do goblins (or chainsaws) really need the nerf - no. But secret weapons having little risk is part of the reason people are angsty about Bomber and Cindy.

Sneaky Git has been called out in lots of tournament rules pack including the World Cup one for a reason.

The last two FAQ had a nerf targeted at Bomber including inducement changes for the underdog and this one for the bombardier skill.
An easier fix would be raising the price.

So the problem is dribblesnot/cindy not bombers and saws? Why nerf the weapons when you could just fix the stars? Maybe by restricting what races could induce them and removing Accurate...?

A saw is a black hole for rr and certainly isn't low risk. A garden variety bomber is more than a risk, he a bloody liability which is why nearly no one takes one even now. Both are members off a team that already sits flat bottom in win rates.

As for SG, I get that it's powerful. It'll still be powerful. But by removing the option to retreat after fouling you're penalising stunties more than anyone else because a Zon/elf/whatever is far less likely to get deleted by next turn's blitz than a Ooligan/gnoblar/fling.

Tier 1 and 2 coaches will still take SG to tournaments, I don't believe this change will stop it or even slow it much. Stunties will still take it because they have to, they just won't win as much
Mingoose

Post   Posted: May 30, 2023 - 20:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Halfabrain wrote:

Tier 1 and 2 coaches will still take SG to tournaments, I don't believe this change will stop it or even slow it much. Stunties will still take it because they have to, they just won't win as much

Agreed, I don't think a Deathroller really cares if it can move away, where the ooligan and the looney care very very much.
panalukidis

Post   Posted: May 30, 2023 - 23:13 Reply with quote Back to top

everything is just nerfing stunties because all you people were actually losing more games now. losers, we will continue to play stunty, even though you took away deeproot, griff, morg, bomma and everyone else. have fun with your elves and dorfs LOSERS! stunty shall prevail!
Tripleskull

Post   Posted: May 31, 2023 - 01:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Easily the best thing that happened to BB for years. It is not perfect, but it is all in the right direction for both tournament and for league play. I could hardly be more happy with an errata.
Happy_Amateur

Post   Posted: May 31, 2023 - 02:52 Reply with quote Back to top

BUT WHAT CAN I BLAME WHEN I LOSE TO STUNTIES NOW!?!?!
almic85

Post   Posted: May 31, 2023 - 06:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Increasing Bomber Dribblesnots cost up to 80-100k would have largely solved the problem with bomber.

I’ve got no real issue with then causing a turnover when they blow themselves up, though it’s odd that they now don’t cause a turnover for blowing up anyone on their team.

Bombers losing mighty blow is sad, but I will live.

Chainsaws getting nerfed at all is dumb.

If you're interested join the Fringe
Endrophil

Post   Posted: May 31, 2023 - 07:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually goblins are just as they were before, chainsaw and bomb causing turnovers, b&c is still better, doom diver still worse

Played goblins before and will continue, Ripper will be nice if available in future tournaments and looks better.
Dribblesnot is still good enough if not penalized.
RDaneel

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2023 - 10:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Last updated published (05/06/2023)
https://www.warhammer-community.com/faqs/#blood-bowl

:Chainsaw (p84) cause a turnover if "kick-back" (corrected typos)

:Bomber rule confirmed (+1 modifier on AV roll removed; self hit which place prone bomber cause turnover)

:Cindy is still NOT in the MegaStar list
koadah

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2023 - 11:31 Reply with quote Back to top

So a bomb does no damage? Shocked

Could we please have an option to still have the damage (with MB).

Edit:

OK. There is damage.

Last edited by koadah on %b %06, %2023 - %13:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2023 - 11:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I suggest an option to have the +1 modifier applied only to the player in the target square, +1 damage on 9 squares is too much. That seems to me an adequate compromise between blast realism (the centre of the blast should deal more damage) and balance (no modifier bomb seems too weak).
+1 applied to 9 squares can wipe out low AV players/Stunties.
Moreover, +1 damage applied to centre of the blast makes fumbles more dangerous for the bomber (that should make them more balanced).
koadah

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2023 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:

Moreover, +1 damage applied to centre of the blast makes fumbles more dangerous for the bomber (that should make them more balanced).

Makes sense.

Bombers need to lose accurate.

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2023 - 14:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Accurate can be ok if Stunty gives again -1 to passing, but that requires another option.
So, either Accurate and Stunty passing malus or no Accurate and no Stunty passing malus.
ArthurWynne

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2023 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

The existence of the PA stat removes the structural need for any passing penalty from the Stunty skill itself.

Whether or not it makes sense that a Goblin passes as well as a human is another question.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2023 - 15:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Then change the PA. 4+ is too good for a Stunty.
 Jump to: