30 coaches online • Server time: 12:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Solaris

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2023 - 10:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, I didn't find something about the Redrafting rules.

My first team reached 15 of 15 matches and I see my redraft budget.
But when I'm gonna to use it?

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2023 - 10:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Its not implemented yet.
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2023 - 10:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, will be implemented eventually. For now feel free to carry on.

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2023 - 12:16 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/p/blog&c=Christer&id=24598
olinratke

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2023 - 05:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Will there be an announcement when it's almost over?
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2023 - 11:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think so because Christer clearly stated that he doesn't want any time pressure about Re-Draft's implementation.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2023 - 21:09 Reply with quote Back to top

olinratke wrote:
Will there be an announcement when it's almost over?
My first guess is the same as Matt's, no. But, it's a momentous enough thing that there may be a short period between the time Christer decides he can pull the trigger on it and the time he actually does, and in that time we may get a few days' notice or something. But it almost certainly won't be more than that.

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2023 - 12:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I think Christer will not implement redraft during the Trophy.
So as current BT8 will end in 21 days and i don't think nothing is planned so short.

Much more realistically I do not expect any redraft before end of the year (so not before end of the next BT9) but is my own speculation.

in any case the sooner the redraft arrives the better for me
RDaneel

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2023 - 12:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Note: someone can think that Teams playing the Trophy are not impacted by redraft "during" the trophy because they have less than 15 games. But this is not always the case, as one Team can start playing trophy also with 3-4 games played in a competitive tournament (like RRR)... so if Redraft will happen during Trophy these teams will be impacted. In case Christer decide to keep 15 games for redraft times...
koadah

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2023 - 13:52 Reply with quote Back to top

RDaneel wrote:
Note: someone can think that Teams playing the Trophy are not impacted by redraft "during" the trophy because they have less than 15 games. But this is not always the case, as one Team can start playing trophy also with 3-4 games played in a competitive tournament (like RRR)... so if Redraft will happen during Trophy these teams will be impacted. In case Christer decide to keep 15 games for redraft times...

I believe BBT teams must be zero games played.

Even so, I believe that a team will not be forced to redraft during a tournament. Also, that tournaments could be linked. So that a team that wins a qualifier will not be forced to redraft before moving on to the finals.

I think. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2023 - 13:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I believe that teams will be able to optionally redraft before the 15 games. Will they ne able to optionally redraft during a tournament?

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2023 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

I think. Very Happy

I was thinking the same but looking teams attending Trophy I noticed some with more games played than the 15.
And this not only once the team ends trophy (as you can use after in normal gamefinder if you decide to skip the tournament) but also during the trophy...
If I remember well this topic was already discussed here
https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=32624&highlight=

So maybe is allowed to create a team for a RRR and then after a couple of game once the team exit RRR to join the Trophy. But I am not 100% sure ....
If yes in this case this team will end trophy with more than 15 games played...

koadah wrote:
I believe that teams will be able to optionally redraft before the 15 games. Will they ne able to optionally redraft during a tournament?

This depend how Christer would like to organize the "redraft". I think that once redraft will be active all teams created inside the Competitive division should redraft once reached 15 games (or 20 ... this will be decided by Christer).
I m not sure if s-o can decide to redraft "before", but I think that once redraft is active whenever your team reach 15 games you have to run the process (so your team will be put in some "P" status and before you can press "ready to play" you have to spend money, retire players, heal... whatever the admin decide to be done during redraft)

At least this is my understanding
koadah

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2023 - 17:34 Reply with quote Back to top

RDaneel wrote:
koadah wrote:

I think. Very Happy

I was thinking the same but looking teams attending Trophy I noticed some with more games played than the 15.
And this not only once the team ends trophy (as you can use after in normal gamefinder if you decide to skip the tournament) but also during the trophy...

Do you have any examples?

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2023 - 00:41 Reply with quote Back to top

sorry, I must correct myself.
Of course one team that has already played some games CANNOT be designated in a Trophy squad (so you can't play in RRR with a new team and then designate it for Trophy)... Embarassed
MerryZ

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2023 - 07:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I find hard to see anything affecting BBT teams when redraft comes.

0 game teams that play 15 games, no ?

BBT was designed to be a squad of one season teams (that if you want you can redraft after) afaik.

Only thing I see changin is that you would get better games against similar opponents.