22 coaches online • Server time: 05:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Dadde

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2023 - 15:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Just wondering if anyone noticed it,but in my last match against DottorEmme, we had 4 Brillant Coaching..does anybody had something similar?
Also, with vampires,when you REROLL the 1 for the gaze, you always roll 1 again. I m not sure,but maybe we should investigate on this? thanks!
dementor42

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2023 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Both are fine in my games.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2023 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Brilliant Coaching is result 7 on 2d6, so the most common one, 1/6. Rolling 4 Brilliant Coaching events has the same odds as rolling a quad skull, 1/1296. Not very common, but it can happen in a game.
I had games with 3 Blitz! events (which is a less likely event), so, yes, it is possible.

If you think that RNG is broken, do this: keep track of the Kick-Off events on a piece of paper, you will see that, over time, the results average out. Just, consider a big enough sample, such as 100 games. If you analyze a small sample of games the expected average is not that reliable.

We tend to remember more things which look weird to us, it's perception bias.

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %16, %2023 - %12:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
razmus

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2023 - 21:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Dadde wrote:
Also, with vampires,when you REROLL the 1 for the gaze, you always roll 1 again. I m not sure,but maybe we should investigate on this? thanks!

Assuming this is either selective bias, or you're making a joke. In case it's the former, I send you to your most recent game, second half: turn four. Atrak Lucia rolled 1, rerolled and got a 2.
Then second half: turn 7. Ailion Hitch rolled a 1, rerolled and got a 3.

Investigation over. Wink
Rawlf

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2023 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

If you want to take a deeper look into the RNG on FUMBBL, you can start here. But be warned, it is a lot more complicated than "hey, we get a lot of 1s". Tl;dr: it is way good enough.
MrCushtie

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2023 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Rawlf wrote:
If you want to take a deeper look into the RNG on FUMBBL, you can start here. But be warned, it is a lot more complicated than "hey, we get a lot of 1s". Tl;dr: it is way good enough.

You can use facts and science to prove anything you like, but it's still the case that the dice are only truly random when I get all the 6s and pows and my opponent rolls 1s and skulls.

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2023 - 08:39 Reply with quote Back to top

MrCushtie wrote:
Rawlf wrote:

You can use facts and science to prove anything you like, but it's still the case that the dice are only truly random when I get all the 6s and pows and my opponent rolls 1s and skulls.

Thats not random.

Thats what some call average rolling.

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2023 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

ITS A conSPIROcy!!!

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2023 - 10:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess you had an excellent game with 2 brilliant coaches. Only the vamp players constantly failing bloodlust didn't realize your brillante.
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2023 - 11:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Seventyone wrote:
ITS A conSPIROcy!!!

I was about to write that Laughing

Jump to: