47 coaches online • Server time: 21:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DoctorMidnight

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2024 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

+1 with my fellow coaches:

Excellent job, MisterFurious!!

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2024 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Those look great! You have my vote.
Grod

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2024 - 06:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure it's that clear cut. With wrestle, both offensively making a block and defensively receiving a block, on a both-down result, the gnome safely gets to the floor where he can't be blocked for the remainder of the turn (or in the opponents next turn for making blocks). For a LOS piece, for example, it can be the difference between being blocked 3 times or just once. And because the pieces have jump up? They are just as good beginning the turn prone as they are from a standing position. Also blocking with block/wrestle is usually safer than dodging away.

Java wrote:
... lacking Dodge on the linemen, they are just as vulnerable to knockdown and removal when hit by a block opponent. They can't use both down, but they can use defender stumbles.

The wacky part is that they're more vulnerable than a halfling when hit by a st3 no-skill lineman! Because now defender stumbles is useful!

Hard to be definitive with so little info.

Oscar Wilde
Java

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2024 - 12:25 Reply with quote Back to top

good summary of how wrestle and jump up work

My point was slightly different. It's not wrestle+ju maybe good, it's no-Dodge bad.

A halfling hit by a bog standard lineman goes down on pows only unless a turnover is chosen through bd. Halfling already suffer a lot from attrition as they are.

A halfling-adjacent piece without Dodge has armour rolled against it probably around twice the time, so the team inevitably suffers more attrition with armour and everything else being the same

That said, I look forward to trying them and see how they perform

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2024 - 13:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Air Jordan is back as an official 2020 Star Player.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-lAQ1yguLo

Can we jump to the conclusion that Gnomes will have access to the Elven Star Players?

If they will, 2 Treemen + the Elven Toxic Twins (for example) will offer a not-that-bad starting roster....
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2024 - 14:12 Reply with quote Back to top

“The Glimdwarrow Groundhogs are a collection of mischievous Gnomes, ready to bring their trickery, guile, and numerous woodland pals to the Blood Bowl pitch. The team includes 14 plastic miniatures – eight Linemen, two Illusionists, two Beastmasters with a choice of badger or goose companions, and two ball-thieving Woodland Foxes. You’ll also get balls and various tokens themed around the Gnomes.”

“ It’s, uh, possible that your Gnomes might need some help on the pitch if they’re to overcome some of the tougher teams out there, and that’s where the Gnome Treeman and Rodney Roachbait come in. The Treeman will add some punch to your scrimmage line, while Star Player Rodney Roachbait uses his trusty fishing rod to hook the ball right out from under the noses of opponents.”

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/03/31/sunday-preview-nightmares-pyres-and-gnomes/

Sounds like strip ball, but at a distance?
Drrek

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2024 - 15:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Sp00keh wrote:
“The Glimdwarrow Groundhogs are a collection of mischievous Gnomes, ready to bring their trickery, guile, and numerous woodland pals to the Blood Bowl pitch. The team includes 14 plastic miniatures – eight Linemen, two Illusionists, two Beastmasters with a choice of badger or goose companions, and two ball-thieving Woodland Foxes. You’ll also get balls and various tokens themed around the Gnomes.”

“ It’s, uh, possible that your Gnomes might need some help on the pitch if they’re to overcome some of the tougher teams out there, and that’s where the Gnome Treeman and Rodney Roachbait come in. The Treeman will add some punch to your scrimmage line, while Star Player Rodney Roachbait uses his trusty fishing rod to hook the ball right out from under the noses of opponents.”

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/03/31/sunday-preview-nightmares-pyres-and-gnomes/

Sounds like strip ball, but at a distance?

The star player's special ability was already revealed earlier

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/03/04/the-gnomes-of-blood-bowl-have-hooked-a-fantastic-fisherman-for-a-star-player/
moph

Post 12 Posted: Apr 01, 2024 - 15:27 Reply with quote Back to top

"As much as I welcome gnomes to bloodbowl, I detest animals on the pitch. With the arrival of the gnomes, we can recognize this as a worrying trend. Any Bloodbowl organization that considers itself honorable should not allow animals. I hereby demand that all responsible league commissioners and tournament councils exclude animals, including but not limited to boars, squirrels, rats, lizards and werewolves from play. The sport of Bloodbowl is not a petting zoo!"
-Ksal Dva-Ürfür, Member of the Steelforce Cup Tournament Council
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2024 - 15:31 Reply with quote Back to top

And trolls, trolls are the biggest animals!
moph

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2024 - 15:35 Reply with quote Back to top

We need an expert commission to decide if Slann are Frogs.
Jayward

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2024 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/04/01/the-blood-bowl-gnome-team-an-interview-with-the-designers/

Stats and costs are up, just missing the skill access I think?
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2024 - 18:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh nice

Also lol at this, sounds like the internet figured out master chef thing and GW hadn't:

"It’s also worth noting that although the Gnome team is part of the Halfling Thimble Cup, they are not intended to have access to a cheap Halfling Master Chef – Halflings save their best rates for their own, after all! This will be something that will be addressed in the May Designer’s Commentary, where it will be clarified that only Halfling teams get the discount for Halfling Master Chefs."
Carthage

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2024 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Jayward wrote:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/04/01/the-blood-bowl-gnome-team-an-interview-with-the-designers/

Stats and costs are up, just missing the skill access I think?

And quantity. I think knowing if any of those positionals are 0-4 instead of 0-2 will be significant. Especially the beastmasters. More guard, more good for an ST 2 team.
sebco

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2024 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

There will be only 2 of each positional mini in the miniatures box but, you're right, we should wait for rules to be sure they are really 0-2 in the roster list.

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2024 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Pretty sure they'll be 0-2, it follows the pattern of recent other releases like Amazons, Norse, Vamps and matches the way they duplicate sprues in the boxes
 Jump to: