89 coaches online • Server time: 21:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post SWL Season 100!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2024 - 21:57 Reply with quote Back to top

In any case, & w/ the 2 new traits, this teams sounds really interesting to a stunty fan.
Now it really depends on which skills each position has for 'primary' & 'secondary' skill choices.
I also wonder, does 'trickster' include blitz actions?
(Edit: I assume it does based on the definition of a blitz being a move+block action/s.)

Last edited by Nightbird on %b %01, %2024 - %22:%Apr; edited 2 times in total
MrCushtie

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2024 - 22:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Nightbird wrote:

Can't see why not. (Otherwise pretty soon we're back in that horrendous realm you might have seen a month or two back, where people start arguing you have to roll AG on a blitz if you use Jump Up)

Does it also fire on Hypnotic Gaze, or does that not replace a block?

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2024 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Am I right in thinking that if you try to stab with your Assassin and they Trickster to a different square, you can't shadow into the square they've exited, because they were removed from the pitch and put down somewhere else?

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2024 - 22:50 Reply with quote Back to top

MrCushtie wrote:
Am I right in thinking that if you try to stab with your Assassin and they Trickster to a different square, you can't shadow into the square they've exited, because they were removed from the pitch and put down somewhere else?

Isn't stab, just as hypnotic gaze, a special action so it wouldn't be considered a block?
I can't keep up w/ all the changing definitions of skills/traits/ actions anymore... Confused

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2024 - 23:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Nightbird wrote:
Isn't stab, just as hypnotic gaze, a special action so it wouldn't be considered a block?
It works on any block or block replacement action performed as a Block or Blitz action or its replacement. It works on Stab, Chainsaw, Multiblock, etc, but not on B&C.

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2024 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
Nightbird wrote:
It works on any block or block replacement action performed as a Block or Blitz action or its replacement. It works on Stab, Chainsaw, Multiblock, etc, but not on B&C.

Ah yes, I see JR. But not Hypnotic Gaze correct?

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2024 - 23:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Correct. Hypnotic Gaze is a special action but it isn't a special action that replaces a block or blitz action.

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2024 - 00:31 Reply with quote Back to top

This might be kind of a strong team at lower TV. They might also redraft well, and their ceiling is way high for Stunties. Both random G and A skills are awesome on this team. Imagine a Defensive between 2 Guard Trees, a Dauntless, a Kick, an 80k DPSG with Wrump-Up (a term of which I will never tire), a Diving Tackle or Side Step... and failing a landing roll only slows you down 7/12 of the time. None of that is your best defensive skill. Oh, and all your players are resistant to primary hitters who didn't take Bluggernaut (downside: Juggernaut will now be the ubiquitous follow-up to B/MB/T.

Last edited by JackassRampant on %b %02, %2024 - %00:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2024 - 00:37 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
This might be kind of a strong team at lower TV. They might also redraft well, and their ceiling is way high for Stunties. Both random G and A skills are awesome on this team. Imagine a Defensive between 2 Guard Trees, a Dauntless, a Kick, an 80k DPSG with Wrump-Up (a term of which I will never tire), a Diving Tackle or Side Step... and failing a landing roll only slows you down 7/12 of the time.

I'm wondering if they might actually get primary, general skills access on some positions.
This would keep them from getting cheap wrodge so...

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2024 - 00:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Dauntless. This team plus like 3 Daunts is just bash.

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2024 - 01:54
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jofNR_WkoCE&ab_channel=TVNorge

What does the fox say?

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2024 - 10:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Nightbird wrote:
In any case, & w/ the 2 new traits, this teams sounds really interesting to a stunty fan.
Now it really depends on which skills each position has for 'primary' & 'secondary' skill choices.
(Edit: I assume it does based on the definition of a blitz being a move+block action/s.)

Yeah the team looks interesting, the lack of dodge and low Av will make them very squishy of course, but they certainly have some decent tricks.

I'm a little surprised the beastmasters retain the use of stunty for dodging, however without dodge in the team, multiple 3+s into cages to pop the ball free wont be easy.

Also interesting that the fox can't be used to retrieve the ball for TTM attempts.

And 2 treemen confirmed. Shame its not a new big guy, but treemen are always fun

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2024 - 11:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm curious to know if gnome linemen and gnome beastmasters will have access to agility skills as primary skills (to take Dodge). If so, gnome team will join slann and vampire teams in the restricted circle of crazy cage-breaking rosters.

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2024 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

A stunty team with wrestle spam but no dodge, except on the fox. Sounds like an interesting team that i would dig in!
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2024 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

a DP will be 50k if lucky and 60k when planned, tho. not cheapo

Jump to: