75 coaches online • Server time: 20:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post SWL Season 100!goto Post Problem to organize ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Java

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2024 - 20:32 Reply with quote Back to top

That would imply primary G access

I want to try to lay out an attrition comparison so we are all on the same page regarding how much they're going to explode

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2024 - 20:39 Reply with quote Back to top

If its G primary, then 60k for selected dirty player is, I think, the 3rd cheapest chosen dirty player in the game behind a chosen secondary gnoblar/snotling or chosen primary rotter, all at 55k.
The only player that even starts with DP is more than that (slightly).
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2024 - 05:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm Thinking:
Line Gnomes- G/APS
Beast Masters- GS/A
Illusionists- GP/A
Woodland Foxes- A/G
Treemens- S/AG

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2024 - 08:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the foxes will the the same as Beer Boars
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2024 - 10:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Disagree with Nightbird, imo none of them should have primary G access

Agree with C0ddlefish, foxes may have no primary access at all… which means they’ll go straight for stats: +MA +MA
Grod

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2024 - 11:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Line Gnomes- G
Beast Masters- S
Illusionists- P
Woodland Foxes- A
Treemens- S

Is my bet. No need to nerf the foxes, they aren't that good.

Oscar Wilde
tussock

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2024 - 14:24 Reply with quote Back to top

You can't give them G access, you silly people, they'd take dauntless and wreck every other team.

We already have a really good stunty team, snotlings, game doesn't need another when they keep nerfing Goblins.

This team's already an insult to Halflings, after all. MA 7 AG 2+ ball carriers.

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2024 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

tussock wrote:
You can't give them G access, you silly people, they'd take dauntless and wreck every other team.

We already have a really good stunty team, snotlings, game doesn't need another when they keep nerfing Goblins.

This team's already an insult to Halflings, after all. MA 7 AG 2+ ball carriers.
This. G access would make them insane.

My guess (not sexy):
Gnome: A/GS
Beastmaster: A/GS
Illusionist: AP/GS (or A/GPS, but probably primary P; on a player who needs Dodge, can't take SH primary, doesn't have enough armor to be a good Leader, and has no passing skills, it doesn't really matter).
Fox: -/A
Tree: S/AG.

Do we have RR prices and positional quantities (apart from the trees)?

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2024 - 22:38 Reply with quote Back to top

So, regarding attrition, this is what I mean to say. Apologies for not making this a flashy infographic.

Any other stunty, when blitzed or blocked by a blockless, tackle-less opponent, has a chance of being knocked down that is 30.5% for 2dbs and 42.1% for 3dbs.

This rises to 55.5% for 2dbs and 62.9% for 3dbs, when the opponent has either block or tackle. This is also the knockdown rate to be taken into account for Gnomes regardless of the oppponet having block, tackle or both.

It goes up, for other stunties, to 75% on 2dbs and 87.5% on 3dbs respectively.

Because knockdowns equal armour rolls, unless they're facing only dwarves and chorfs, gnomes will suffer more armour rolls that any other stunty. Their armour is the same as Haflings, and any Halfling coach will tell you they take a lot of hurt, almost every match. Imagine if you took away their dodge.

You could counter this by saying they have Wrestle instead. But Wrestle is not a magic word, it has properties that were kindly summarised here before, that in no way prevent armour being rolled against Gnomes when the time comes.

Of course, stunties can avoid being blocked too much, by dodging out and/or carefully blocking away the opposition. This is generally a 88.8% or 97% success roll, but not for rookie gnomes, who have a straight 3+ to roll, in other words a 66.6% success. If they had a chef they could count on a bunch of extra rerolls for those key dodges, but alas, they get none of that. Incidentally, you also lack the rerolls for avoiding critical Take Root fails.

Magical thinking comes back with the fabled 2d uphill powerhouse, which has a 69.4% chance of success (meaning, 30.5% of the time it'll be a turnover). Slightly above the dodge but well below the other stunties' dodge (if you're not facing dorf and chorf).

So there you have it. They'll suffer a lot of attrition. Maybe their stifling potential, with the uphill, jump up, wrestle extravaganza will give them an edge, and the fox really is amazing, no doubt about that, but it can't do much if everyone else is reduced to a red splotch somewhere on the pitch.

All that said, I really like the models and some of the design ideas. I'd have preferred them to have cheap Chefs, and for the illusionist positional to have a trait that involved the ball like the model does. I really would like them to be decent, but I feel a lot of disappointment coming, imho the enthusiasm and the memes are sort of misplaced.

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2024 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
Line Gnomes- G
Beast Masters- S
Illusionists- P
Woodland Foxes- A
Treemens- S

Is my bet. No need to nerf the foxes, they aren't that good.

Prolly closer to the real deal. Wanted to see how much uproar there'd be w/ ALL general access. Laughing

I can't see how they would design a team that's meant to have lots of attrition to have easy access to wrodge JR. No Gnome will have primary agility access. Unless, of course, they meant to create the Amazons of Stunties instead of the Norse of Stunties... Shocked

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2024 - 00:33 Reply with quote Back to top

"they meant to create...."

They mean to sell boxes of minis. Period.

GW do NOT playtest their 2020 BB products.
GW do NOT think about the effectiveness of their new rosters. They don't even know how Blood Bowl really works.
They just improvise.

Jervis Johnson is retired. And we miss him.

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2024 - 08:49 Reply with quote Back to top

DoctorMidnight wrote:
They mean to sell boxes of minis. Period.

this, but slamming a pint on the table and then flipping it.

However, how should we call our Secret League Gnomes with bombs and contraptions, from now on? Real Gnomes?

DoctorMidnight

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2024 - 09:25 Reply with quote Back to top

awambawamb wrote:
How should we call our Secret League Gnomes with bombs and contraptions, from now on? Real Gnomes?

+1

(Or O.G.'s. For Original Gnomes, like in "Original Gansters".)
Java

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2024 - 09:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Something along the lines of Gnome Weaponsmiths or Gnome Tinkerers

I'd expect Garion to come up with something like that after streamlining their rules

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2024 - 10:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I have already got plans for secret league. Don't worry.

The gnomes in secret league are based on warhammer lore from 3rd edition up to 5th and the equivalent editions of warhammer fantasy role play regarding gnomes living in dwarves mountain holds and being tinkers.

The official GW gnomes Roster is based on the later warhammer fantasy role play (4th edition iirc? Might have remembered that wrong) in which they're woodland gnomes a tricksters. Basically smurfs..

So the SL will have some minor changes and a small name change.

I'll be pushing an update through next week. With some of the new teams at the foot of the SL 2020 page.

Thanks ❤️