29 coaches online • Server time: 02:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post 1150 - OWA TT Tourna...goto Post SWL Season 100!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
nazerdemus

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2004 - 17:17 Reply with quote Back to top

monboesen wrote:
Could we cut out the "its BLOOD bowl" comments please. That was not my argument anyway. I know that its part of the game. And off course it should be. The issue is that some of you guys no longer play to win, but to kill. Or as I saw demonstrated earlier today just to ensure a 1-0 win and then hunt down the players on the other team. Fouling each turn instead of scoring a few more easy TD's and spp's

I sincerely second AvatarDM's suggestion. Go make a U group with the other guys who like that sort of playing and maim each other to your hearts content.

Please Name some people who dont play to win I want to play them , my ranking could do with a boost ,

I think Pride stops people from not playing to win , who likes to lose ?
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2004 - 17:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I am not going to try to justify the M.U.'s anymore.. ive done it in other threads on this exact same topic but obviously no-one reads them. To be honest there realy isnt any justification anyway. we just enjoy a different aspect of the game to you......

I give this advice (which i have given before) : familiarise yourself with the DMU, Pestcontrol, khaos horde gathering and emu members lists. check opponents teams.... if their loaded up with mb, claw, rsc, and dp use your brain. you know what they want to do to your team. and finaly..... ask the opposing coach when he challenges you. if he denies being a member when directly questioned then i can promise i would kick him from the groups that i have control in.
we dont try to hide and we dont ignore winning.

there seems to be more threads about these groups than actual M.U.'s... you only give us more prestige by keeping on talking about us.Ignore us... im sure we wil go away Wink
everytime someone starts one of these threads i get a bunch of new applications..... i should realy pay you for the advertising Wink

Last edited by paulhicks on %b %21, %2004 - %17:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2004 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

You can play them. Look at the groups your teams are in. The ones also out there for the kills.

Reminds me of the man counting his donkeys... sheesh.

Z
nazerdemus

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2004 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Name the names , Im intrested
Gatts

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2004 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a woodelf team in the DMU. That team aims to win and maim opponents in roughly equal amounts. When I'm the challenger I always explain to the dwarfteam i challenged about d.m.u and our scoring system. Strangely enough most dwarf coaches are eager to play me even so. Smile

I really see no problems with dmu, espescially seeing how dwarf teams normally have to struggle to find games, I know my dwarves have a hard time finding games.

i don't really know if i have a point here exept well.. as long as people are honest about what they do i think anything is fair. And well, it's not like it's just the .m.u players that tries to hurt as many players from the opposing team as possible. Just as an example, nothing against the coach and i'd probably do the same, i played my halfling team against a darkelf team. Both my trees took root in the middle of the pittch, he spent the half hunting down any fling i stood up resulting in i think 6 casualities before i surrendered the game with 2 immobile trees left on the los. Good spp for him, and I sure wasn't gonna win that game. hmm i notice i still don't have a point..

I can agree with monboesen that newbiehunting while hiding your intent in a hunting group such as the mu's is a problem, and something i feel/hope that the dmu does not participate in. (we do however invite dwarf coaches to our chatroom to look for games there) But as long as the mus are handled in a somewhat honourable maner i think they can add something to the game. Atleast I enjoy my dwarfhunting elves and i hope that my opponents has somewhat enjoyed their games against me. Did i get a point across this time..? Doubtfull but i hope so.

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2004 - 17:30 Reply with quote Back to top

The game is called Bloodbowl for marketing purposes. Has any one actually bled during a game or had their mini bleed like a spanish statue of the virgin mary.

I notice these trends come and go here on Fumbbl. Thankfully they quickly die out. The majority of chaos teams or emu coaches aint that great as sinner commented. Let them play for their reasons and you play for yours. Stop worrying about what other coaches or teams are doing and your stress level will go WAY down.

btw, has anyone noticed an increase in dp on teams? Smile

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2004 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm still wonderin why all those metagroups are created in Ranked... Unranked would be the perfect place for such groups... you can make rules about your playing style, you make rules for challenges and other things that probably aren't allowed in a group in Ranked...
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2004 - 17:33 Reply with quote Back to top

i totaly agree about newbie hunting..... the kaos horde gathering and dmu are supposed to be about tough and violent competition not cherrypicking. we kick persistant cherrypickers and the one time i accidentaly played someone who was obviously new i stoped fouling and crowd pushing and tried to give him some tips...... if we scare off the noobs before they get good we will run out of victims (only joking)

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2004 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

well said darkwolf... i couldnt agree more

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2004 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
I'm still wonderin why all those metagroups are created in Ranked... Unranked would be the perfect place for such groups... you can make rules about your playing style, you make rules for challenges and other things that probably aren't allowed in a group in Ranked...

I think it's because it's easier to find games in R. And I don't know exactly what rules about challenges you are reffering to.
MorbidDeath

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2004 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Does no one find it funny that many comments are made - yet with no proof? Such as Alcingragaholic - just as one example.

There is all this pre-determined talk of how we hunt newbies, how we take down the fumbbl community.

As has been said - newbies normaly do not have teams in our league - their tr is too low - so stop talking rubbish.

As for brinning down the Fymbbl community - at least we TALK and CHAT in our rooms. How often do I see chat in the main chat room???? Not often - and usulay by the same people that are chatting in various of the MĂș rooms or kaos room.

We add to Fumbbl community - with our interaction and enthusiasm for the game AS it is supposed to be played. SO if some of you guys want to cry and bitch about things - at least come up with VALID arguments - WITH proof and then show how you ARE a better member and coach of this community.

I really doubt you can.
SO sotp bringing up daft, childish threads based on the fact that you are not-part pf anything. As for taking our communities to Unranked - I think we should have the right to play in any form we like - and certainly not peolple with jumped-up, preconceived and lack-of proof arguments has the right to even coment.

Post 16 Posted: Dec 21, 2004 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I wonder too.

I wonder why they are allowed in [R] at all. [R] is explicitly designed for Coah Ranking, and anything that pollutes the Coach Ranking system should have a very good reason for being included.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Tzeentch's Chainsaw Massacre

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2004 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Following on from the no proof , here are the top 5 hoarde coaches at the moment and next to their name their horde teams record
coach w/d/l
oldworld beastman 26/10/9
naama 23/16/21
pjardu 17/2/5
dreadclaw 17/2/5 edit soz DC left you out
golgomoth 10/6/13

which of these coaches do you think isnt playing to win ?

Last edited by nazerdemus on %b %21, %2004 - %17:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
nazerdemus

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2004 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Evo how does it affect coach ranking ?
AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2004 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Really? What part about no proof? Elaborate, please.

Consider this.

You make 5 points for a win. Fine. You lose 5 for a loss. Sounds pretty fair.

Now, if you kill a single player, you make anywhere from 8 to 16 points. The way I see it, winning is not really tantamount nor a priority.

If you made it that winning the game doubles the points, then I would understand that the game was being played not simply to maim the opposing team into the dirt. However, winning is just chump change compared to the points for racking up casualties.

Lack-of-proof arguments. Considering the other people who have been arguing your point have said BLOODbowl, not BE NICEbowl... How ironic. Iconic, too.

Z

ps. Nazer, those are only 4.
 Jump to: