12 coaches online • Server time: 05:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Jump up on a tree?goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Cortelll

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2005 - 14:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I got this PM today:

"when you join a league you're expected to play your matches. you have beeen on the site and have not cummunicated your intensions. this is the most inconsiderate conduct i have seen. the other members should put you on their banned lists, i know i will."

I am not going to mention the person that sent me that private message. All I gotta say by myself if that if you have been watching the new lately, Northwest Ohio, the region in which I leave has been battling some really terrible snow storms. We have lost power many times in the past 2-4 weeks. I am one of those people that go out and cut trees and get everything repair so families can have heat and electricity when it is -6F at night time. I have said many time to people that it was going to be hard for me to play games for a while, since I have to do something else. Non the less I just want to know everybody that things are getting better here and that I will be able to come back to play soon.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Thanks,

Vamps Group
nazerdemus

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2005 - 16:39 Reply with quote Back to top

You must be playing the games now , you must do it much faster , quickly boy play your games before i hunt you down with a boar spear , I will set upon you with all the fury of the seventh god of the Misharikki-tolambeki .
mutescreamer

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2005 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Hope all improves soon for ye Cortelll,
mstrchef13

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2005 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I've heard of rudeness, but the message and its tone were clearly unacceptable for what I believed to be was a friendly community. I'd be interested to know who sent the message, just so that I know *NEVER* to play or be involved with anything run by this person. For someone to believe that blood bowl is more important than our individual real life responsibilities is appalling.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2005 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah. Just rude.

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2005 - 17:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Take care of yourself and stay warm, man! If anything, this should be showing you that there are better things to worry about than BB... Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2005 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Nobody told you that emergency services are secondary to getting your league games played?
Billy

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2005 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

there are always people who are so singleminded they see nothing left or right of their way. We shouldn't be angry at them. I think we should be sorry our society brings forth such shameful creatures. Here is someone who needs help with his social live. He probably doesn´t know how a woman look like. Smile
Keep your head up. Helping people in unpleasent situation is the best thing to spend your time on i can think of.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2005 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

He assumed the most likely scenario - that you'd buggered off and ditched the tourney. That happened to be incorrect and, as a rule of thumb, we should all try to give people the benefit of the doubt. Assume that people's intentions are not as bad as they might immediately seem until they prove otherwise.

Not every disconnection is a dropper, for example. Assume that if someone has a timely connection failure, then it's a genuine problem, not just dropping to save one's star player from that failed apothecary... unless it becomes habitual and then you've proven otherwise.

By the same token, the guy's just trying to keep his league alive. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt, too and assume that he didn't intend that to be quite as rude as it came across. He had a valid doubt and he expressed it over PM. It could be worse.

Also, where in Ohio? Just curious, as I grew up there and the words "lake effect snow" still send me into catatonic twitching.

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2005 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Well put BMM, though I hope I have never sounded like the mystery Tournament owner, I have attempted to make contact with folks that seem to have forgotten FUMBBL committments, I have always tried to give the benefit and ask "hey are you coming back, or is RL too big a hassle atm to bother with FUMBBL and I should find a substitute?"

Sadly, I rarely get a response either way, but at least then I've tried without possibly alienating a person the way Cortelll obviously feels. Wink
celas

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2005 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

From my previous experience playing with Cortelll I put him on my MustPlay list and thought he was one of the most polite people I have ever played. The only thing I can suggest is that if you do not have time to play a 60-120 minute match, that you try to log on just long enough to explain the situation. I am guessing you did that already (or would have if you could have). I know the snow was horrible around the holidays in Ohio and north central US just took another hit last weekend. Hang in there.

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2005 - 20:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I've just come back from NYC and as a brit i can honestly say i've never seen so much snow. We in London tend to just get grey (but not TOO cold) weather. So i have utmost respect for Cortell and regardless of what the guy intended, because he has clearly got it wrong in a major way, he should apologise to Cortell. You just have to do your research before you get "hell and damnation" preacher on them; otherwise issue them a grovelling apology if your wrong

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2005 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Woah that tourney sounds fun.

Do me a favour and PM me the name so I can avoid it? Rolling Eyes

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2005 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

It's hard to not jump to the worst possible conclusion. I know I've done it plenty of times and made unfounded accusations on upstanding coaches. I'm sure he'll understand, feel embarrised for a little, and move on.

Kansas was hit pretty hard too, but that just meant I played more BB.
UHI

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2005 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

After checking the tourney page i have a wild guess on who the sender of this PM message is. But maybe i am totally wrong. Well i think Cortelll started an interesting tourney and is doing a good job. Looking forward to play both our games (in 2 different tourneys).
 Jump to: