46 coaches online • Server time: 15:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season 100!goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
bitesize

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2005 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=1640436

rolled a (6+4) on his skill roll. He already has Guard, Piling on, Multiple Block. The only choices are break tackle or +MA.

I'm leaning toward +MA because it is almost always useful, whereas break tackle is only sometimes useful (if he is touching someone, i probably would rather hit them than dodge away). Thoughts?
celas

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2005 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

how often do you plan on using BT? It is nice to get that as the next skill only to allow you a free choice of whatever you want on the fifth skill roll, imho. MV would be more useful, but then again, there is little use in BGs without block :p

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2005 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I gave my ogre +MA and it's been useful, so go for it.
Brad

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2005 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Break Tackle.

Not only do you get your next choices free, but BT can help you choose who to hit in important situations, instead of the sacrificial lamb that opponents normally leave staninf next to the Big Guy.

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2005 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

How often do you use your Troll on a blitz on your Orc team? BT would be more for position. It is too risky to have to pass two rolls where a "1" means a turnover (i.e., Really Stupid roll and Dodge roll) and Trolls are rarely in a better position to Blitz than other teammates as most players plunk them in the middle of the field and will always be surrounded by other tough guys. BT is still the better choice (to allow your fifth skill to be any skill), but I would not plan on using it much.

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2005 - 23:31 Reply with quote Back to top

+ ma

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2005 - 23:52 Reply with quote Back to top

break tackle to gat that block at will next level up Wink

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2005 - 23:54 Reply with quote Back to top

definately BT, big guys are so much better with block.
Nordmark

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2005 - 23:57 Reply with quote Back to top

He´ll age on next skill anyway Wink

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2005 - 00:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Nordmark wrote:
He´ll age on next skill anyway Wink

Just in case he will not age (like this lucky Troll), choose BT in order to take the important Block at the next skill.

Until his next skill, +Mv might be more useful than BT, but after his next skill you will be able to block with him with less fear for a turnover.

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2005 - 00:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Normally I'd say MA. But I would choose Break Tackle, so that you can go Block-Pro on his next skills (and assuming he doesn't age he will be a hell of a troll).

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2005 - 14:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I even take break tackle as the 2nd normal skill on my trolls. I don't like making 2 dice blocks with them and often use the break tackle to move the troll into a position where his guard (always the 1st skill) provides more important assists.

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2005 - 14:36 Reply with quote Back to top

BT, +MA is worthless scept in throwers some catchers and fully developed blitzers. plus you need that BT to score a double next time.
bitesize

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2005 - 09:45 Reply with quote Back to top

To give some closure to the topic, I should notify you all that I went with BT. I plan to never use it, but heck, I want block and pro some day and my troll shall never age!
Pau

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2005 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

block and tackle!
 Jump to: