41 coaches online • Server time: 15:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you like to see positional secret weapon players in the stunty leeg?
Hell yeah!
86%
 86%  [ 46 ]
Are you out of your *mind*?
13%
 13%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 53

Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2003 - 03:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Sooo. I was thinking, and that always leads to trouble. What do you think about adding some positional players to the stunty leeg that have secret weapons? We would have to sort out who got access to what, and how many, but first I'd like to see who likes the general idea.
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2003 - 03:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I wanted to answer both. Then I realised what's the point of voting "Are you out of your *mind*?" because everybody but newbies know that Mr-Klipp is definitely out of his mind.

This also could be a way of balancing out some of the teams. For example, the overpowered skinks could have a much more limited access then other stunty teams.

As Always,
Evolve To Stuntydom

Stunty A.N.A.R.C.H.I.S.T.

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2003 - 03:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, as far as skinks go, the only one I really see fitting them anyway is the dagger.

The Finishing Touch
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2003 - 03:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, so far so good. Any ideas of who should get what, how many, and for what cost?

The Finishing Touch
Moxy

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2003 - 04:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Mmmmmm weapons in the hands of little guys. How can that be a bad thing.
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2003 - 04:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm maybe...:

Gobbo Cheaters

No trolls
0-2 chainsaws
0-2 ball and chains
0-2 pogo sticks

Let the carnage begin. Twisted Evil

The Finishing Touch
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2003 - 06:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Here's my suggestions for secret weapons:

Snotlings: Can't see them taking any of them except for poison dagger, but I'd see that as being more like a pouch full of spores thus:
0-2 Spore Bearers same stats as a normal snotling but with poison dagger
Maybe swap a troll for a non-star player pump wagon

Skinks: They don't really need to be ugraged thus:
0-1 Adept of Sotek same stats as a skink put with poison dagger

Halflings: One of the weaker teams without their master chef but it's a stretch to give them many secret weapons thus:
0-2 Carvers same stats as a halfling but with a Chainsaw to carve the turkey
0-2 Kickers same stats as a halfling but with the kick skill

Chaos Halflings: Jazzed up halflings don't need that much a boost thus:
0-2 Carvers same stats as a chaos halfling

Goblins are the masters of the secret weapon thus:
0-2 Choice of Fanatic, Chainsaw or Pogo

I like Klipp's idea of a non-big guy goblin team with loads of secret weapons but I'd also give them another positional player to make up for the lack of big guys: 0-2 Dirty Gits gobbos with DP.

And while we are thinking of adding new teams, how about these new rosters:

Ungors
0-2 Minotaurs
0-16 Ungors 6-2-3-7 Stunty, Horns 50K Ag PH
60K RRs

Nurglings
0-2 Beasts of Nurgle 4-6-1-9 Mighty Blow, Foul Appearance, Regeneration, Really Stupid, Big Guy 110K G St PH
0-16 Nurglings 5-2-2-7 Stunty, Regeneration, Dodge, Thick Skull 40K Ag
No Apoth
60K RRs

Faeries
0-2 Treemen
0-4 Pixies 7-1-3-5 Stunty, Dodge, Hypnotic Gaze, Leap 50K Ag
0-12 Gnomes 5-2-2-7 Stunty, Dodge, Right Stuff 40K Ag
60K RRs

I tried to be consistent with Warhammer fluff for the new teams (Certainly more fluffy than chaos 'flings) and I think these teams would each add something new to the stunty leeg:
1) Ungors add a bashy team to the stunty leeg. Imagine a stunty team without dodge Wink
2) Nurglins add another running team with some nasty big guys.
3) Faeries add an elven type team to the leeg.

I think the Ungors and Nurglings look fine as is (Except maybe giving Nurglings Ph access but I'd like them only to be able to get FA). But I think the faeries might need a bit of tweaking (Could they go all pixie? Do they need to have a TTM game? Can you think up a better linefaerie name than Gnomes?)
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2003 - 07:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the nurglings, though I bet they would be impossible to score with. As for the ungors, traditionaly ungors are a bit smaller and less muscular than gors, but they are still at least the size and strength of a human. I like the team concept though, but is there something else we could make them? I'd like to see how the fairies play against some of the other teams. Have to tried any games with them?

As for the gobbos, it's really not possible in the current player purchase code to have a series of players with a max 2 of any combo, so for now we are pretty much stuck with using standard 0-1 0-2 on a per position basis.

The Finishing Touch
slackman

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2003 - 08:15 Reply with quote Back to top

i dunno about the ungors. sure, they have horns, but w/ 2 minos, how often are you going to be blitzing w/ them instead? and they cant get block, so what's the point of even trying? i'd much rather take big hand (maybe RSC Twisted Evil ) on a double instead of block, seeing as how they're all lacking dodge they need all the help moving the ball they can get.

the nurglings look like they'd be fun, just have to make sure the beast loses his infect skill. but im sure they'd also have quite a hard time scoring. they're like the khemri of the stunty leeg.

i really like your faerie idea, but ag1 ttms w/ an ag2 landing, mean you'd better roll double 6s or someone dies. i think and even trade of 1ag for 1av is sufficient, they shouldnt be 40k.

slackman42
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2003 - 13:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Did a very brief test run of my two new rosters. We did some quick revisions of them but would greatly appreciate people playtesting them, preferably against non-experimental stunty teams.

Here's the links:
Nurglings
Faeries

Here's the Fairies Revised Roster
0-2 Dryads 3-4-1-9 Big Guy 80K G St 80K
0-4 Pixies 7-1-3-6 Stunty, Dodge, Hypnotic Gaze, Leap Ag 90K
0-12 Brownies 4-2-2-7 Stunty, Dodge Ag 30K

Nurglings stay the same.
0-2 Beasts of Nurgle 4-6-1-9 Mighty Blow, Foul Appearance, Regeneration, Really Stupid, Big Guy 110K G St PH
0-16 Nurglings 5-2-2-7 Stunty, Regeneration, Dodge, Thick Skull 40K Ag

As for the Ungors, Klipp point out the fluff inconsisties. I was going by my recollection of the miniatures but according to the fluff they are too tough to be stunties IMHO.

As Always,
Evolve To Stuntydom

Stunty A.N.A.R.C.H.I.S.T.

Last edited by EvolveToAnarchism on %b %14, %2003 - %04:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
slackman

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2003 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

maybe i should be posting this in a different place, but i did run across a certain inconsistency w/ the gobbo weapon holders. they're supposed to lose the stunty ability when dodging, so the simplest solution seemed to be simply removing that trait from their skill set. however, shouldnt the +1 still apply on injury rolls? oh, and what are the new prices from the pixie team? you seem to have left those off.

slackman42
cusi

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2003 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

EvolveToAnarchism wrote:
Here's my suggestions for secret weapons:

Ungors
0-2 Minotaurs
0-16 Ungors 6-2-3-7 Stunty, Horns 50K Ag PH
60K RRs

how bout right stuff for ungors? wa makes it difficult but it would be fun aand make fer some exciting desperation attempts
duderman

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2003 - 02:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Evo here some other magical fairie-kin of the pixies: brownies, sprites, nixies, and leprechauns.

IMO gnomes don't bleong with fairies esp. since blood bowl already has a version gnomes although not offical or used by fumbbl
cusi

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2003 - 04:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Gnome team
gnomes are allies of dwarves and when dwarves heard that there was a all stunty bloodbowl league the dwarves bullied the gnomes into making 'em a team

0-16 LineGnomes 4-2-3-7 Stunty, Dodge, Right Stuff Ag 40,000 gps
0-2 DwarfLumberjacks 5-3-2-9 Chainsaw, Thick Skull G 70,000 gps
0-2 Troll Slayers 5-3-2-8 Fenzy, Thick Skull, Dauntless Block G,S 90,000 gps
0-2 Dwarf Canon 1-2-3-9 Always Hungry, Really Stupid, Sure Hands, Blunderbuss, Throw Team Mate, Pass. Passing and General skills 60,000 gps
rerolls 50,000 initial

Last edited by cusi on %b %16, %2003 - %23:%Jul; edited 7 times in total
Zhluhur

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2003 - 11:33 Reply with quote Back to top

When I look at the miniatures of GW, the Nurglins should be ST1 like the Snotlings.

But if they are playable at ST2 keep it.