47 coaches online • Server time: 17:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you like to see positional secret weapon players in the stunty leeg?
Hell yeah!
86%
 86%  [ 46 ]
Are you out of your *mind*?
13%
 13%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 53

Barash

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2003 - 12:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe one more position for the Fairie Roster?
0-1 (or 0-2) Quickling 9-1-3-6 Stunty, Dodge Ag 50k

lightning fast runner, but very fregile.

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2003 - 13:17 Reply with quote Back to top

slackman wrote:
maybe i should be posting this in a different place, but i did run across a certain inconsistency w/ the gobbo weapon holders. they're supposed to lose the stunty ability when dodging, so the simplest solution seemed to be simply removing that trait from their skill set. however, shouldnt the +1 still apply on injury rolls? oh, and what are the new prices from the pixie team? you seem to have left those off.

slackman42

Yeah, this is correct. What needs to be in the client would be code that ignores the no tackle zone effect of stunty when carrying a weapon, so that this can be done correctly.
Garax

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2003 - 14:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe make Nurglings like Snotlings... You know ST 1 Two Heads and so on. Make each player a pack like with the snots. Just an idea...
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2003 - 05:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Garax wrote:
Maybe make Nurglings like Snotlings... You know ST 1 Two Heads and so on. Make each player a pack like with the snots. Just an idea...

Garax, I thought about making them swarms like snotlings, but then thought what's the point of duplicating an existing roster. Then there's the fact that nugrlings are way tougher than snotlings. The nurglings are supposed to be the bashiest team in stunty. Thus no TTM and AG2 to make them balanced. I was tempted not to give them access to mutations, but then that wouldn't be very fluffy, so I'll add PH to their roster.

I've posted a modified positions.ini file for the two new rosters: Faeries and Nurglings It should be much easier to test these rosters if you DL this file. You'll be able to easily distinguish the players positions.

I've played two games with the Nurglings and think they are fairly balanced but would love to hear some more test results. The Faeries have only seen one test game that I'm aware of, and they've been since modified, so it would be great if I could have some test matches with them versus each of the existing team. I think these guys will be the toughest team to balance.

As Always,
Evolve To Stuntydom
Stunty A.N.A.R.C.H.I.S.T.
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2003 - 06:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, mutations on daemons could go either way per the fluff. Mutations are regarded as a gift from the chaos gods to mortals that follow them, and strictly speaking would not be something a daemon would get. However, daemons are also refered to as taking numerous forms, so the effects of mutations could be justified in that manner if they seem to need it.
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2003 - 11:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm thinking of upping the cost of nurglings to 50K. The test games so far have shown them to be pretty resilient. 50K seems expensive though but not overly so if I also give them access to mutations. And mutations should help compensate for their lack of secret weapons. I also think I'll go with 70K rerolls as they are a chaos team. Any other playtesters have any comments on the nurglings?

As Always,
Evolve To Stuntydom

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2003 - 12:49 Reply with quote Back to top

the faeries seems rather fragile.
my hobbits cleared them out pretty well...
could have been lucky rolls
but i think they need 1 or 2 more dryads
or treemen instead
the hipnotic gaze was useful once but usually it semed to be used to save a dodge roll which is nice but not a big deal in stunty...
it worked one time well when it was used on my treeman to let a dryad sneak into a wedge to hit my hobbit with the ball but since my hobbit had 2 assists it was jsut a one die and a pushback
I think 2 more dryads would help this team a lot..
or take big guy off of the dryads so they get rerolls
sauri dont have big guy do they?
do any str 4 guys have big guy?

Last edited by cusi on %b %15, %2003 - %13:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
cusi

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2003 - 13:29 Reply with quote Back to top

http://plan.world-domination.org/fumbbl/starting_gnome_roster.htm
a starting gnome roster with 1,000,000.00 spent
try 'em out tell me what you think of them please
post comments in the thread

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2003 - 11:21 Reply with quote Back to top

cusi wrote:
http://plan.world-domination.org/fumbbl/starting_gnome_roster.htm
a starting gnome roster with 1,000,000.00 spent
try 'em out tell me what you think of them please
post comments in the thread

I played cusi's team with a regular halfling team and i like the gnome stuff. you just have to make sure that (if they ever get it running!) the chainsaw stays off you expesive players until the first touchdown because they have a good chance of being send of by the ref. the cannon is a little weak because of the mv 1, maybe it schould have mv 3 and lose the passing skill. Dont know if the blunderbuss and throw team mate enables the cannon to shot a gnome to everywhere on the field?
After all, the gnomes schould join us in the stuny legg!

Last edited by kutzenschift on %b %16, %2003 - %11:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
Miyuso

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2003 - 11:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I've got a couple of test lists that I wouldn't mind people having a test of. First is the Goblin Varient List which uses the different types of goblins found in U WD 268, and this list is at http://www.angelfire.com/dragon/lairofthe/Gobbo_Varient.html The other is a skavenslave Slash Clan Moulder list which i'm having some troubles uploading, so i'll post the URL later.

Miyuso
sourwyrm

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2003 - 00:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, Copycat and I played a test game with the gnomes for Stunty Leeg. The Cannon was fun, I used it both to throw (shoot) gnomes and as a blunderbuss. They didn't seem unbalanced (gnomes only move 4). Yet, I was able to score 3 td's with them, so they aren't horrible. I think they would add some spice to the already flavorful Stunty Leeg.
CopyCat

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2003 - 00:33 Reply with quote Back to top

yep i agree with sourwyrm, they (gnomes ) really was like balanced team not to good, not to bad to get to stunties league, the lack of movement was really balanced with realitively nice shooting of cannon ... and dwarven troll slayers were really nice reserve for a lack of big guys Smile if you dont have one, force your opponent to make a same choice Cool

Last edited by CopyCat on %b %17, %2003 - %01:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
MortLegosi

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2003 - 00:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I think we should allow the halflings 4 chainsaw positions, but have treemen unwilling to take the pitch if there are members of their own team with chainsaws on it.
cusi

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2003 - 03:31 Reply with quote Back to top

MortLegosi wrote:
I think we should allow the halflings 4 chainsaw positions, but have treemen unwilling to take the pitch if there are members of their own team with chainsaws on it.

hehe
i agree totally
unless maybe the flings got the chainsaws from some dead dwarven lumberjacks the treemen killed...
otherwise they can have dirty steak knives (poisoned daggers)
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2003 - 11:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Here's the revised experimental stunty rosters:

Nurglings Revised RosterNurglings Test Roster
0-2 Beasts of Nurgle 4-6-1-9 Mighty Blow, Foul Appearance, Regeneration, Really Stupid, Big Guy 110K G St PH
0-16 Nurglings 5-2-2-7 Stunty, Regeneration, Dodge, Thick Skull 50K Ag, PH
ReRolls: 70K
Apothecary: No

Fairies Revised Roster Faeries Test Roster

0-6 Pixies 7-1-3-6 Stunty, Dodge, Hypnotic Gaze, Leap Ag 60K
0-12 Brownies 6-2-3-6 Stunty, Dodge Ag 40K
0-1 Treeman 2-6-1-10 Mighty Blow, Thick Skull, Stand Firm, Big Guy, Take Root, Throw Team-Mate
Rerolls:70K
Apothecary:Yes

A few comments on each of the rosters:
Nurglings' Strengths: The nastiest BGs in stunty. Good defensively (FA). Duragble (High AV and regen). Mutations.
Nurglings's Weaknesses: No pasing game (No TTM). Slow (M5). No secret weapons. Poor ball handling (AG2). Subpar dodging (AG2)
Fluffy-ness: Completely consistent with the warhammer fantasy feel of blood bowl, unlike Chaos halflings Wink

I think these guys are pretty well balanced as is. A few more test games couldn't hurt though. Let me know if you see any big issues with this team. I think it's very fluff consistent, unique and reasonably balanced.

Faeiries Strengths: Fast (M7 & 6), Mobile (Leap & Hypno), Good Ball Handling (AG3 and Hypno)
Faeries Weaknesses: Frail (AV6), Little Muscle (Lots of ST1), 1 Big Guy (with Take Root), No TTM, No Secret Weapons
Fluffy-ness: I coud use some help on this one. I believe that fairies are mentioned in the Wood Elf army book, but I no longer have my copy of it. I'm not dead set on the names of the fairy types but pretty decisive on the feel of the 2 types. For fluff reasons, I'd reject any type of quickling but I am open to other ideas. I chose pixies because they bring up images of fragile enchanting fairies and brownies because I wanted a worker fairy for my linefairies but dropped gnomes because they are associated with dwarves in the old roleplay.

These guys need some major testing as I've tweaked the roster again to try and give them an even more distinctive feel: very fragile but incredibly annoying. I hope 6 pixies makes them very frustrating to play against and giving them just 1 BG makes them easier to smash up. I'd like to see them trying some end to end plays much like elves do in open. My main concern is that hypnotic gaze is too potent if 6 guys have it but it's not likely that the pixies will last for long with their ST1 but this is why I'd like to see some major testing of these guys, otherwise I won't push too hard to get them implemented. I've got a few ideas that I could use to tweak them some more if needed:
1) Slow the pixies down to M6
2) Drop the AV of the pixies to 5.
3) Give them a weenie BG like dryads.
4) Make the brownies more unique by ???
5) Give the brownies: Right Stuff to give them a TTM game.
6) Give them 2 Treemen
7) Allow them to take more pixies

Options 1 to 3 can be used if they are too powerfull. Options 5 to 7 if they are too weak. And option 4 could be used for either but I'd need some suggestions.

Personally I'd love to give them more AV5 pixies but I'm not sure that would make for a very well balanced roster, or if people would want to play with such a roster.

Feel free to create your own teams with these rosters but I've done up some test rosters to make things easier for any testers. These teams have a high probability of making it into the leeg, even higher if there's some good playtesting done.

You'll probably want to download a modified positions.ini file otherwise you'll have trouble deciphering the players.

As Always,
Evolve To Stuntydom
 Jump to: