50 coaches online • Server time: 23:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should the Nurglings be added to the Stunty Division?
Yes, they look balanced and add something unique to stunty.
61%
 61%  [ 30 ]
No, they don't fit into stunty.
10%
 10%  [ 5 ]
Yes, I'd like to see them added but they need to be changed...
12%
 12%  [ 6 ]
I don't care, stunty is for fools!
16%
 16%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 49

EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2003 - 15:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Nurglings Revised Roster
0-2 Beasts of Nurgle 4-6-1-9 Mighty Blow, Foul Appearance, Regeneration, Really Stupid, Big Guy 110K G St PH
0-16 Nurglings 5-2-2-7 Stunty, Regeneration, Dodge, Thick Skull 50K Ag, PH
ReRolls: 70K
Apothecary: No

Nurglings Test Roster

Nurglings' Strengths: The nastiest BGs in stunty. Good defensively (FA). Duragble (High AV and regen). Mutations.
Nurglings's Weaknesses: No pasing game (No TTM). Slow (M5). No secret weapons. Poor ball handling (AG2). Subpar dodging (AG2)
Fluffy-ness: Completely consistent with the warhammer fantasy feel of blood bowl, unlike Chaos halflings
nachtmeister

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2003 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

give the little nurglings ag3 and it would be fine
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2003 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

nachtmeister wrote:
give the little nurglings ag3 and it would be fine

If "fine" means the same as "broken" then you are right indeed.

I voted "need to be changed". The Beast seems far too cheap to me.
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2003 - 15:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I think they are ballanced. Keep in mind that ALL other teams in stunty league get secret weapons as positional players these days. I test played the team and consider them to be on an equal level to snotlings.

-Mnemon
Malthor

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2003 - 16:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Nurglings should be AG3 according to many editions of WFB and 40K rules (basing this on the Intiative).

With the new 40K rules, they are also Mischievous... they get distracted and do other things, so maybe they should all be Boneheaded too for a laugh?

Sizewise, they are the same as Snotlings, so maybe they should have the Two Heads rule for extra dodginess too?

M

still disliked all round!
asperon

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2003 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, Two heads is needed, since they wont be able to dodge anything without it, and thats what stunty is about anyway. With it they can stay at AG 2, that gives a nice twist with a stunty team that have problems not only throwing the ball, but also with picking it up =). Bone Head would be cool =). 50k might be a bit much to, compared to 20k for snots or even 40k for c flings.

/asperon
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2003 - 17:15 Reply with quote Back to top

A few points:
1) They are not snotlings. I did not want to create a snotling variant list. Therefore no 2 heads, no ST1. They are unique and thus have a unique stat profile.

2) AG2 is a balance and playing style issue. They need a weakness and this is there main one. Combined with no TTM and they've got a unique playing style. They've got a guaranteed 75% first dodge, with ag 2 dodge and stunty. A very far cry from "they wont be able to dodge anything". So, they can still play the stunty dodging game... but just not as well as others.

3) As for basing stats on WHFB or 40K, BB has never been consistent with either. A treeman has a move of 6 in WHFB but 2 in BB.

4) Re: Beast price, it's taken straight from the Rotter's roster. It does appear cheap at first glance but you've got to take into account it's differences from Trolls (the reason why it appears undercosted). It doesn't get access to an apoth like the Troll does (on both Rotters and Nurglings teams) and it doesn't get TTM (which is actually a big deal in stunty (but not for Rotters).

5) I know stunty is supposed to be fun, but giving Bonehead to all the players on a team, is IMHO the antithesis of fun. Not only will they have troubles picking up the ball but throw in Bonehead rolls and you've got to have a team that I'd never even dream of playing.

6) Re: cost. Playtesting has shown that these guys are tough and 50K is definitely not too much. Comparing them to snots or c flings is completely inappropriate. These guys are the bashers of stunty and should be priced accordingly.

Evo
HunterX

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2003 - 21:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I take it back. I voted they should change, but I originally thought they were balanced. I think they're good with the 2 AG given the regeneration and other abilities. Though I'm not sure the fantasy aspect is consistent with what I heard JJ was striving for. I thought it was more 40Kish...

HunterX

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2003 - 02:46 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, they look good. at first glance, they seem like they're balanced, unlike my first look at the gnomes. but what to do about starting rosters?

2 beasts (a necessity)
10 nurglings
3 rrs
7 ff

they're going to have trouble early simply because they're quite expensive, and you cant afford rrs like the other teams. although the av7 and regen is going to help w/ player management, it took me nearly 10 games w/ my CFlings to get my roster maxxed, and they're cheaper. if i felt daring, i would drop a nurgling and 2 ff for a 4th rr. but starting 11 players in stunty, esp w/ no apoth available, seems like instant death for the team. not to mention the low ff...

i really wish i had more than 2 stunty slots, id be willing to give up some open slots for it...

slackman42
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2003 - 03:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Wish granted.

The Finishing Touch
olivers

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2003 - 13:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I think you would need at least a few AG3 nurglings for ball handling otherwise you will fumble the ball most of the time. I'd prefer AG3 to 2 heads anyway.
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2003 - 14:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that evo's proposal is intriguing and well thought out.
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2003 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

olivers - no you don't. You just have to play them differently. You don't have to throw the ball Smile.

-Mnemon
slackman

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2003 - 07:33 Reply with quote Back to top

here's the thing, we're trying to add VARIETY to the stunty league. giving them all ag3 doesnt do that. they're a stunty team, but they're bashy. that means they SHOULDNT be able to move the ball like everyone else. otherwise, they wouldnt be balanced. oh yeah, thx for the extra slots mr-klipp. how many do we get now? 5 like the others?

slackman42
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2003 - 10:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, 5. We will suffer the oppression of the larger teams no longer! We demand equal teamslots! er, I mean we now have equal team slots.

The Finishing Touch
 Jump to: