38 coaches online • Server time: 15:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Twahn

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2003 - 14:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Though I'd still like to see it with a ball and chain...

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2003 - 14:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd prefer him to be a bit more controlled than ball and chain, and I really like the bouncyness. I like this: 0-2 4 4 4 7 no hands, leap, frenzy, RSC, Big guy, OFAB but as I have said, with ofab changing it's just not going to work without gobbos having (or in this case, being) thralls.

The Finishing Touch
Spyrer

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2003 - 15:36 Reply with quote Back to top

There are already "semi-official" rules for a Goblin team with squiggs somewhere... why not find and use those??

I trully can't recall them, but I know the moved like a natic and had STR 4 and RSC. You could have 3 in a team.
Zy-Nox

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2003 - 15:43 Reply with quote Back to top

yer but those rules needed *squig herders* something we cant do here, so we would like optional ones.

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2003 - 17:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Again, WA does not bode well with ST4. It very easy for the opponent to put an ogre next to the squig. WA would make the squig the ultimate turnover-machine (in the WRONG direction!), which is not very fun. And the squig is all about fun, right? Smile

At least no WA in combination with Big Guy, which would mean no reroll of the 2-dice against (which will be frequent). So, WA or Big Guy, not both. Or raise ST.
Pardus

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2003 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Squigs sounds like a goblin cheaters roster member
Spyrer

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2003 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Why not use squigg herders and just detract that money after team creation? To simulate the herders being bought?
Anyway the team rating would not be very relevant... and I think that using those rules they could easily be a DivX team, just like the other ones from Citadel Journal
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2003 - 00:29 Reply with quote Back to top

It definitely would fit in well with the Gobbo Cheaters as their record isn't too good right now and would give them a suitable "BG".

I agree with Zynox version except a slight change:

0-2 M6 ST4 AG4 AV7 Leap, Fangs, Frenzy, No Hands, Big Guy, Pogo, OFaB G

OFaB gives it a Stunty Mayhem Feature too bad you'd have to have thrall in the gobbos name someplace. Is there a way to call them "goblin thralls" but make the "thrall" be visible? I'm thinking making the text match the background or something along those lines but that's probably too much work. Or you could give them herders but call them "Goblin Thrall Herders" Smile Or you could just let them hop into the crowd whenever they fail their OFaB roll which still would be cool.

Pogo gives it another Stunty Mayhem Feature which allows it to jump all over the place and gives it a penalty roll which fits in well wth the Cheaters team philosophy. The penalty roll is 10+ so it's not too severe a penalty for the added ability.

I also upped the Move to 6 although if you don't mind long skill lists it might be better to give it sprint and/or sure feet.

As Always,
Evolve To Stuntydom
Twahn

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2003 - 00:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I reckon that's looking pretty much right on the money! Though maybe with OFAB and Pogo, they might have trouble actually making an appearance at all...

OFAB does fit in perfectly however (as does Pogo). What flags a Thrall as being a Thrall? Could you not flag Goblins in the same way? If it's just the word 'Thrall', then you might get a way with calling them 'Goblin Thralls' I suppose... Very Happy

The easiest thing is probably just to have them duck into the crowd for some 'lily white' action (don't suppose there's any chance of changing that bit of text?Wink).

How 'bout a Squig Herder team?

0-4 Squigs MA6 ST4 AG4 AV7 Leap, Fangs, Frenzy, No Hands, Big Guy, Pogo, OFaB G
0-4 Squig Herders MA6 ST2 AG3 AV7 Poison Dagger, Stunty, Dodge G
0-16 Goblin Thralls MA6 ST2 AG3 AV7 Stunty, Dodge G

Last edited by Twahn on %b %05, %2003 - %01:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
Zy-Nox

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2003 - 01:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the pogo, i thought of this idea also while i was at work ;] and about gobbo thralls lol

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2003 - 01:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I emailed ski to ask if there was any chance he could update ofab to work on anyone with a skill called THRALL. I would imagine it would be really easy to do, but no idea if he will add it.

The Finishing Touch
Zy-Nox

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2003 - 04:28 Reply with quote Back to top

would be nice Rolling Eyes

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2003 - 04:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't like the idea of animals on the pitch.
Players shopuld be humanoid, as far as I remember that's exactly the reason why Amazons have lost the Unicorn.
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2003 - 04:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Mirascael wrote:
I don't like the idea of animals on the pitch.
Players shopuld be humanoid, as far as I remember that's exactly the reason why Amazons have lost the Unicorn.

I agree. But this is Stunty! It's about Mayhem!
And that's why I suggest it get pogo. That penalty roll reinforces the fact that animals shouldn't be on the pitch

As Always,
Evolve To Stuntydom
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2003 - 05:46 Reply with quote Back to top

EvolveToAnarchism wrote:
And that's why I suggest it get pogo. That penalty roll reinforces the fact that animals shouldn't be on the pitch

And as a nice side benefit, lets him bounce about like a mad bastard.
 Jump to: