49 coaches online • Server time: 19:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Habeli

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2005 - 07:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll test any of those races that have only few testers. I'll nake that team roster today.
Dravaal

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2005 - 17:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Unfortunately I'm moving house and have encountered an unforseen problem, as I will have very limited access to the internet for three weeks, which means I won't be able to get in as many (if any) games in as I like, although I shall do my best.
Sorry bout this, annoying that it should be so long, was originally only going to be 2 days, now 3 weeks Sad
hunter

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2005 - 01:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Due to the site disruption, playtesting has not yet begun. I will continue to accept volunteers for the league until this Saturday, April 2. On Sunday, April 3, I will determine the groups and teams, and form the round robin tourney. Note that order does not matter since this will be a non-progression tourney, so there is no need for anyone to worry about that. Smile

If you would like to join in the fun, please sign up in this thread! Just indicate which team(s) you would most like to coach. We have a great group shaping up, but more are always welcome!

Some coaches have been playtesting on the side and sending me messages with the results- keep it up! The more data we have for each team, the better. I will be compiling the results and listing them on the respective team pages. At the end of the tourney, I will ask for overall input and put together a report which will be presented from the playtesting group to the site for community feedback.

Regards,
~hunter

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2005 - 08:41 Reply with quote Back to top

/bump

Final call for volunteers! I will form the tournament on Sunday. Playtesting will begin on Monday.

For those who have already volunteered, please check your inbox soon for instructions on joining the group page. This page will centralize the tournament schedule and faciliate communication amongst the group.

Regards,
~hunter

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2005 - 09:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi there,

I have already tested some of these teams and found some few mistakes on the some rosters which should be modified i.e :

Halfling pro : Team Rating 0 instead of 100
Chimaera : TTM skill uncorrectly typed & therefor useless when playing.

Regards

Thierry
hunter

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2005 - 09:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Thierry is being humble... he has been playtesting quite a bit, and deserves a little recognition for his extra efforts- thank you very much! Very Happy

I think I fixed those problems a little while ago, but I found a couple of others that I need to get to (Sure Feet and Extra Arms on the Treemen roster are spelled wrong and don't work correctly, and I need to add the Gnoblar fluff). I have barely been home the last few days to be able to make the changes, but I should get to them this weekend. If any other problems are noted, please let me know and I'll fix them this weekend before playtesting begins.

I also need to add the notes that Thierry (and his opponents!) have been sending me. I will add these notes to the individual team pages.

Regards,
~hunter

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2005 - 10:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Q: Do I make roster my own or use roster already made?

I'll sign up as Halfling Pro coach.
hunter

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2005 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Q: Do I make roster my own or use roster already made?

The rosters are already made, and you can find them on the website. I'll put you down for Halfling Professionals!

Thanks,
~hunter

Last edited by hunter on %b %28, %2006 - %23:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
Habeli

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2005 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I made some lines for Halfling Pros

Lines that one can add to Icons

[HALFLING]

LINEMAN=halfling5.gif
TRUE PROS=chalfling1.gif
STOUTBOYS=gneng1.gif
TALLFELLOWS=gnome1.gif
HAIRFEET=gokick1.gif
KICKER=leprechaun1.gif

to halflings cause they use those Chefs and their team name has to be halfling

Also got pics, but u don't =)
wizkid

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2005 - 21:17 Reply with quote Back to top

hi, please add evos teams to the playtesting leaugue, the ideas are just great! i would also playtest one of them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yet another revamp. I thought it would be more interesting to really play up the Changer of Ways schtick. All horrors get access to mutations on normal rolls. I also changed the Chaos Spawn to something a bit more Tzeentchian and unique.

0-16 Horror 5 2 3 7 Dodge, Stunty A Ph* 40K
0-2 Screamers 8 3 2 7 Ball & Chain S Ph* 80K
Apothecary: Yes

Wizard: Yes **
Re-rolls: 50K

* Horrors and Screamers can take mutations on normal rolls. ** Horrors get a wizard for free.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to the FUMBBL community for the inspiration. I took the idea and played up the cirucs schtick.

The team is supposed to represent a travelling circus that also plays Blood Bowl. I hope it adds an exciting team that focuses on scoring TDs instead of maiming its opponents.

0-12 Acrobat 6 2 3 6 Right Stuff, Stunty, Dodge, Throw Team Mate A 40K

0-2 Juggler 5 2 3 7 Dump Off A P 50K
0-1 Freak 5 3 2 8 Really Stupid, Foul Appearance G S Ph 60K
0-1 Strongman 3 6 1 8, Thick Skull, Throw Team Mate G S 120K
Apothecary: Yes

Wizard: No
Re-rolls: 60K

----------------------------------------------------------------
sorry if i copied something wrong![/list]
celas

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2005 - 21:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe someone should ask him if it's ok for someone to use them. Ideally it would be great if he would play one of his own teams.

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2005 - 01:13 Reply with quote Back to top

wizkid wrote:
hi, please add evos teams to the playtesting leaugue, the ideas are just great! i would also playtest one of them.

At this time, the teams in the Compendium for playtesting are established... I already turned down a couple of others that were sent to me, in the interest of time (they were after the deadline, and if I keep adding teams, I will need to delay initiation of playtesting to allow more coaches to sign up). I will add more teams to the Compendium after this round of playtesting, if they are sent to me. Ideally, the creator of the team will contact me with an indication that the team is ready for inclusion, and provide me with a prototypical starting roster and a copy of the fluff. Instructions for submission can be found on the Compendium website. In lieu of the creator submitting the team, it is fine if someone receives explicit permission from the creator to submit (just make sure you mention that you have received permission).

I think that there are a few teams not currently in the Compendium which have been presented and/or discussed in the forums that show as much promise as those currently included and warrant playtesting. Hopefully some of these will be submitted to the Compendium after this first round of playtesting. Also keep in mind that you can always playtest teams on your own, and present the results to the creator.

Regards,
~hunter

Last edited by hunter on %b %28, %2006 - %23:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
wizkid

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2005 - 01:31 Reply with quote Back to top

hi if anyone wanna playtest the circus or horror team with me, just drop me a message. we can do a short funny bloodshed and put our feelings about this somewhere in the forums. rock on wizkid
Dooby

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2005 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll give your circus team a match with my circus team. That would be funny
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2005 - 21:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I have been involved in the design of the majority of the teams currently in the Stunty Leeg. I have organized and run playtesting of all the teams I've designed for Stunty Leeg. I even still have a website with my Experimental rosters.

You think that if someone was genuinely interested in improving the Stunty Leeg, that they asked for feedback and/or advice from someone who's has invested a lot of time and effort into the Leeg. Unfortunately, Hunter has chosen to not to talk to me at all about his project. That has resulted in the bizarre decision to not include 2 experiMENTAL teams that a significant number of people have expressed interest in and that were designed by someone who knows the philosophy that has guided the expansion of the Stunty Leeg and who has extensive experience in the design process.

I think this project has a lot of merit (generating playtest data for proposals). I applauded the amount of time and effort that Hunter has put into the project. But his past and present designs have shown immense ignorance of the Stunty Leeg. He's been dismissive and disrespectful towards the most experienced Stunty Leeg designer by showing zero interest in learning or receiving feedback. Thus I don't have much faith in his ability to produce something that will be consistent with the history and philosophy of the Stunty Leeg. I fear that if Hunter got his way that something that I've invested a lot of time and engergy into, would be tarnished. Thus it would be with great reservations, that I would give my "ok" to anyone who wants to use my rosters in a project headed up by Hunter.

None the less, I think a couple of good team designs have been submitted for playtesting. The designers have taken the effort to get to know the philosophy of the Stunty Leeg. They would fit in quite well with the teams that are presently in the Stunty Leeg. I hope the designers of these teams are able to get some useful data from this enterprise and aren't negatively influenced by the organizer who knows less about Stunty Leeg then they do.

I can tell you from experience that playtest data is important. Even minor playtesting can provide useful information early on in the design process. Organisation, structure, convenient rosters, websites etc. can be very helpful. But to get the most out of playtest data it requires a lot more than just brute numbers. It requires skill and experience.

At one point in time I was going to do up a post on the design philosophy that I used while designing Stunty Leeg rosters. Essentially it was that rosters should Be FUN:
  • B = Balanced. After much talk about balancing the various rosters, I was tempted to make a long post about my attitude towards balance. Essentially, it was going to boil down to is it balanced enough that people are interested in playing with it or against it.
  • F = Fluff. I've posted about it extensively, but here's a sample.
  • U = Unique. I posted a brief comment on uniqueness here. I think part of the Stunty Leeg charm is that most of the teams are quite different from each other. Each team has something that makes it unique. New team proposals should do their best not to duplicate existing teams schticks.
  • N = Novel playing style. Stunty Leeg is about silly light-hearted mayhemful fun. This combines with the "U" element to look at how the whole team comes together. A team should add something new and interesting to the Leeg while being suitably mayhemful.

I could write whole posts for each of these elements. I hope I've provided enough insight into what has guided my involvement in the expansion of the Stunty Leeg to be helpful. I know Peikko has slightly different criteria that he likes to use. But for the large part, I believe they are fairly similar. And if you follow my example, I'm certain your proposals won't look completely out of place from the existing Stunty Leeg teams.

Anyone who would like the benefit of my experience can always feel free to PM me or post in the forums (and point it out to me), and I'll do my best to provide some useful feedback. Which I hope would be useful if your roster is part of Hunter's project or not.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Kingdom of Loathing