12 coaches online • Server time: 05:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Klunker

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2022 - 07:41 Reply with quote Back to top

The first time in each half that Withergrasp is the target of a block action, he counts as having the dodge skill.
Wolbum

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2022 - 13:18 Reply with quote Back to top

The most notable are IMO

Ripper Bolgrot - A great star who has become even more great. 20k cheaper and unlike other historical stars, has only been buffed and not nerfed.

Cindy Piewhistle - More bombadiers to solidify this edition as Bomb Bowl.

Withergrasp Doubledrool - Another star needlessly nerfed from Ag3+ to Ag4+ but I think terribly underrated. With a bit of positional protection, can be an awesome safety or lineback or even a very powerful asset if utilised against the likes of Skaven or even Lizards.

Bilerot Vomitflesh - Cheap'ish and fairly good for Chaos teams who can align to Nurgle. Good as a roadblock in emergencies.

Nobbla Blackwart - I am just happy another of the classics are back. 10k cheaper at 120k with blodge, Nobbla looks good but like all chainsaw stars, will either kill himself first swing or will do great.

Scrappa Sorehead - 20k price drop to 130k. Very good for the likes of Ogres who now have a super cheap substitute to Griff under the new inducement system which will still allow them to compete in league format.

Puggy Baconbreath - Never saw much use of this guy and I think he is pretty bad personally but good to see another classic back.
Gridironman

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2022 - 08:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Discount bombers are cancer

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2022 - 10:47 Reply with quote Back to top

We need boomer ! Thank gos we got atleast cindy.

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2022 - 10:47 Reply with quote Back to top

So

Cindy Piewhistle:
Dwarf, Halfing, Human, Imperial Nobility, Norse, Old World Alliance

Bomber Dribblesnot:
Black Orc, Chaos Dwarf, Goblin, Orc, Skaven, Snotling, Underworld Denizens

Neither: Amazons, Chaos Chosen, Chaos Renegade, Dark Elf, Elven Union, High Elf, Khorne, Lizardmen, Necromantic Horror, Nurgle, Shambling Undead, Tomb Kings, Vampire, Wood Elf

Both: Ogre
MerryZ

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2022 - 12:30 Reply with quote Back to top

So take old world classic out of dworfs and put gobbo stars to underworld challenge only. Problam solved \o/

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2022 - 14:35 Reply with quote Back to top

that^

Possibly Cindy just to Thimble Cup too
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2022 - 14:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Or, we could make it a lot easier on ourselves.
Bomber: 80k.
Cindy: 75k.

Ta-da!

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2022 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Wolbum wrote:
Puggy Baconbreath - Never saw much use of this guy and I think he is pretty bad personally but good to see another classic back.

He plays for a lot more teams now from Dwarves to Ogres. Got 20k cheaper for a Str 3 Blodge player.

I think he is the cheapest none-secret Weapon star other than Akorne.

Lyracian.
Java

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2022 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, missed that. It makes Ogres the undisputed Star Player champions, bringing them on par with Cdorfs

26/51 stars play for Ogres, and CD have the same overall access but limited to 23, 24 or 25 depending on the choice of Chaos god.

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2022 - 20:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Won't the more expensive stars almost disappear with the new inducement rules. When matching by TV, the difference is usually small, maybe up to 100k most times. It doesn't make much sense for overdog to spend a lot for a star when it will just give underdog the same star for free. Underdog will just have around 100k to spend so non secret weapons stars will rarely be seen anymore.

Low cost linemen teams have up to around 150k extra to spend so they might sometimes be able to take a star like Ripper Bolgrot.

For Ogres I guess it will be something like this. Overdog takes Bomber/Cindy to cancel that star and use up a star player slot. Ogres will take same star for free and take the other bomber and in the best case a wizard.
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2022 - 20:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Expensive stars shouldn't be seen in many Scheduler games in [C], no
But they still have their place in tournaments, leagues etc
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2022 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Blackbox, no, but someone might still accept a [C] game from a low TV stunty team. Occasionally.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2022 - 17:15 Reply with quote Back to top

The main place where I use expensive Star Players is when I've got a new team in an established league. I mostly play Humans and Orcs, so the re-introduction of Ripper is huge to me, first because he's great on Orcs, second is that he's even better against Humans.

I'm just waiting for the opportunity to make all those crazy chainpushes. Throw in the 1-die reroll, try to keep an assist on his block just like he was ST3, and it's like having two dice with no Loner, when you don't care about the reroll. Also, just having ST6 and AV10+ can be seriously problematic when he's supported by a bunch of Orcs.

You can't even pray that the big boy goes stupid, cuz he won't, so you gotta actually go around or through. Easy enough for some elves and skaven, but if your dodgy guys are AG3 and you had better skills to take than Dauntless, this could be a draaaaag. And there's usually better skills to take than Dauntless. That's one reason why random skills are so good, because it's a legit excuse to take the non-awful skills that never really float to the top.