39 coaches online • Server time: 12:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Speccing and Playing...goto Post Southern Wastes Leag...goto Post Theory-craft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post 10 Posted: Mar 31, 2023 - 00:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I quit, iam done...to many nerfs.

Shocked

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2023 - 01:03 Reply with quote Back to top

MrCushtie wrote:
Why do we think that Chainsaw can't be used for the blitz in a Blitz kick off?

You didn't quote the part in Chainsaw where it says it can be used "once per turn". It does leave open the possibility that the Blitz kick off event is a turn, just not a team turn... or it could be a series of activation of players outside any turn.

But I believe there will be new errata/FAQ in May, and I know the question was submitted. (But I encourage folks to ALSO ask the question, because hopefully more folks asking will increase the desire for them to answer it.)

JuggerGonzo

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2023 - 01:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm very much with Matt in this one. From one side is overnerf, from the other, unnecessary over complication of rules. Having coach stuff involved actually is very good idea as well, as cheerleaders and coach stuff was hardly used in the past, now after nerf, as there is D6 roll instead of D3, is like never, maybe except free 20k in petty cash.
MrCushtie

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2023 - 02:34 Reply with quote Back to top

razmus wrote:

You didn't quote the part in Chainsaw where it says it can be used "once per turn".

Missed that, thanks. I still think RAI on this it should be available, because the clarification is "(i.e., a Chainsaw cannot be used with Frenzy or Multiple Block)"; the issue is whether "can only be used once per turn" means you can't use it more than once in a turn, or if it can only be used in turns and not Blitzes. The ambiguity of the English language is a wonderful thing. If a sign says you can only park your car outside the swimming pool for one hour every weekday, does that mean you're prohibited from parking there on Saturdays?

And that gives hope to JuggerGonzo, perhaps. The rules of BB aren't written in stone - they adjusted Bombardier from the rulebook to the first FAQ to stop it causing turnovers on failures, and they unnerfed TTM grenades, so things aren't totally immutable. What is for certain is that if you don't ask bloodbowlfaq@gwplc.com, you don't get.

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2023 - 02:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Of all the changes to BB2020, the Blitz nerf of skills is very very confusing. I see Dodge for example as an intrinsic physical characteristic of the player... he is good at dodging. Why does he become more clumsy in this "half turn" or "shadow turn" that is the Blitz! event?

Defensive players who are hit in a Blitz during a BLITZ! event are allowed to use dodge, but technically their TURN hasn't started yet...

All very confusing.

The nerf of d3+3 players is fine and proper... the rest of it is just GW trying to be too clever with their key word rules lawyering
MerryZ

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2023 - 07:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Reason why you cant use chainsaw in blitz is because its special action (that is used instead of block).

It states on blitz kickoff that you can only move, blitz (and just blitz, also cant block if pushed into contact) and use TTM special action.
Its not extra turn therefore, just extra moves.

Also block is not used on team turn like dodge, surefeet, pro or other similar skills.

Not that hard, confusing or illogical

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2023 - 08:16 Reply with quote Back to top

MerryZ wrote:
Reason why you cant use chainsaw in blitz is because its special action (that is used instead of block).

Nope.

From the definition of a blitz in the rulebook (emphasising in bold), that's "a single Standing or Prone player on the active team may be activated to perform a Blitz action; an action that allow the player to combine a Move action and a Block action. When a player Blitzes, they may move as normal. In addition, they may perform a Block action (or a Special action granted by a Skill or Trait that can be performed instead of a Block action)"

Sure, you can't activate a Ball & Chain, or a Bombardier, because those are special actions that can't be part of a blitz, but there's nothing in the blitz [action] definition which prevents chainsaws being used. What may prevent them (and I believe it needs FAQing) is whether because Chainsaws can't be used more than once in a turn implies they can't be used during a kick off event or not.

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2023 - 11:55 Reply with quote Back to top

As an aside, another bad change of the Kick-Off table was shifting "Changing Weather" event from 7 to 8.
It seems minor, but if a gamebreaking weather such as Sweltering Heat happens, it will be less likely that it will change. Also, makes Cheerleaders less likely to have an impact than A.Coaches (because Brilliant Coaching is 7, while Cheering Fans is 6, thus less likely to be rolled).

About the Chainsaw: personally, I think you should be able to use it (not as rule interpretation, just my own opinion).
A reason for it could not be allowed is that starting a Chainsaw requires time and the Blitz! event is supposed to be a sudden, very quick action performed by the players.
So, there could be a fluffy explanation for not being able to use the Chainsaw, maybe they were thinking of that.
Not wanting to defend GW designers, just trying to be intellectually honest.
moph

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2023 - 13:04 Reply with quote Back to top

The Fact that there are situations where you can move Players and Blitz without activating them is bad game design.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2023 - 02:50 Reply with quote Back to top

MerryZ wrote:

Also block is not used on team turn like dodge, surefeet, pro or other similar skills.

You contradict yourself. Block IS used on a BLITZ when it isnt your turn and also why is Dodge not used for the BLITZ team but is used when it is NOT your turn.

The game designers seem to say that there is two states of play - your turn and your opponents turn and then make arbitary use of key words "in your turn you may..." and yet allow some skills to be used in your opponent turns and not in this "shadow turn" of BLITZ.
JuggerGonzo

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2023 - 03:59 Reply with quote Back to top

What about dump off? And use of skills like Pass&Accurate etc?
MerryZ

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2023 - 08:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw, stab and vomit are all special actions, not blitz (or block) actions.

None of those can be done on blitz kickoff. Only actions you are allowed are move, blitz and TTM

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2023 - 08:07 Reply with quote Back to top

ClayInfinity wrote:
MerryZ wrote:

You contradict yourself. Block IS used on a BLITZ when it isnt your turn and also why is Dodge not used for the BLITZ team but is used when it is NOT your turn.

The game designers seem to say that there is two states of play - your turn and your opponents turn and then make arbitary use of key words "in your turn you may..." and yet allow some skills to be used in your opponent turns and not in this "shadow turn" of BLITZ.

Losing passive dodge and block when blocked would mean you lost your tackkezones. You dont lose tacklezones in blitz kickoff

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2023 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

MerryZ wrote:
ClayInfinity wrote:
MerryZ wrote:

Losing passive dodge and block when blocked would mean you lost your tackkezones. You dont lose tacklezones in blitz kickoff

But you do lose dodge on offense... this is the biggest issue I have with blitz. I can accept no RR's. I get the special actions cant be used... but I just for the life of me dont understand how a fundamental skill like dodge doesnt work.

If you do get under the ball, you get to use Catch on the catch roll... even though its not your turn?
Mr_Suplex

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2023 - 21:47 Reply with quote Back to top

MerryZ wrote:
Chainsaw, stab and vomit are all special actions, not blitz (or block) actions.

None of those can be done on blitz kickoff. Only actions you are allowed are move, blitz and TTM

I joined just to comment on this specifically because I do not understand the logic of Stab, Chainsaw, and Projectile Vomit being disallowed on a Blitz Kickoff event.

The Blitz kickoff event does not say that the Blitz action is modified in any way or that Special Actions are not allowed. A player with Chainsaw, Stab, or Projectile Vomit may use these skills in a normal Blitz action to replace the Block portion of the action. So these should be allowed since no stipulation is placed on them not being allowed.

By your logic a normal Block during a Blitz action on a Blitz Kickoff event should also not work.

I've seen the argument that the language stating "there is no limit to how many players with this Trait may perform this Special Action each team turn" is the reason these special skills get disqualified, but that is almost word for word the same language used for the Block action description in the rulebook, so I don't think that argument holds up either.

So really trying to understand the rules logic as to why these things cannot be used in a Blitz kickoff event. So far I'm struggling to see it.
 Jump to: