43 coaches online • Server time: 23:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
koadah

Post   Posted: May 17, 2023 - 16:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Rawlf wrote:
Or you know what you are doing. Smallmaning works much better in box than in open. But you know that.

Not so specifically targeted against newer or weaker coaches.

Post   Posted: May 17, 2023 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Seems a fairly irrelevant comment then koadah
I know you're always trying to sidetrack threads into promoting [L], which can be tiresome but yea fine.
But - you don't need to try and discredit other divisions to do it please

If the rankings were split then we'd effectively be splitting [C] back into [R] and [B], and they were merged for a reason

Last edited by Sp00keh on %b %17, %2023 - %17:%May; edited 1 time in total
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: May 17, 2023 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Rawlf wrote:
Or you know what you are doing. Smallmaning works much better in box than in open. But you know that.

Not so specifically targeted against newer or weaker coaches.

Against newer coaches, yes, you can minmax harder now than ever before and people who don't have big teams will run into your buzzsaw frequently, while good coaches will zoom up out of your range and let you have your yummy noobs. On the plus side, minmax is less killy now than before, even if the "min" side of the equation is minnier than ever with half price skills.

Post   Posted: May 17, 2023 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Sp00keh wrote:
Seems a fairly irrelevant comment then koadah
I know you're always trying to sidetrack threads into promoting [L], which can be tiresome but yea fine.
But - you don't need to try and discredit other divisions to do it please

If the rankings were split then we'd effectively be splitting [C] back into [R] and [B], and they were merged for a reason

I don't know what your problem is. The rankings are already split. Have you looked at the page?

Post   Posted: May 17, 2023 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

DoctorMidnight wrote:
Anyway, I find it quite punishing.

For example, my last game, VS Jinamero82
https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=4430822

I won 1-0.
I got +9 (cool!), and my opponent lost... 17 points. A tough drop, despite our quite close CRs (1748 vs 1787).

Imagine a loss (or even a draw) against a vet' - hours of victories in the Box destroyed in one single devastating game...

The Glicko-2 system mitigate the CR lost PROVIDED you have a relatively low RD' (in other word: you must play often in Competitive to lose less CR)

Probably Jinamero82 lost so much CR because he had relatively high RD' before playing this game with you?
Would be interesting to know the RD' value of Janimero82 just before the match you have posted. Maybe he was not playing since a time and this inflate the RD'.

if you play relatively often (let's say at least 2-3 times per week) usually RD' is around 50-60 and if you lose vs a Coach with similar CR you should not lose more than 5 or 10 points

eg Malmir vs Elyod
https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=4451731 : only 7 point CR lost by Malmir (he had lower CR that Elyod but was overdog )

MattDakka vs Minor_G
https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=4455313
(a CR difference of more than 400!! and MattDakka lost, but as MattDakka is I think the player who play more often in the community - and win very often in the Box - he has RD' which is stabilized around 50-56 and so for this terrible lost vs a coach much less stronger than him he suffered a CR drop of.... only 10 points. Not a tragedy.

So in Competitive: play often and you will lose less CR. Play seldom and you will lose more. Play never and you will lose CR because the deflating)

https://fumbbl.com/note/christer/CR
https://fumbbl.com/p/blog&c=Christer&id=24402

and I like very much this system btw.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 17, 2023 - 18:19 Reply with quote Back to top

As I said elsewhere, I like Glicko 2 as well. It seems to me to discourage more picking on GF than old system, by what I can guess checking the rankings.
You know me, the fact I like it tells a lot... Razz
With Glicko 2 the odd dicing is less punishing and yes, as long as you play quite often, the odd dicing will not cost you lots of CR points.
You can trust me about that, as CR-obsessed coach.Razz

P.S. I blame the underpriced Wizard for that loss!
<shaking fist> Razz

#badrules #blametherules #sounfair
 Jump to: