45 coaches online • Server time: 11:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Streaming live your match on TwitchTV personal channel....
Hey! Wait ! My opponent should ask mine consent!
30%
 30%  [ 45 ]
Yes! I want to be an Internet Movie MegaStar! And pay me royalties!
13%
 13%  [ 20 ]
GASP! Shocked! I will leave FUMBBL and internet and I will recover in an old Monastery
2%
 2%  [ 4 ]
TwitchTV? what is TV? What is Internet? I know only www.fumbbl.com
7%
 7%  [ 11 ]
I think it can be done or not, it does not hurt me at all...
38%
 38%  [ 58 ]
Will trow a pie in face of .... (you chose the coach-name ;-) !!!
7%
 7%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 149

Verminardo

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2023 - 10:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
Not the first time I’ve considered an OnlyFans. Wink

You might wanna contemplate a new nickname though, in context. Laughing
mistermurphy

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2023 - 14:58 Reply with quote Back to top

remetagross wrote:
I'd find it unnerving to know what I'm doing is being recorded, all the more so without my consent. I know, FUMBBL people can already watch my games, but they're somewhat vetted by the website, given they have an account.

I'm asking at the beginning of my game if my opponent is streaming me, and if yes, I'll ask to get the link. Not to cheat on them, but so I can take a look afterwards.

The requirements for having an account on Fumbbl, and that of having an account on Twitch, are basically the same. There's no 'vetting' that happens. Both sites are dipping in to the same pool of internet weirdoes and borderline obsessive personalities.

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2023 - 20:28 Reply with quote Back to top

In the words of Jim 'Don't watch the vod'

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2023 - 09:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I watched once a stream, the twitcher got laughed and booed by the fumbbl audience. Then twitcher started to vent and mute (!) specs. Some users then tried to send a swat team to their home.

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2023 - 09:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I remember that! It was the same guy who was really rude to his opponent in a game I watched the other day.
Garion26

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2023 - 12:24 Reply with quote Back to top

mekutata wrote:
I watched once a stream . . . Some users then tried to send a swat team to their home.

Sorry WTF? Shaking my head
spelledaren

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2023 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Eeh what?

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2023 - 21:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't see why it would be any different than having people spectate my game within the client. A head's up would be nice, if only to keep me from making Your Mom jokes in chat.

(I would still make Your Mom jokes if the situation even remotely calls for it.)
RDaneel

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2023 - 00:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I suggest you to watch this podcast
https://fumbbl.com/p/blog&c=PurpleChest&id=24654
Yesterday they discussed about streaming too (somewhere after 1hour from the start...).

Unfortunately, it is difficult for a non-native English speaker to understand everything (unfortunately there is no closed captioning , from what I understood on TwitchTV you have to enable closed captioning and that is something the person administering the channel has to do).

Anyway very interesting discussion points... deserved to be watched.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2023 - 09:15 Reply with quote Back to top

RDaneel wrote:
(somewhere after 1hour from the start...)

More like 1h45 on the YouTube actually. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5Rk--wiJac
RDaneel

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2023 - 10:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Verminardo wrote:
RDaneel wrote:
(somewhere after 1hour from the start...)

More like 1h45 on the YouTube actually. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5Rk--wiJac

thank you a lot for the youtube link!
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2023 - 15:27
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

thanks a lot to both of you.

One World , One Blood Bowl is a live chat show and twitch stream which then also goes out as a youtube VOD, is converted into a twitch Highlight VOD and a podcast.

https://www.twitch.tv/purplechest/videos

https://www.youtube.com/@PurpleChest/featured

https://spotifyanchor-web.app.link/e/7qmoXB8nYAb

As a Twitch Streamer myself i cannot claim to be neutral, but i tried to do what I'd normally do, talk to the coaches i invited on about all aspects of the experience. Of course you can just fast forward to the bit you feel is 'about you', about streaming and how they feel about it, but the entire show was about how the three of them feel playing on FUMBBL and streaming as they do.

I am sorry i dont set my channel up with captioning, maybe it is something i should consider. OF the three the twitch highlight is the only one currently carrying the chat from the night in the channel, if that interests you. i could have it also on screen during the show, and hence it would be the for the youtube, but it does make the screen messy and tend to distract.

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2023 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:
As a Twitch Streamer myself i cannot claim to be neutral, but i tried to do what I'd normally do, talk to the coaches i invited on about all aspects of the experience. Of course you can just fast forward to the bit you feel is 'about you', about streaming and how they feel about it, but the entire show was about how the three of them feel playing on FUMBBL and streaming as they do.

Mate, he said nothing about the content of the stream other than it was a very interesting discussion and that it deserved to be watched.

Verminardo pointed out the timestamp about the discussion that has been ongoing in this thread.
Ridik700

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2023 - 09:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure who are worse; the people that consider themselves blood bowl celebrities with their twitch and youtube channels or the people that fawn on their streams.
dentface

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2023 - 11:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Each to his own, live and let live.

If streaming is a way of increasing the interest in the game then that might bring in more players I'm assuming everyone would agree that more players is a good thing, but it is an assumption... A library of streams can be a valuable learning tools for people as well.

On the otherhand streamers don't have any content without an opponent, so I think to ensure the relationship remains symbiosis, streamers should acknowledge the stream to their in game opponent, and not totally ignore them if the opponent is chatting or trying to connect (which I have seen a couple of times). To stretch that to an extreme people who might get easily offended about loosing might not consent to having their loss published.
 Jump to: