87 coaches online • Server time: 22:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post 1150 - OWA TT Tourna...goto Post SWL Season 100!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Ranzimus

Post   Posted: May 01, 2024 - 15:12 Reply with quote Back to top

my win rate is very mediocre but it is improving, thanks to Gnomes Smile

Post   Posted: May 01, 2024 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Congratulations?
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 01, 2024 - 16:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Ranzimus wrote:
my win rate is very mediocre but it is improving, thanks to Gnomes Smile

Well, then they are not trash, but useful!
Or useful trash, at least.
ShadowManes

Post   Posted: May 01, 2024 - 20:16 Reply with quote Back to top

It's time to come in contact with some grass lol. You're really stuck on hating on gnomes

Post   Posted: May 02, 2024 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I feel it is still very early days with Gnomes. I think there are quite different ways to play and develop them.
Ranzimus

Post   Posted: May 03, 2024 - 02:23 Reply with quote Back to top

ShadowManes wrote:
It's time to come in contact with some grass lol. You're really stuck on hating on gnomes

I hate that they exist because GW thinks BB players don't matter, so they mock us with a supremely stupid and stupid-looking, team. Quietly tolerating gnomes, encourages GW to do even wore next time: more animals and freaking cutimals. ><

Post   Posted: May 03, 2024 - 10:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok well it's great work you're doing, ranting online, GW is sure to listen and change their ways, good job
Jan-Erik

Post   Posted: May 03, 2024 - 11:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I only play with my extremely serious sports frogs irl. Hate these unserious garden gnomes.
Cathaidan

Post   Posted: May 03, 2024 - 15:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, yes, the famous, "I hate this thing so I am going to increase its number of games played so that people checking stats know people like them...." Let us know how that works out for you!
DauntlessFling

Post   Posted: May 04, 2024 - 02:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Sp00keh wrote:
Ok well it's great work you're doing, ranting online, GW is sure to listen and change their ways, good job

well gw better check the forums to find out why ppl aint flocking in droves to buy the gnomes. If only they would have made a different big guy for them, instead of more treemans. been cool if the big guy was the trickster guy.
RDaneel

Post 5 Posted: May 12, 2024 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Has anyone changed their opinion about the effectiveness of Gnomes?
I remember the snide comments by some very experienced Coache who define them pure garbage, and even I have to be honest I didn't see their effectiveness in tournaments like Trophy (while in some Leaugues with inducements/skills maybe they could have a say). I still did not dare to play one game with this race,

yet....

I watched the first 5 games played by Elyod in Trophy
https://fumbbl.com/t/1177218
and...
eh beh...
Chapeau.

What did you think?

Post   Posted: May 12, 2024 - 17:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Eh, first game is against a coach with lower CR tier who is playing flings. Not what id call a game that shows the quality of gnomes.
Second game, same thing.
Third game, against a coach two tiers lower, so even if they were amazons, hard to say much about the gnome roster.
Fourth game, if the tomb kings fail a pickup, gnomes are better positioned to take advantage than many teams. Bad matchup, but at least tells us gnomes might have a niche?
Fifth game, against humans. This is the only match out of the 5 that is suggestive of anything in my eyes, but its only one match.

If you want to make any statements about the roster, come back with 50 games against what i call tier 1 rosters in my roster tier post, where the coaches are evenly matched in CR tier.

Otherwise, you're just showing elyod is good, and dice happen. Neither of which have anything to do with gnomes.
koadah

Post   Posted: May 12, 2024 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Gnomes FTW!

Post   Posted: May 12, 2024 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
Eh, first game is against a coach with lower CR tier who is playing flings. Not what id call a game that shows the quality of gnomes.
Second game, same thing.
Third game, against a coach two tiers lower, so even if they were amazons, hard to say much about the gnome roster.
Fourth game, if the tomb kings fail a pickup, gnomes are better positioned to take advantage than many teams. Bad matchup, but at least tells us gnomes might have a niche?
Fifth game, against humans. This is the only match out of the 5 that is suggestive of anything in my eyes, but its only one match.

I am not convinced by your explanation. I, on the other hand, think that Elyod has found an effective way to use low-TV Gnomes. Surely complicit is the fact that his opponents underestimated both the coach and the race and played in a way I must say that was not very shrewd.

That said where I agree with you is that we need to wait maybe 6 months to have a decent overall stats for example compared to teams like Goblin, Ogre and Halfling (who in the Trophy have been downgraded to Tiers6 while the Gnomes are Tier4 next to the Wood elf ... maybe too much?) ...

Post   Posted: May 12, 2024 - 18:24 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Gnomes FTW!

+1
great job Koadah!!