48 coaches online • Server time: 20:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
RDaneel

Post   Posted: May 06, 2023 - 21:42 Reply with quote Back to top

you are right, it work only on accurate pass
so the Divin Catch will be downgraded to useless skill not to keep even if random obtained
Nelphine

Post   Posted: May 06, 2023 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

super good on human catchers though (since human throwers have PA 2+ and pass, if the catchers have catch 2+ and catch, its actually better than a hand off)
RDaneel

Post   Posted: May 07, 2023 - 00:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Impressed by the first four BT8 matches by Happygrue with these goblin
https://fumbbl.com/p/team?op=view&showmatches=1&team_id=1124008

I have seen everything: Troll dodges by 6, during 4 matches i think Troll tried 3 times to reroll Loner3+ succesfully . But a part these colourful aspects the interesting points are

- no Bomma (Q.E.D): 2 SW players are sufficient (as already remarked in this thread) Bomma probably is the worst SW player can be not hired)

- dodge dodge dodge ... I counted: (50+43+38+33)/4 dodges in average 41 dodges per match (till you do not meet spam tackled teams the succesfull rate is 2/3 and not always you go KO)

- interesting usage of Pogoer , MA7... and Pogo Stick to rush and escape: stack Spps to search MA8(*) I underestimated (useless vs Elf but I think Goblin vs Elf is the worst matchup after Dwarf).

- roster of 14 players , 3 RR no Apo is not so scary, even if you have 6 BH/SI at the end of the match (which happen vs bash team) they can be nasty

- Troll must be used , and no fear of really stupid.

- Fanatic immediatly in the field fromt the 1st offensive drive (this is something surprised me, but I have to admit he can be usefull to be a corner of a cage or to make a mess in the central pitch even if he break dance a little) Very Happy

At the end
A win rate of 75% in the first Box match (and also with a victory, little bit lucky I have to admit , vs Malmir) is very good scoring

Bomma.. I have a news for you: you are fired. Razz

(*) the more the Trophy will advance the more will be difficult to keep safe this player w/o Apo. It already suffered a SI - MNG, but if he suffer a whatever MA/ST/AG/AV downgrade it has to be throw away... let's see if HappyGrue could keep his good scoring

Last remark:
They informed me that in case the team gets massacred there is the possibility of entering them in Brawls tournaments. This is not against the Trophy rules and is a way to rest a team from the Trophy if they go too short. Now it is also clear to me why teams playing Trophy can also participate in competitive tournaments
RDaneel

Post   Posted: May 07, 2023 - 00:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Btw... very lucky with the random skill:
Side Step
Diving Tackle

Strip ball random general is objectively ugly, with 195k of treasure I would have thrown it away and hired a new fresh one. 10k bloat
Nelphine

Post   Posted: May 07, 2023 - 03:06 Reply with quote Back to top

strip ball is amazing on a (non ball carrier) stunty. get wrestle, and on a 3+, you can do a -2d on any ball carrier with a high chance of taking the ball away. obviously sure hands/safe pair of hands is a problem, but you should cause enough chaos that primary ball carriers won't always have the ball, and then it's gold
Endrophil

Post   Posted: May 07, 2023 - 10:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I am a Bomma fan!
RDaneel

Post   Posted: May 07, 2023 - 13:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Me too I like to have the possibility in extreme cases to roll a 6 and with a long pass kill the ball keeper in etreme cases... but Goblin have also the possibility to use "bio-bomb" with their troll launching some team mate
The problem of Bomma is what Java told: highly unreliable, with 4+ for a quick pass is a re-roll consumer and maybe he can remove 1 or max 2 player within one drive before being killed. Very slow to progress in term of Spps i was never able to have him accessing a skill within the first 5-6 matches.
I have still to use as my team now is destroyed w/o a troll next match will be amazing but once I will return in a pseudo "normal" mode i will try firing him and hire a Pogoer remaining with 3 RR , no APo . let's see...
Endrophil

Post   Posted: May 07, 2023 - 19:59 Reply with quote Back to top

You do not need accurate Passes...
RDaneel

Post   Posted: May 07, 2023 - 20:56 Reply with quote Back to top

launching the bomb at 4+ is painful, every two ball throws you miss one, and or you reroll or you risk to have it falling wherever (and with widely inacurate is REALLY wherever)...
so at the end I've fired Bomma... and hired a Pogoer. But the team is totally unbalanced, Pogoer 0 SPPs , only 1 skill and -MA for the 'Ooligan (miss money to hire another). Next match will be 875 TV , 13 player and a missing Troll. Let's hope well!
MrCushtie

Post   Posted: May 08, 2023 - 21:33 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=1124097

I guess it may be hard to get a match with an 870 TV team. That said, with the Ooligan out you might be able to try out a Sneaky Git merc Ooligan (or you just have to accept a super hard match until you get troll #2 back)

Post   Posted: May 08, 2023 - 22:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I m waiting my troll back since a while… it seems they don’t want to play together 🤣
RDaneel

Post   Posted: May 08, 2023 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

And btw Ooligan is not out is in with half leg (MA5): is on the way to follow Bomma Wink
MrCushtie

Post   Posted: May 10, 2023 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd sack the ooligan now and merc up with a Sneaky Git one in the next match if you can get one through inducements - it's not like you'd lose any SPP on him

Post   Posted: May 10, 2023 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

MrCushtie wrote:
I'd sack the ooligan now and merc up with a Sneaky Git one in the next match if you can get one through inducements - it's not like you'd lose any SPP on him

good suggestion… i was thinking about it …
thx!
 Jump to: