29 coaches online • Server time: 12:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post killing by fun?goto Post Pact/Renegades metagoto Post custom pitch per tea...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 10, 2023 - 17:13 Reply with quote Back to top

moph wrote:

You could even argue that it is bad game design to allow fouls with "no technical advantage". You also could argue that it is not worth whining about a legal action that destroys your team in a game called BLOOD bowl.

Allowing fouls without technical advantage sounds ok in terms of game design, it's Blood Bowl, not Fair Play Bowl.
What I think is bad design aspect of fouling, as it is, is the lack of a tighter correlation between damage dealt and ejection chance (stunning should not get the fouler easily ejected, while killing should), and lack of increasing chance to be spotted, like IGMEOY in LRB4.
Jan-Erik

Post   Posted: May 10, 2023 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I find it extremely offensive if a coach doesn't foul t16.
RDaneel

Post 18 Posted: May 10, 2023 - 22:49 Reply with quote Back to top

if you will ever meet a player with SH, +MA + MA , BLODGE, SIDESTEP , BREACK TACKLE, and with maybe one more stat in the Box or in a tournament
and you have a chance to foul him in turn 16 OF COURSE you MUST do .

it is like a “manual” season-redraft to remove an “illegal” ( Wink Wink Wink Wink ) player from the circuit!
Waiting4Mish

Post   Posted: May 10, 2023 - 23:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I think this comes down to, did they do it because they are a bad sport?
And the answer, unfortunately, is often yes. Given the limited information here I'd bet that's what happened in the example given.

I've been fouled a number of times on turn 16 by people who could have tried to gain spp by blocking or throwing or could have scored a consolation and didn't. They spent the whole game moaning and then fouled like a spiteful little child. It's usually the people who seem to think no one could possibly score against them without it being incredibly lucky but simultaneously don't think luck affects when they score.

Some people justify the foul by a number of means and if they genuinely feel that way and that is their reasoning then fine. But let's not pretend that people don't foul on turn 16 because they are bad losers or even bad winners. It's not about it being legal. It's just that some people decide to try and make things needlessly worse when it is of no advantage to them. And it's perfectly "legal" for the other coach to call them out for it.

It's like asking is it OK to tell another coach you're absolutely hammering them when you are 3-0 up in the first half? There's no rules against it but that doesn't mean you should.
PainState

Post   Posted: May 10, 2023 - 23:59 Reply with quote Back to top

What in da Hell is going on in this thread?

Did i Just get time warped back to BB2016?

You are down 2-1 and you receive the kick off on the last turn of the game...HELL YES YOU FOUL!

Oh come on....in that scenario your best player is manning the LOS?

heck no...it is a bunch of rookies, 3 of them, shivering in their boots as the rest of the team is on the back line allready cracking open beers in celebration.

What ever man...this is Blood Bowl

Post   Posted: May 11, 2023 - 00:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe it is very clever game design by Jervis Johnson to give the bad losers a way to get their steam of inside the game. And then the winner suddenly becomes the bad loser by not liking it.
Just an idea to think about. Not sure myself and very meta i admit.
PainState

Post   Posted: May 11, 2023 - 00:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Iam more offended if the guy manages 3 blocks a turn (48 block) with MB than a coach who strives to hit me with 16 SG/DP shots
Why am I offended? Because I can avoid the MB shots and in the above example, failed to do.

But the idea itself.

Fouling is some how a noob move, a cheat.

Some rosters though thirve on the DP boot the head. All teams though gain a large benefit from a DP.

WHy again are we offended?

Post   Posted: May 11, 2023 - 00:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Do your recall the days of the Necro team and the wolves did not have regen?

It was a very common explosion of passion during League play that teams would target the wolves on T16 and DP them.

just a history lesson

Post   Posted: May 11, 2023 - 00:10 Reply with quote Back to top

If the person is a bad sport then they're a bad sport. T16 or not.

If you re so worried about hurting the other person's feelings the don't throw blocks "after
the game is over" either.

If the coach is an arse'ole, not T16ing is not going to make him less of an arse'ole.

Enjoy the T16. Whether you give it or whether you take it. Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: May 11, 2023 - 00:14 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Do your recall the days of the Necro team and the wolves did not have regen?

It was a very common explosion of passion during League play that teams would target the wolves on T16 and DP them.

just a history lesson

What? Do you mean back when DP was real DP.

Post   Posted: May 11, 2023 - 08:37 Reply with quote Back to top

If your opponent is taking their turn 16 after you are, it can also be worth fouling with one of your good players in hopes that they are sent-off (and thus safe from an opposing player's blitz/foul).
panalukidis

Post   Posted: May 11, 2023 - 09:53 Reply with quote Back to top

as a stunty only player, my opponent should consider a T16 foul like a badge of honour, maybe even add it to his bio
Seventyone

Post   Posted: May 11, 2023 - 09:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Well done for resurrecting one of the oldest threads on Fumbbl. Also well done to the person who used "it's BLOOD bowl" as a justification. Please can we bring back the "how to be a right bastard thread" next?

Post   Posted: May 11, 2023 - 11:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I hated T16 fouls initially, and now expect them to happen and I'm usually not too bothered anymore.

Sometimes it's clearly out of spite, which can be annoying but also a reminder of how not to do it. Sometimes it's in character and its fine. I usually don't for the reasons JanMattys provides, but with exceptions. Did you just expose a blitzer trying to get some easy SPP and hoping not to get fouled in return? Even worse, using Piling On (quite hypothetical, I know). Do you have one of those stat freaks that give an unfair advantage in the Box? Did you behave poorly all game in chat, or by running over the clock, or were you simply fouling all game long? Then I just might put the boot in.

The only T16 fouls that annoy me are those out of spite and I've simply learned to brush them off. Can't be helped.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 11, 2023 - 11:13 Reply with quote Back to top

RDaneel wrote:
if you will ever meet a player with SH, +MA + MA , BLODGE, SIDESTEP , BREACK TACKLE, and with maybe one more stat in the Box or in a tournament

It's "Break Tackle" (without the "c" before the "k") and it's impossible to have one more stat on such a player, because the skill slots are 6.

About fouls: often on T16 the best players are kept safe and away from fouls, so the T16 fouling is more a matter of principle. I try to place on LOS fodder players, so if they get fouled on T16 they will not be a great loss. In case of a T16 where you tried something with your Legend player (for example, sacking the ball) the possibility of a foul (<-- edit) makes that a risk/reward action you have to think about.
Without T16 foul there would be less thrilling. One of the things I like about (<-- edit) BB is that your hero players can die. One of the best BB memories I have is fouling and killing a CPOMB Chaos Warrior who bothered me all game with a HE Lineman. Super satisfying, especially considering that the opponent was really pissed off.

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %11, %2023 - %15:%May; edited 3 times in total
 Jump to: