35 coaches online • Server time: 15:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Chrisdekok

Post   Posted: May 13, 2023 - 11:33 Reply with quote Back to top

In my opinion T16 fouling is a sign of respect.
Not fouling on T16 is usually an act of pity for an already defeated opponent that didn't put up much of a fight. Sometimes it can be an act of disgust when the opponent is abusive in the chat.

I respect that not everyone share this opinion.
When I started playing here on FUMBBL I was angry when fouled on T16 but then I came to appreciate it.

I don't think T16 fouling should be compared with timeout without warning which is bad behaviour.

And there is the case when the T16 foul has value in itself for example when competing in ToB or trying to set foul records, then it might not always be a sign of respect 🙂
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 13, 2023 - 12:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, if you bothered to watch that match, I tried to sack the ball carrier till last turn (I watched the replay because I didn't remember it well). I didn't give up easily. Could have been a tie hadn't the AG 4 Goblin been eaten by the Troll at end of Half 1.
Yes, Norse, Dwarfs and Chaos Dwarfs are terrible match-ups.
The fact is that when I play Goblins I'm already doing a favour to my opponent, no need to waste time. I didn't say it's not legal, just that the frustration of playing Goblins is enough for my patience, without adding time waste on top of that.
Of course my opponent is fully entitled to use 4 minutes per turn, and I'm fully entitled not to play Goblins anymore.

edit. I replied to a post which disappeared. My post seems weird now.
Waiting4Mish

Post   Posted: May 13, 2023 - 14:46 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Also, if you bothered to watch that match, I tried to sack the ball carrier till last turn (I watched the replay because I didn't remember it well). I didn't give up easily. Could have been a tie hadn't the AG 4 Goblin been eaten by the Troll at end of Half 1.
Yes, Norse, Dwarfs and Chaos Dwarfs are terrible match-ups.
The fact is that when I play Goblins I'm already doing a favour to my opponent, no need to waste time. I didn't say it's not legal, just that the frustration of playing Goblins is enough for my patience, without adding time waste on top of that.
Of course my opponent is fully entitled to use 4 minutes per turn, and I'm fully entitled not to play Goblins anymore.

edit. I replied to a post which disappeared. My post seems weird now.

A lot of mental gymnastics here mate.

I didn't realize people playing with Goblins were doing others a favour. That's not a fact btw.

You brought up a game from 5 years ago, went and found the link and said: "Last time I played as Goblins my opponent spent the rest of the game, clearly lost, by fouling my players and wasting even more time." That's a whole lot of effort to go to. Then you said: "Anyway, regardless of fouling, the point is that playing as Goblins can easily turn a match into a waste of time (with or without them being fouled by the opponent)." Now you're actively disproving both of those views yet again.

You are very clearly bitter about a turn 16 foul to the point of remembering a 5-yr-old game and ceasing to play with that team.

Clearly your point just moves completely depending on what is personally best for you and massages your ego.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 13, 2023 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

No, I'm bitter about playing a tier 3 team and wasting my time, to be honest, but feel free to twist things as you fancy. After all, we like fantasy genre.
My best player, the AG 4 Goblin, was eaten by the Troll. The Goblins left on the pitch were fodder. I could have not been pissed off by any foul, at that stage of the game.
It was not hard to find that game, even after 5 years, because it was the last one I played with a Goblin team.

I've checked my Book of Grudges: according to it, my opponent played slowly. So, the fouling could be a false memory, but the slow gameplay should still be true.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: May 13, 2023 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, you could be eaten.

Post   Posted: May 14, 2023 - 20:54
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Matt and Wish, I have deleted a few of your posts. It was going off topic and was not going anywhere positive. Please either leave this forum or stop replying to each other.
mikere

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2023 - 05:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I can't believe that all of these years later we still have threads about this. I've come around to the side of fouling is something you do when you can and it doesn't hurt you.
 Jump to: