58 coaches online • Server time: 20:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2024 - 23:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Not just a matter of Casualties, KOs matter too.
While a team is rarely battered to the point of being unplayable after a game, it's not that unlikely to lose the players you need to play decently the current game.
I often don't suffer many blocks, yet I'm outnumbered often.
With Elves I stopped defending because it's honestly futile most of times.
I can even manage to stop an offensive drive with some luck, but then I will probably severely outnumbered in 2nd Half.
A long bench doesn't help as one could imagine because you need them for the current drive you are playing, also, a long bench with Elves makes the TV skyrocket and face even more Tackle and MB.
So, to get back to the point, slightly changing the Injury table could help.
SeriliKirico

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2024 - 00:23 Reply with quote Back to top

The "nothing wrong with amount of CAS" statement kind of contradicts to the fact that BB is notorious of its snowballing effect, when a few lucky removals in a first few turns are easily turned into more destruction using the numbers advantage. That in its turn leads to the quite frequent situations at the table when one side doesn't have much left of their team midgame already - and that isn't even anomaly, happens on regular basis, especially with not so armored teams.

So one coach has to endure through about 40 minutes more being beaten, with little chances to do much, and - what is even worse - not actually much game left to play, as all your players are lying on the ground and based all the time, many times double-based. To make it worse, the widespread practice is to discourage concessions. Now one can clearly see why the game may not have that much of appeal, especially for younger generation.

Compare it to a typical online PvP game these days, where you at least can execute some plays, even when you are effectively lost already and can't do a thing about it. You still can DO something, enjoy the process etc. This is the right way to implement a game. Otherwise why play it, if half the match isn't a game at all for you?
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2024 - 01:16 Reply with quote Back to top

ehh, i'm.. going to step out of the conversation. i will say in 1800+ games, the percentage of games where cas snowballed the game to where i couldn't effectively play is .. low. definitely under 5%, probably closer to 1%. maybe i'm an outlier, maybe i'm just ultra lucky, but i'd say the volume i played is high enough that it doesn't need to automatically be dismissed. maybe my acceptance for how many games is acceptable is just higher, and others literally want 0%.

the number of games where my own bad dice (rolling 5+ double skulls/snake eyes, multiple quad skulls etc) lost me the game is higher than the number where cas caused by the opponent snowballed into me not having a hope.
Gridironman

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2024 - 02:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Just play resurrection league with 12+ armor?

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2024 - 12:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
ehh, i'm.. going to step out of the conversation. i will say in 1800+ games, the percentage of games where cas snowballed the game to where i couldn't effectively play is .. low. definitely under 5%, probably closer to 1%. maybe i'm an outlier, maybe i'm just ultra lucky, but i'd say the volume i played is high enough that it doesn't need to automatically be dismissed. maybe my acceptance for how many games is acceptable is just higher, and others literally want 0%.

the number of games where my own bad dice (rolling 5+ double skulls/snake eyes, multiple quad skulls etc) lost me the game is higher than the number where cas caused by the opponent snowballed into me not having a hope.

Play more All Stars! Twisted Evil

More Morg, more bombs, more +2 DP!

All the Stars still return for the next match. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2024 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I’m fine with the cas table as it is.
Gridironman

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2024 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I may have sounded dismissive. I legitimately believe that people that do not like roguelike consequences like permanent injuries and death could play a softer adaptation of a resurrection league with the tools on site. All players have 11+ armor (12+ if possible?) thick skull and extra gold for bloodweiser kegs and x2 apo. It is a totally different game from blood bowl but why not do that in a league if you want less removals?

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2024 - 20:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Malmir wrote:
I’m fine with the cas table as it is.

I agree

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2024 - 23:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Gridironman wrote:
I may have sounded dismissive. I legitimately believe that people that do not like roguelike consequences like permanent injuries and death could play a softer adaptation of a resurrection league with the tools on site. All players have 11+ armor (12+ if possible?) thick skull and extra gold for bloodweiser kegs and x2 apo. It is a totally different game from blood bowl but why not do that in a league if you want less removals?

You can do whatever you like. Smile

You could just make every armour break a stun.

You could bring back RSC. Standard DP +2. CRP style CPOMB.

It's all a matter of taste. Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2024 - 00:32 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

You can do whatever you like. Smile

You could just make every armour break a stun.

You could bring back RSC. Standard DP +2. CRP style CPOMB.

It's all a matter of taste. Twisted Evil

That is why this site is so amazing. It is as versatile as it gets.

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2024 - 10:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Id rather have better Claw + MB combo to kill some of those high AV targets rather than game going more carebear state.

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2024 - 13:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Gridironman wrote:

That is why this site is so amazing. It is as versatile as it gets.

I don't know how much of this stuff still works on Fumbbl 2020 though. There's no option for RSC. Sad
I don't know how many options were ported over and how many are 2016 only.

Though we can still play 2016. Mr. Green

But on TT you can completely ignore GWs nonsense. Very Happy
You could play 2nd Ed if you wanted. Though I suspect that the players might still fall over if you don't secure them with blutak.

Jump to: