The NAF is an international association of players dedicated to Blood Bowl. The NAF acts as a central resource for coaches the world over – offering news, contacts, discussion, sanctioned tournaments and international player rankings. Whether you are planning to run your own tabletop tournament, looking for a league or just wanting to catch up on the latest from the world of fantasy football gaming, the NAF aims to provide everything you will need.
Why not find the most up to date information on tabletop tournaments in your area? There is a handy list here. If you ever need help or have any questions regarding attending a tabletop tournament, please come ask!
LitBowl Online 2021
The NAF Online team wants to celebrate with you the departure of the BB2016 rules in Lithuanian tradition: have your Official Rules "LIT" on fire!
Welcome to LitBowl, a 6 week ranked tournament with big budgets and "cepelinai" for lunch, where you can say "viso gero!" to BB2016.
Tournament admins: neilwat • Stimme • Stingray
CREATING AND APPLYING A TEAM
Before you create your team on Fumbbl, we highly suggest that you use an Excel sheet or my little army builder online to create your team and make sure it adds up to the total amount. Find roster making tools on the NAF site.
Once you have decided on your setup, generate a new team following the subsequent steps (do not reuse an existing team!):
1. Create a new team using this link and choose your race and team name.
2. On the team page, there is no need to change ‘Progression’ from ‘Standard’ to ‘None’.
3. Buy all of your players, re-rolls, etc. and click ‘submit for approval’.
4. On the following screen, select your skills. For higher tier teams, choose the “no skill” option for skill slots not used.
5. When ‘Save’ is pressed to confirm your skill choices, there is no pop-up or conformation screen. You can check if your skills have saved correctly by navigating away from the screen and then checking ‘Team Options’ on your team page. You must select all skills before the start of the tournament and may not change them later.
6. NAF coaches must record their NAF nick and NAF number in the team bio section following team creation. This will help us in the future recording and ranking of online games.
7. Inducement(s) you wish to use should be left out of your team creation process and listed in the team bio. Inducements have to be announced before start of the tournament and may not be changed in-between matches!
e.g.: at the beginning of a tournament match, select only your announced inducements, as you would normally by spending your remaining treasury as petty cash.
8. Navigate to the tournament team site and use the button at the bottom at the page to apply your team.
Please view Strider’s youtube videoif you need more details how to create a team.
• individual tournament •
• resurrection •
• weekly rounds •
• 6 rounds regular phase •
• Blood Bowl 2016 rules, Spikes released until September 2020 and NAF CRP •
1200k gold to be used for standard team building and inducements:
• A minimum of 10 players and a maximum of 16 are to be rostered.
• 0-8 Re-Rolls;
• Assistant coaches;
• 0-1 Apothecary;
• 0-9 Fan Factor;
• Inducements. The cost will be as following and will count for all 6 games:
• 0-2 Bloodweiser Kegs for 50k each;
• 0-3 Bribes for 100k each, for Goblins and Snotlings 50k each;
• 0-1 Master chef for 300k, for Halflings 100k;
• 0-2 NAF-approved Star Players for their regular cost;
• 0-1 Rioutous Rookies for 100k - Ogres and Snotlings;
• Star players can only be bought once 10 players are bought.
• They cannot take the roster to 17 players.
• Beware that not all of FUMBBL's stars are allowed, check fumbbl forum thread to check the ones available.
All inducements must be announced at the “bio” at the team’s creation and cannot change between rounds
The additional cash as listed below can be combined with the initial team creation budget.
This additional cash can also be spent on additional skills.
You may use Additional Cash to help team building, skills or both,
but you may not use Team Building budget to purchase skills
• 20k for normal skills
• 30k for double skills
• Tier 1-3: access to 1 double skill;
• Tier 4-6: access to 2 double skills.
• You can have as many 2 skill players as you want but all players must have unique set of 2 skills. ex: you can take 3 players with 2 additional skills Block+Tackle; Block+MB; Tackle+MB. but you CANNOT have 3x Block+mb.
• Tier 1-3: you may stack double+normal;
• Tier 4-6: you may stack double+double.
1) NET TDS + NET CAS
2) Opponent’s schedule (top 3 only)
3) Most TD's
4) Most CAS
* only CAS that grant SPPs count
• No concessions are allowed during a match. Penalty may result in exclusion from the tournament and no registration accepted for the next NAF event.
• If a coach misses their match on an agreeded time without warning, a concession will likely be applied if another appropriate time to play can’t be found.
• If the opponents are unable to schedule a match, the organizers will make a judgement call and decide the winner of the match or a draw might be given.
• If two coaches end up not playing their round within schedule without informing the admins a concession will be given to both coaches.
• Everyone is counting on you to play the 6 rounds regardless of your performance. Dropping without a proper cause will result in denying your registration for the next NAF Online event.
DISCLAMER: This NAF team is highly concerned in the fairplay on these events and see any form of concessions due to bad results as a lack of sportsmanship that brings false results to the final score and byes which the organization makes a big effort to avoid. Thus, in order to make each tournament better to all those who want to play we de keep track of concessions! If by any chance you feel like you can't stand the events, just skip turns - it isn't great but that'll at least give your opponent a chance to do their match.
Thanks to sponsors, coach Fuel and the good will of the Lithuanian community, this event will have physical prizes for the following objectives:
BloodBowl 2020 mat from Deep-Cut Studio
Deep-Cut Studio is an artisan studio manufacturing miniature, RPG and tabletop games accessories.
Dicetower made by Lithuanian players
"CAS" patch and Casuality dice from Charlie Victor Products
Everything he make is for the fans; nothing gives him greater pleasure than seeing his designs out there in the world.
"Lightning" dice set by Black Orc Down
You have to be fast as lightning to score lots of td's. Black Orc Down makes the best Custom Fantasy Football Trophies and Dice!
SCHEDULE server time as reference
Each round will start at 0:01 Monday morning and end at 23:59 Sunday night server time.
9 Apr to 17 Apr
19 Apr - 25 Apr
26 Apr - 2 May
3 May - 9 May
10 May - 16 May
17 May - 23 May
24 May - 30 May
• Please endeavour to complete your games. PM your opponent as soon as you can and organise a time to play.
• If agreeing a time is proving difficult, PM the tournament admins - include all 3 - and your opponent.
• Games will be forfeited promptly to begin new rounds.
• If one player benefits from inducements not listed on the team’s “bio” or irregular use of Timeout with direct influence on the score, a concession might be applied.
• Games will count towards NAF ranking as Online NAF games on thenaf.net. Forfeits and games against non NAF members are not recorded.
• Be cordial on the chat and pm towards your opponent and audience. Any use of offensive laguage towards your opponent regarding racial, political or religious content might result in exclusion from the tournament and 1 year ban from NAF events.
• Use wisdom and good faith when agreeing a match with your opponent.
• We recommend avoiding Timeouts. However, if you use it, you are not allowed to do it without a first “transgression” and consequent first warning on the chat. Ex: my opponent exceeds the time one turn, I warn him I’ll timeout next time.
You can only use a timeout if the other opponent is playing their turn, if they give an indication that they need 5 minutes or similar to deal with a real life event then they can’t be timed out for this.
ONLINE RANKING NAF MEMBERSHIP
• All Games between NAF members are recorded on the NAF Homepage and will be used to calculate the NAF online Rankings.
• Even though a NAF membership is not mandatory, we highly encourage to become Member of the NAF, because:
o 10$ paypal of 5$ in person should be doable for everyone, already to just to support the NAF.
o Tracking your online rankings and enabling your opponents to play for their ranking is always fun.
o You get goodies every time you renew your membership
Useful Links and FAQ
Please see this FUMBBL group for useful links and FAQ.
The Road to the NAF Chapionship 2015
5 rounds of Swiss, final 261 Coaches, 5.1.17 - 28.3.17
Champion – straume (won a ticket to the NAFC)
Stunty Cup – Zed
Raffle winner – m0gw41
Final Runner-up – Diceskill
2nd Place – cedric19
3rd Place – Jokaero
Lutèce Cup Challenge
International groups, 8 team playoff 180 Coaches, 1.4.15-28.5.15
Group Winners / Runners-Up:
Euro Group 1: Strider84 / MrPeng
Euro Group 2: Tripleskull / Estremo
Euro Group 3: JanMattys / Flix
Euro Group 4: Justicium / PacoSillas
North America: happygrue / Stimme
Oceania: hbgs / Dazedmw
Overall Winner - Tripleskull
Final Runner-up - JanMattys
Stunty Cup Winner - Lorebass
Online Dutch Open
International groups, 8 team playoff 92 Coaches, 15.6.15-31.7.15
Group Winners / Runners-Up:
Euro Group 1: Thot / Soycu
Euro Group 2: Yashin / Tripleskull
Euro Group 3: eldritchfox / Hamlet1980
North America: happygrue / pizzamogul
Oceania: Relezite / mushoomy
Overall Winner - Thot
Final Runner-up - happygrue
Stunty Cup Winner - Jopotzuki
World Cup Warm Up
International groups, 8 team playoff. Team based side event, 4 team playoff 144 Coaches, 24 Teams, 10.8.15-19.10.15
Group Winners / Runners-Up:
Euro Group 1: Joemanji / gesize
Euro Group 2: fxiii / Zoul
Euro Group 3: PeteW / Straume
North America: Sutherlands / happygrue
Oceania: bmilner / Dunenzed
Overall Winner - PeteW
Final Runner-up - gesize
Stunty Cup Winner - mrt1212
Team Challenge Winners - Joe le Taxi (azzroag (c), Bucks, geggster, felix_le, Simon_MLF, Nathaniel-FR)
The Road to the NAF Championship 2016
International groups, 8 team playoff 146 Coaches, 7.1.16-30.3.16
Group Winners / Runners-Up:
Euro Group 1: Kithor / Estremo
Euro Group 2: JimmyFantastic / Simon_MLF
Euro Group 3 Strider84 / Endzone
Euro Group 4: Jokaero / fxiii
North America: spock / nerdbird
Oceania: Olaf_the_Stout / Dazedmw
Overall Winner - Jokaero
Final Runner-up - fxiii
Stunty Cup Winner - m0gw41
Raffle Winner - iena
NAF Team Challenge
International groups, 6 team playoff 134 Coaches, 22 Teams, 1.4.16-30.5.16
Euro Group 1: Strider84
Euro Group 2: Jokaero
Euro Group 3: didier59
Euro Group 4: simon_MLF
North America: Wreckage
Road to the NAF Championship 2015: Straume
Lutece Challenge: Tripleskull
Online Dutch Open: Thot
World Cup Warm up: PeteW
Road to the NAF Championship 2016: Jokaero
Spike! Magazine Showdown: Jokaero
Online Welsh Open: Timetis
Dungeonbowl Highlanderturnement: BiBi
Road to the NAF Championship 2017: Strider84
Speed Bowl 1: Jokaero
Online Welsh Open 18: Kithor
Dungeonbowl (K)Online: Kalos86
Road to the NAF champtionship 2018: Bugrum
Danish Open Online: Gartch
NAF Speed Rush 19: Strider84
Waterbowl double elimination: PeteW
Team event Champions:
World Cup Warm up: Joe Le Taxi (Azzroag (c), Bucks, geggster, felix_le, Simon_MLF, Nathaniel-FR)
NAF Team Challenge 17: Team Hellhound (Strider84 (c), madmatt13, Candlejack, Kithor, Jokaero, lauth81)
Europen Online 17: Team Hellhound (Strider84 (c), madmatt13, Jokaero)
NAFifa World Cup 18: Italy (buttinho, Dirold, Estremo, Sampittu)
Europen Online 18: I Lupi e la Piovra (Dirold, Spartako, Liam_Gallagher)
NAF Team challenge 19: I Lupi, la Piovra e il Leone (Dirold, Spartako, Liam_Gallagher, Kaltenland)
World Cup Warm up 2019: I Lupi e la Piovra (Dirold, Spartako, Liam_Gallagher, Kaltenland)
Eur'Open Online 2020: Switzerland (Strider84, madmatt13, Jokaero, SiPa)
Road to the NAF Championship 2015: Zed
Lutece Challenge: Lorebass
Online Dutch Open: Jopotzuki
World Cup Warm up: mrt1212
Road to the NAF Championship 2016: m0gw41
Spike! Magazine Showdown: Topper
Online Welsh Open: m0gw41
Dungeonbowl Highlanderturnament: No stunty cup
Road to the NAF Championship 2017: SkavenLordVinshqueek
Speed Bowl 1: No stunty cup
Europen Online: No stunty cup
Q: Who are the NAF? A: Click on the 'NAF' tab above and find out!
Q: What are Online NAF tournaments? A: Online NAF aims to reproduce tournaments a NAF member may have attended on tabletop here on FUMBBL. Online NAF tournaments are open to all, members and non-members, and a number of shiny, physical prizes are up for grabs.
Q: When are the online NAF Rankings happening? A: Part of the rankings are uploaded and can be found here
Q: Why haven't we got tiered rulesets yet? A: Coding tiering of skills / gold / both is non trivial. We hope to bring you this functionality soon.
Q: What about format X? A: Strider84 is always up for ideas, and you never know, format X might be in the pipeline! Remember - tournament functionality is open to everyone, so you can always have a go yourself in the mean time.
Q: I organise a tabletop NAF tournament. Can we speak about doing something online? A: Sure! Contact Strider84. He'd be happy to hear from you.
Q: Can I help staff Online NAF tournaments? A: We've a great team looking after Online NAF, but we're always interested in hearing from volunteers. Contact Strider84.