|Recent Forum Topics SWL Season XCIII||New Blackbox||Ulthuan Invitational...|
|ABOUT THE TOURNAMENT|
Thrudball is a Blood Bowl tournament that has raised money for our chosen charities for over 15 years. Through raffles, auctions and the event itself, we're proud to say that we're continuing to raise money for worthy causes; in 2021, we broke £10,000 for the first time. This year, all profits will be split between Mind and the Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation.
This is the best Blood Bowl experience you will ever have, brought to you by SquadChaos. The real life event will take place on the 6th and 7th August 2022 just outside of Swindon, where you can enjoy the best game in the world with on site camping, silly activities and an auction of rare and professionally painted miniatures, hard to get tournament dice and all kinds of other collectables.
For entry into this tournament, to help with Thrudball and SquadChaos' charitable endeavours, there is a recommended donation of £5, payable via PayPal as friends/family. Obviously, if you want to donate more it would be very welcome!
The Fumbbl online event will use the same rules and feature 4 weekly games, run in two groups. One will be for those coaches that can play in European evenings (EU), the other will be for coaches who can play in North America (NA) evenings. You can join both if you want - but make sure you can arrange both games each week! We might have multiple groups for EU if there are a lot of coaches. This is due to the fact that 4 games might make it harder to distinguish between coaches.
Tournament admins: neilwat • Stimme
|CREATING AND APPLYING A TEAM ROSTER|
|Before you create your team on Fumbbl, we highly suggest that you use an Excel sheet or one of the online helpers to create your team and make sure it adds up to the total amount. Find roster making tools on the NAF site.|
Once you have decided on your setup, generate a new team following all of the subsequent steps (do not reuse an existing team!):
1. Create a new team using this link and choose your race and team name. Make sure you put [EU] or [NA] for your preferred timezone. Put this before your team name e.g. [EU] MayHem Chaos Crew
2. On the team page, there is no need to change ‘Progression’ from ‘Standard’ to ‘None’.
3. Buy all of your players, re-rolls, etc. and click ‘submit for approval’.
4. On the following screen, select your skills.
5. When ‘Save’ is pressed to confirm your skill choices, there is no pop-up or conformation screen. You can check if your skills have saved correctly by navigating away from the screen and then checking ‘Team Options’ on your team page. You must select all skills before the start of the tournament and may not change them later.
Please note: currently, stat increases can not be selected. If you like to purchase a stat increase (and your team tier is eligible!), leave a note in the team bio, and the admins will add it manually.
6. NAF coaches must record their NAF nick and NAF number in the team bio section following team creation. This will help us in the future recording and ranking of online games. If you are not a NAF member, please write "non-NAF".
7. Inducement(s) you wish to use should be left out of your team creation process and listed in the team bio. Inducements have to be announced before start of the tournament and may not be changed in-between matches!
e.g.: at the beginning of a tournament match, select only your announced inducements, as you would normally by spending your remaining treasury as petty cash.
8. Navigate to the tournament team site and use the button at the bottom at the page to apply your team.
Please view Strider’s youtube video if you need more details how to create a team.
|• BB2020 ruleset with Slann and the new Khorne and Norse rosters. |
• Four-week tournament
• 4 rounds total
• Depending on their tier, teams have between 1200K and 1300K spend on buying their players and inducements
|A single tier-dependent budget to be used for team building, inducements, skills and stars..|
A minimum of 11 players and a maximum of 16 are to be rostered.
• 0-8 Re-Rolls
• Assistant coaches
• 0-1 Apothecary for eligible races
• 0-6 Dedicated Fans
The following inducements are available:
• 0-2 Bloodweiser Kegs for 50k each
• 0-3 Bribes for 100k each, or 50k each for teams with "Bribery and Corruption" special rule for tier 6 only!
• 0-1 Master chef for 300k, for Halflings 100k
• 0-1 Mortuary Assistant for 100k for eligible races
• 0-1 Plague Doctor for 100k for eligible races
• 0-1 Riotous Rookies, for Ogres and Snotlings for 100k
Star player notes:
• Only the following stars are available
All inducements must be announced in the “team bio” at the team’s creation and may not change between rounds
|TEAM VALUE AND ADDITIONAL SKILLS|
|Depending on their tier, teams may purchase additional primary or secondary skills out of their team budget.|
• Primary skills cost 20K, secondary skills cost 40K.
• Players make take one primary, one secondary, or two primary skills.
• No skill may be chosen more than three times
• Tier 1: 1200K total budget, purchase of up to 5 skills and 1 star
• Tier 2: 1200K total budget, purchase of up to 6 skills and 1 star
• Tier 3: 1250K total budget, purchase of up to 7 skills and 1 star
• Tier 4: 1250K total budget, purchase of up to 8 skills and 1 star
• Tier 5: 1300K total budget, purchase of up to 8 skills and 2 stars
• Tier 6: 1300K total budget, purchase of up to 10 skills and 2 stars
• Dark Elves • Dwarves • Shambling Undead • Skaven
• Amazons • Chaos Dwarves • Lizardmen • Orcs • Norse • Vampires • Wood Elves •
• Elven Union • Humans • Imperial Nobility • Slann • Tomb Kings • Underworld Denizens •
• Black Orcs • High Elves • Khorne • Necromantic Horror • Nurgle • Old World Alliance • Snotlings •
• Chaos Chosen • Chaos Renegades • Halflings •
• Goblins • Ogres •
|• 2 points per win|
• 1 point per draw
• 0 points per loss
• -1 point per concession
Tiebreakers are as follows:
1) NET TDs + NET CAS
2) Most TDs
3) Most CAS
* only CAS that grant SPPs count
|• No concessions are allowed during a match. Penalty may be exclusion from the tournament and no registration accepted for the next NAF event. The reason for this is that the tie-breakers can be effected by touchdowns and casulties, so both players should play on with the aim to maximise these. |
• If a coach misses their match at the scheduled time, a concession may be applied.
• Everyone is counting on you to play all matches regardless of your performance. Dropping without a proper cause will result in denying your registration for the next NAF online event.
|EU rounds will start at 0:01 Monday morning server time and end at 23:59 Sunday night server time.|
NA rounds will start and end at 9:00 Monday morning server time.
Team registration: before July 2nd
1st Round: July 4th to 10th
2nd Round: July 11th to 17th
3rd Round: July 18th to 25th
4th Round: July 25th to 31st
|• Please endeavour to complete your games. Be aware that the majority of coaches reside in Europe, with weekday availability at server time evenings! PM your opponent as soon as you can and organise a time to play. |
• If agreeing a time is proving difficult, PM the tournament admins - include both Neilwat and Stimme - and your opponent.
• Games will be forfeited promptly to begin new rounds.
• If one player benefits from inducements not listed on the team’s “bio” or irregular use of Timeout with direct influence on the score, a concession may be applied.
• Games will count towards NAF ranking as Online NAF games on thenaf.net. Forfeits and games against non NAF members are not recorded.
|• Be cordial in chat and PMs towards your opponent and audience. Any use of offensive laguage towards your opponent regarding racial, political or religious content might result in exclusion from the tournament and 1 year ban from NAF events.|
• We recommend avoiding Timeouts. However, if you use it, you are not allowed to do it without a first “transgression” and consequent first warning on the chat.
Example: your opponent exceeds the time in one turn, you warn him that you will timeout next time.
You can only use a timeout if the other opponent is actively playing their turn - if they give an indication that they need 5 minutes or similar to deal with a real life event then they can’t be timed out for this.
|NAF RANKING AND NAF MEMBERSHIP|
|• All games between NAF members are recorded on the NAF homepage and will be used to calculate the NAF online rankings.|
• Even though a NAF membership is not mandatory, we highly encourage you to join the NAF: https://www.thenaf.net/members-area/join-the-naf/
o The cost is £5, 5 Euros or 5 dollars in person, or $10 by Paypal online. For this you get your NAF name registered for rankings purposes and this lasts forever.
o Tracking your online rankings and enabling your opponents to play for their ranking is solid fun.
o You get goodies every time you renew your membership