57 coaches online • Server time: 23:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Roster Stats - Snotl...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Joost

Post   Posted: May 12, 2024 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Elyod is a really good coach and I’m not surprised he would squeeze something out of the roster. I just played my first game against gnomes (with orcs) and my opponent got bad dice, but even then the roster seemed very hard to play to me. For now I have them as the worst roster in the game. No dodge is a killer, both for survivability but also it kills mobility - engage them and they should disappear like snow in warm weather.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 13, 2024 - 13:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:

If you want to make any statements about the roster, come back with 50 games against what i call tier 1 rosters in my roster tier post, where the coaches are evenly matched in CR tier.

50 games all played by the same Gnome team or 50 games with 3 different Gnome teams played for 15 games each and 5 games with another Gnome team?
If you keep on playing the same Gnome team for 50 games the building would be different (the TV-matching as well due to no rookie protection).
The context is very important in statistics.
As an aside, I would consider a sample size of at least 100 games. 50 games is not that large, considering that there are 29 rosters.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: May 13, 2024 - 13:26 Reply with quote Back to top

50 games, split between as many teams/coaches as needed.

I agree it isnt enough for a proper sample size to see what they should actually be ranked.

But, for purposes of reconsidering whether there is potential, id be ok with it. (Again, with the caveat that all games are against coaches who are at least in the same CR tier as the gnome coach, and all games are against tier 1 or tier 1.5 rosters as defined in my other thread.)
RDaneel

Post   Posted: May 13, 2024 - 14:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I know that one game is not a stat but...
https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=4545574

Poor Spellen was told all wrong but give the fox a couple of stats + agility skill and you'll never get it again--not only can they win at low TV but also at medium....

There is to say that without even an Apo after 14 games with the Foxes still alive... we shall see

I start understanding now why in Trophy Gnomes has been rated Tiers 4 and i think i agree

Post   Posted: May 13, 2024 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

That team though.. one of the trees has randomed to Defensive, presumably fishing for Jump Up, but with Guard as well it's probably very annoying to play against with a bash team

The other sadly has Catch and Diving Tackle
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 13, 2024 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

A Treeman with Catch could be used to turtle in a corner of the pitch by handing him the ball off (not adjacent to the corner, just 1 square away to receive the hand off, otherwise the ball could scatter out of the pitch; once he gets the ball he can move to the very corner square, protected by the other Treeman and Gnomes all around), with another Treeman nearby and a cloud of Gnomes.
It's something I wanted to do with Halflings but never tried it.
MerryZ

Post   Posted: May 13, 2024 - 19:47 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
A Treeman with Catch could be used to turtle in a corner of the pitch by handing him the ball off (not adjacent to the corner, just 1 square away to receive the hand off, otherwise the ball could scatter out of the pitch; once he gets the ball he can move to the very corner square, protected by the other Treeman and Gnomes all around), with another Treeman nearby and a cloud of Gnomes.
It's something I wanted to do with Halflings but never tried it.

Why ?

Post   Posted: May 13, 2024 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Because I don't play Halflings due to the lack of a CR incentive taking into account their gameplay difficulty.
MerryZ

Post   Posted: May 13, 2024 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Because I don't play Halflings due to the lack of a CR incentive taking into account their gameplay difficulty.

I mean why you want to give ball to a tree in a corner ?

Post   Posted: May 13, 2024 - 20:07 Reply with quote Back to top

To protect the ball from opponents and to secure a tie in some games. It's hard to knock down a ST 6 player with an adjacent ST 6 Guard + a swarm of ST 2 players (two of them could be Guards too, in case of Gnomes). The corner makes impossible to surround the Treeman to knock him down with assists.

Imagine this scenario:

Gnomes receive and manage to score on turn 8.
Opponent scores quickly in 2nd Half (maybe not too quickly, but fast enough that 4 turns are left).
If the Gnomes at this stage are outnumbered (quite possible) then they could try to hand the ball off to the Catch Treeman in a corner, protecting the ball for the remaining turns of 2nd Half.
It could be a way to use Catch on a Treeman.
Not saying that this should be a default tactic, I'm just suggesting a way to use Catch on a Treeman.
RDaneel

Post   Posted: May 13, 2024 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

We are all looking forward to seeing you playing Gnomes with a Catcher Treeman in Trophy, Dakka.

Post   Posted: May 13, 2024 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Witness! https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=4545730
Norn

Post   Posted: May 14, 2024 - 00:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Sifu wrote:
Witness! https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=4545730

What an insane, beautiful game Surprised
Java

Post   Posted: May 14, 2024 - 07:33 Reply with quote Back to top

BEST COW is happy to have contributed to that and will now temporarily retire until redraft is here