26 coaches online • Server time: 09:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post It's almost tim...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 15, 2024 - 11:37 Reply with quote Back to top

MerryZ wrote:
But hard TV cap really doesnt serve any purpose ?

Cutting TV on seasons do. You build the best team in x ammount of games so you are the best team you can be for playoffs and on playoffs you try to be best team to get to finals and then win it all.

Hard capping TV on some ammount just doesnt do anything does it ? That just simulates exhibition games and that you can just do by picking skills and teams beforehand and just play, no ?

With hard TV cap I mean this:
you create a team at TV 1000 as usual. You play games and get skills as usual (so, it's not like the fixed TV of NAF games, if you mean that, because there the team starts with skills and it's always played at the same TV, without progression).
The maximum TV has a cap. It could be 1600, 1500, 1400 or another number.
Let's say the hard TV cap is 1500. The team can grow up from TV 1000 (at creation) to TV 1500 (by playing games). If, after any post-match management, the TV is higher than 1500 something must be dropped (a rr, a player, staff, etc.) until the TV is 1500 or lower, otherwise the team can't be put on Ready status.
This is clearly better than Season Re-Draft because it doesn't require to re-calculate the players' cost at Season's end and it keeps the max TV controlled every game. With Season Re-Draft some teams could get to a higher-than-1500 TV during the Season. With hard TV cap it's not possible.
The purpose of hard TV cap is keeping the teams reasonably in check game after game (not after X games, like with Season Re-Draft).
It's not like the fixed TV, non progression, resurrection NAF because there is some growth by playing games.
For Box games I'd like a hard TV cap set at 1550, since there is no Re-Draft to keep teams in check.

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %15, %2024 - %18:%May; edited 4 times in total
RDaneel

Post   Posted: May 15, 2024 - 14:01 Reply with quote Back to top

why?

Post   Posted: May 15, 2024 - 14:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Balance reason. Too many skills and stat boosts break the games. A hard TV cap reduces the number of skills and stats.
MerryZ

Post   Posted: May 15, 2024 - 16:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, why ?

Post   Posted: May 15, 2024 - 17:39 Reply with quote Back to top

For me, the obvious intention of recommended redraft is that teams are intended to be played for 1 season from 1000 to 1300 tv. Every season after that, which is by default going to be the majority of a teams lifespan, starts at 1300 and goes up, to 1500 or 1700 based on season length.

This then implies that 1000 to 1300 is meant to be a learning phase, and not seriously competitive, as those teams would not be expected to compete with the established teams in the league.

The top end is then designed to change depending on the league, but we can reasonably assume up to 300k from extra players, rerolls, or staff, and roughly 200k from skills gained throughout the season (although that will obviously vary from team to team and league to league, i think thats a reasonable baseline, for what the top end lucky teams will achieve.)
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 15, 2024 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

So, are you suggesting to play Season 1 (let's say, an 8-game Season) with 1300 Re-Draft budget, then Season 2 (again, an 8-game Season) and subsequent with 1500 Re-Draft budget?
That could be a nice idea, I mean, instead of having always the same Re-Draft budget, increasing it from Season 2 on.
Season length is always the same, just the Re-Draft budget changes.
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: May 15, 2024 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

"This then implies that 1000 to 1300 is meant to be a learning phase, and not seriously competitive, as those teams would not be expected to compete with the established teams in the league."

Hmm, you know they made the stars better
A cynic would say its because the minis are very expensive so it's good for profit
But, from a gameplay view, perhaps strong stars indicate they do want underdog to have a competitive chance
Nelphine

Post   Posted: May 15, 2024 - 18:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I would say current best stars are a mistake :p they are often flat out better than what a team can build, let alone what a new team could have. I think stars were intended to give a new team a fighting chance, but the top tier of stars, per my star pricing post, are simply badly designed (in that they do too much, instead of just giving a fighting chance.)

Matt, no, i think any team that is competitive is 'intended' to start at 1300 for the season, and then grow, up to between 1500 and 1800 (depending on league, roster, and luck). Then repeat, every seaon.
MerryZ

Post   Posted: May 15, 2024 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

But why?

Why you play over 15 game ? There is no reason ?

Post   Posted: May 15, 2024 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Because 1000 to 1300 (or lower than 1000 of course), and therefore the entire first season, is for learning the game, and shouldn't be considered competitive.
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: May 15, 2024 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
Because 1000 to 1300 (or lower than 1000 of course) is for learning the game, and shouldn't be considered competitive.

It's time again for: CITATION NEEDED
MerryZ

Post   Posted: May 15, 2024 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
Because 1000 to 1300 (or lower than 1000 of course) is for learning the game, and shouldn't be considered competitive.

You sir, is stupid

Post   Posted: May 15, 2024 - 18:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey hey, i just told you what seems to me to be blatantly the intent of the game, based on the recommended redraft rules.

I would prefer 1800 as the starting. But we're not talking about what i would like, we are talking about what is in the rulebook.
RDaneel

Post   Posted: May 15, 2024 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
Because 1000 to 1300 (or lower than 1000 of course), and therefore the entire first season, is for learning the game, and shouldn't be considered competitive.

so all who participate in RRR are nice amateurs who don't want to play competitive?

Or who plays Trophy where the TV is below 1300 for 50% of the games?

I don't see how a lower than 1000 TV means NOT playing in competitive mode.

Post   Posted: May 15, 2024 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Pretty sure he is trying to state his interpretation of the intent of the rules as written down rather than his own opinion.

RDaneel wrote:
Nelphine wrote:

so all who participate in RRR are nice amateurs who don't want to play competitive?

Or who plays Trophy where the TV is below 1300 for 50% of the games?

I don't see how a lower than 1000 TV means NOT playing in competitive mode.
 Jump to: