36 coaches online • Server time: 15:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Has Cindy Piewhistle...goto Post Draft League Expansi...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: May 16, 2024 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

GW don't care about balance at any TV.

Post   Posted: May 16, 2024 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Very true!
Malmir

Post   Posted: May 16, 2024 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

MerryZ wrote:
And do anyone care ? Majors have alwayw been pimped up teams ? This time its vamps, that you dont like and not orcs or dwofs ?

If orcs won a string in a row I wouldn’t be happy about that either. Variety improves the game’s enjoyment
RDaneel

Post   Posted: May 16, 2024 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
RDaneel wrote:
I quite agree with Koadah , and speaking about commissioners, another request I would kindly ask them is a sort of "soft" redraft:

All Competitive teams who played more than 200 games in the season, and have at least 1 legend player in their roster, will be temporary suspended from the Box; These teams can only attend tournaments and/or offer games with game finder.
They can be re-activated in the Box only after redraft would have been implemented

I find this a very constructive proposal to improve the balance of the box, also to encourage the use of new teams.

If someone share my proposal I can launch a poll.

What if i suggest 'you cant spin in the box unless you have at least one legend on your team'?

In other words, why are we trying to encourage new teams?

why not? Propose to commissioners or make a poll and let's see if people would like this proposal.

Encouraging new teams means encouraging variety.

Or encouraging a little bit more "balance".. GW does not like balance ok i take also unbalance but i dont make tons of complains then if there is no redraft

In a BB2020 world where redraft is not implemented it is easy enough for those who have the stubbornness to play 3-4 games a day mono-activating only a few teams to make themselves a nice team of Orcs or Vampires or Undead with a couple of Stat freaks optimized to the optimal TV which is 1400-1600 (in general unless you play UW, stunties teams I don't even consider them ) and win easier because they have the 1TTD option even if they play Orcs, Vampires and not only UW, Skane of Elfes....

... in sum does it really take that much to figure it out?

Are theese coach free to do that? Sure.
Everybody here can play how he likes: but then they wouldn't complain that redraft is missing or try to change the rules.
But people must know that some races benefit of the lack of the redraft more than others. Am I talking about the discovery of hot water?

Are we so afraid of vampires that we want to nerf them and make yet another “ad personam” rule ? Then propose these exotic rules like if a vampire fails blood lust he goes KO or directly in the reserve for 2 turns... or whatever like that the coach whos vampire suffers bloodlust must drink 4 glasses of vodka... For me make not a lot of sense but... what else.

Post   Posted: May 16, 2024 - 23:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok maybe a better response would be 'why not make all orcs av 8+'

A poll only gets popular opinion, it doesnt get what is good for the game. Sometimes popular opinion happens to be what is good for the game, but you dont identify that because of a poll, ypu identify it by discussing it and considering the alternatives.

However, if we want to discuss changes to the site, then that has to inclide things like capacity, perception, and ease of use. None of which are directly related to the proposal you have.

I have no interest in a proposal that is based in popular opinion. If the proppsal is good for the game, and on this site, that also includes 'good for the health of the site', make that the focus of ypur proposal, not whether people [who bother to read and answer a poll] will like it or not (as that is only distantly related).

Are we worried about vampires? Im not as worried as Malmir, but any changes to the roster would detract too much from the health of the site. So private leagues, or rampant GW complaints, are the answer - not proposals to arbitrarily change sonething in C division.
koadah

Post   Posted: May 16, 2024 - 23:38 Reply with quote Back to top

You can propose what you like. The art is getting Christer to agree to it. Mr. Green

Post   Posted: May 17, 2024 - 00:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:

I have no interest in a proposal that is based in popular opinion. If the proppsal is good for the game, and on this site, that also includes 'good for the health of the site',

I am interested to understand how you judge that something is good for the game or good for the health of the site..

A part that as Koadah mentioned who has ultimate decision here is Christer.

even if... I have a slight suspicion that Christer still uses to gather feedbacks of popular (or majority) opinions to make his final decisions
(f.i https://fumbbl.com/p/blog&c=Christer&id=24829)

Post   Posted: May 17, 2024 - 05:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Just make new team to play with ?

There is a reason why you dont find games.

Not many want to play one legend rest rookie teams that you suggest on hard TV cap.

Running away and rolling dice for one turn is not what people want.

Post   Posted: May 17, 2024 - 09:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I think BB is most balanced at low tv, where every roster has a reasonable chance to win if it is played well. As TV get higher, certain rosters have less and less chance to win as I see it - all stunty teams suffer as TV gets higher (don't know yet about gnomes), but also imperial nobility. Vamps, orcs and I'm sure a few others become dominant at high TV, and perhaps a few rosters that have great oneturning options.

And, on topic: I do think vamps are very powerful at high TV. I'm curious to see what the counter will be.
Garion

Post   Posted: May 17, 2024 - 10:06 Reply with quote Back to top

The thing no one is mentioning is that its pretty easy to get Ma9 vamps now, which gives them a really strong OTT game too.

But as others have said... it's nice to see them have some time in the sun, hopefully they don't become ubiqutous though.

Post   Posted: May 17, 2024 - 10:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I made a new Vampire team, I played 17 games (not 2000) and at 1560 TV I can't find games already.
No Legend players on the team, no one turners.
Anyway, I'm not interested in making new teams all over again. It's too boring for me. I like to make a team and keep on playing it. Recreating teams is not my philosophy.
Blood Bowl for me is a campaign game like Necromunda, GorkaMorka and Mordheim. If I wanted a one-off game experience without players' progression I would play something else. For me, we could ban the Legend players, if that's the issue. As long as anybody can't have a Legend player, I'm fine with banning them. I can win even without Legend players.

Joost wrote:

And, on topic: I do think vamps are very powerful at high TV. I'm curious to see what the counter will be.

With Elves I do this: I kick to Vampires, if I win the toss.
They either score quickly or stall.
If they score quickly, in theory with Elves I can score back fast. The faster I score, the harder is for Vampires to pressure the ball carrier.
If they don't score fast and stall till turn 8 I try to 1TTD.
On Half 2 I try to 1TTD again (or score very fast).
In theory, with this strategy the worst scenario is a tie.
In the best scenario is a win for the Elves.

The idea is: they can't use their Gaze if I 1TTD and, if I score fast, I can't be pressured too much.
If scoring fast is not possible I try to force them to chase my players scattered all across the pitch.
This should trigger Bloodlusts and put the Vampires in bad positions.
This of course gets harder to do if all the Vampires have Pro, but in theory it can work.
A Thrower with On The Ball and Accurate (or PA 1+) is important to play like that. He can stay deep and wait for the occasion to pass or just pass immediately after the Kick-Off.
koadah

Post   Posted: May 17, 2024 - 12:22 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
I made a new Vampire team, I played 17 games (not 2000) and at 1560 TV I can't find games already.

the culture is changed. Sad

MattDakka wrote:
No Legend players on the team, no one turners.
Anyway, I'm not interested in making new teams all over again. It's too boring for me. I like to make a team and keep on playing it. Recreating teams is not my philosophy.
Blood Bowl for me is a campaign game like Necromunda, GorkaMorka and Mordheim. If I wanted a one-off game experience without players' progression I would play something else.

I agree. Though, I did like going to higher that whatever 1560 would have been under the old rules.

Post   Posted: May 17, 2024 - 13:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I try to explain better: I don't want to play in the 1400-1550 range with the aim to build Legends and one turners, I just want some development on my players, for variety's sake and for more personal enjoyment of games.
Elves are not that fun to play for me without 3 team rrs and some Dodge. Their gameplay revolves around positioning, without enough rrs it's hard to do that. While I agree that Legends break the games, on the other hand not having the core skills and enough rrs to perform the supposed gameplay of a certain race breaks the games as well. I would not even bother to play Elves if I had to stop at 15 games, I would stick just to team good within 15 games.
In my opinion, too many skills break the games, but too few skills make them boring and broken in another way (without Sure Hands you have to hope not to fail the pick ups, that Weather is not Pouring Rain, that opponent doesn't roll a Blitz!, without Block you have to hope not to fail that crucial 1/9 block, with 1 Dedicated Fans Officious Ref could break a game, and stuff like that).
koadah

Post   Posted: May 17, 2024 - 14:10 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
I try to explain better: I don't want to play in the 1400-1550 range with the aim to build Legends and one turners, I just want some development on my players, for variety's sake an

Sure, but some people will do that.

As their top players grow they will need to cut 1 or 2 skill players to stay under the cap.

With seasons, they will need to cut 1,2 even 0 skill players to be able to afford to keep their best.

Post   Posted: May 17, 2024 - 14:15 Reply with quote Back to top

But if they cut the players, at least they have to sacrifice something.
Currently you can have a Legend AND a team made by some other good players as well, without even having to think about what to drop.
Cutting players is team management, I don't see it as a negative thing.
If 1550 is too high, then it could be a bit lower, for me would be still ok. For instance, if the TV cap were 1400, yes, you could have a Legend, but the rest of the team would be pretty unskilled.
The important thing is that I can have some development and I don't have to face super farmed high TV teams.
Playing a Casualty slot machine is not what I look for.

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %17, %2024 - %14:%May; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: