23 coaches online • Server time: 07:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Streaming live your match on TwitchTV personal channel....
Hey! Wait ! My opponent should ask mine consent!
30%
 30%  [ 45 ]
Yes! I want to be an Internet Movie MegaStar! And pay me royalties!
13%
 13%  [ 20 ]
GASP! Shocked! I will leave FUMBBL and internet and I will recover in an old Monastery
2%
 2%  [ 4 ]
TwitchTV? what is TV? What is Internet? I know only www.fumbbl.com
7%
 7%  [ 11 ]
I think it can be done or not, it does not hurt me at all...
38%
 38%  [ 58 ]
Will trow a pie in face of .... (you chose the coach-name ;-) !!!
7%
 7%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 149

koadah

Post   Posted: May 28, 2023 - 22:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that the site should at least recommend that the streamer inform the opponent.

Even if you can't enforce it.

Post   Posted: May 28, 2023 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

RDaneel wrote:
Sooner or later people will start watching FUMBBL on TwitchTV often and often and this for sure will lead to discover more channels... The more FUMBBL will become popular on TwitchTV more people will watch. The more channel will become popular

This is desirable. It's not entirely inevitable though.

RDaneel wrote:
So it is possible that - even w/o placing a requirement on the streamer to tell you they are streaming their match - a Stremaer will have his channel watched by his opponent on Twitch TV

This is unavoidable. But why make streaming something people are less likely to do?

That's all.

Post   Posted: May 28, 2023 - 22:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that being streamed without their consent or knowledge might put some people off playing Fumbbl.

Post   Posted: May 28, 2023 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I think you should probably stop being so sensitive if other people making comments about your plays makes you feel bad. Either you made bad plays or the streamer doesn't know what they're talking about, either way it's nothing that should have an effect on grown adults.

Fumbbl already is a public site where anyone can spectate your matches in real time or even watch your replays after the fact and make fun of them all they want. Maybe people should play more games if they have the free time to fret over nonsense like this.
Storr

Post   Posted: May 28, 2023 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I find it really hard to understand any of the concerns expressed against streaming.
AD already explained the absurdity of the idea that the streamer is getting an advantage.
Then the complaints that streamers chat with someone else instead of their opponent and there's a loss in the social aspect of the game. In my experience the most games don't have more chat than glhf, gz, thx and cya. Or maybe that is because I don't chat a lot? Well, in that case it's maybe something that depends on the character of a coach and not on the game being streamed or not.
And I also don't see why it would be off-putting to have a game published on the internet when it's already published on the internet.

And all of that noise for a handful of people streaming their games on twitch.
almic85

Post   Posted: May 29, 2023 - 00:18 Reply with quote Back to top

To me it just seems a daft rules change, but it’s Christers house and Christers rules.

I get that there is an audience for this kind of thing, and even if there wasn’t there is the potential for one so someone is going to livestream themselves playing bloodbowl on FUMBBL.

I get that as long as people can do this that there is little to no ability to police it unless it is reported on so the site admins don’t want the extra effort required to take action on it.

I also get that there is the potential upswing on site traffic and use as a result of the visibility of having the client in shown in the twitch stream, and that as a site this might be seen to be more beneficial than not engaging in that realm of entertainment.

It’s still somewhat shit though that someone can match up against you and put your performance up on the internet without ever even asking you if it’s ok.

As for the etiquette of not logging into someone else’s twitch stream it seems an absurd argument that you shouldn’t do it because it makes their twitch stream less entertaining or usable or changes their behaviour.

If you want to stand at a games table and announce your intentions to the public then shame on you for being an idiot.

If you did it on the table top you’d be an idiot for telling your opponent what you were thinking.

Claiming that it shouldn’t be done when the only reason you are able to do it without the others consent is because it is “public” is hypocrisy.

TLDR you should ask before you broadcast someone else to the rest of the world, even if it’s not against the site rules.

If you're interested join the Fringe
Storr

Post   Posted: May 29, 2023 - 00:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a heads up, mate. Your game is broadcasted to the rest of the world no matter if there's a streamer involved. And your performance is out there to be judged not only while you are playing, but also for as long as the site is running.
HaruHaru

Post   Posted: May 29, 2023 - 05:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I view playing on fumbbl a little bit as playing in a tabletop club in midtown, anyone can come and watch, but generally they have to be at the tabletop club to watch. As such, they are not a faceless entity on the internet. By watching on fumbbl, you have to be logged in to site and as such, you're visible to the player. /spectators and all that.
In this analogy, someone is streaming the game, sure. That's akin to someone just putting up cameras and going, I'm gonna broadcast this on the internet, you'd be daft if you didn't say, hey is it ok If I film this?
And honestly, almost all of the time, I'd say sure, as long as you're not filming me and making me look fat I'd be ok with it.

TL;DR, If you're watching on fumbbl, you're not completely anonymous, if you're watching via twitch, you are.
RDaneel

Post   Posted: May 29, 2023 - 08:31 Reply with quote Back to top

HaruHaru wrote:
I
TL;DR, If you're watching on fumbbl, you're not completely anonymous, if you're watching via twitch, you are.

Indeed
you can watch TwitchTV also without a TwitchTV account so you will even not be listed in the chat, you can be totally invisible.

On FUMBBL if you are not registered you cannot spectate a match.
badger89

Post   Posted: May 29, 2023 - 08:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I do not see the problem as people on here played or have played BB2 and may or may not been on twitch.tv so what the difference.

and what happened to stick and stone

Post   Posted: May 29, 2023 - 09:57 Reply with quote Back to top

badger89 wrote:
I do not see the problem as people on here played or have played BB2 and may or may not been on twitch.tv so what the difference.

and what happened to stick and stone

I have not played BB2, but I'm not sure where you're going with this?

Sticks and stones may break your bones but words break hearts?
RDaneel

Post   Posted: May 29, 2023 - 10:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Now I tell you why I am against be streamed without my consent and sorry if I need to be personal but everything is public so I think I can make public because is not a secret
I will try to keep a neutral tone without offending anyone (although in the Twitch TV channel I have been told off)

Here the story

9 days ago I played with this coach on Competitive
https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=4460595

Gdyanick did not tell a word on the FUMBBL chat for almost 50 minutes: neither a GL HF nothing. Of course during this match I did not know he was streaming my match on TwitchTV and there was no spectator in our FUMBBL chat.

It was tough match and I lost my offensive drive :nothing for which I can blame my opponent : he was better than me and I still have a lot to learn for the offensive drive, despite this I tried to fight with all my forces to complete the match with honour even if was clear I did not have a lot of hopes anymore

Then during 4/4 second half with 2 less player he was stalling quietly and ready to score 2-0 I exceed 4 mins time for too much thinking ( I was trying to decide a totaly crazy move anyway I repet I did not want to give up even if I did not have any hope).

And the guy called timeout without warn.

So now go here and if you want start watching from 00:53 sec (TwitchTV time)
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1825801646?filter=all&sort=time

You know how I feel about timeouts without a warning. But it annoyed me even more because for an hour there had been a wall of silence, and he gives me the timeout without warning.

Well I am human and I got angry. I wrote to him in chat asking him if he was speaking english (as he did not answer me) .... And I told for me he is "bad" coach ... (sorry for this... sorry sorry sorry) and that it is impolite to take timeouts without warning and that it made me angry (even though it is perfectly legitimate to do so)
Honestly speaking if there would have been s-o in the chat I would have managed this with PM with him not write in the chat but remember: I was thinking to be ALONE because nobody was in our FUMBBL channel

After a while he writes me back and we get into a bit of an argument (without swearing but I was very angry so I told him that I thinks he's a rude person... )

Now all this is being rebroadcast on his TwitchTV channel
Go below and play from 00:55.00 . The chat is TwitchTV is hidden but he clearly makes it public for his friends on TwitchTV. Clearly I came off as a "simpleton" who gets angry over nothing. Today readying my chat on the TwitcthTV makes me feel ashamed. I feel myself a poor pathetic.

At one point (minute 00:55.02) Gdaynick clearly annoyed by my reaction takes a bit of a swipe at me (I don't quote the exact word but something he says was " hey FUXXX you..! There is the button i press the button.. what do you want?" ) but clearly he says it in micro-headphones to his TwitchTV friends he couldn't afford to say such things to me in chat (in the chat he just wrote: dont wast my time with your RANT ... I will timeout without mercy... go and play something like this ( i watched the video on TwitchTV only once then i stopped because I feel a lot of shame for myself)

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

I was upset i used a tone arrogant I told him " I will never chat with you again end of transmission " : I was really pathetic Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed : remember I thought I was alone with him on the chat so no insult but I certainly got a bit carried away

All this I found out 9 days later now today watching in his TwitchTV channel where all stream are available in VoD

Well if I had known that the match was streamed and could be seen by XXXX people (those connected to the channel) I wouldn't have maybe exaggerated in the chat. I would not be upset from the fact he was not speaking with me (as he is just speaking on his channel) ... end of the match GG WD
But in MY CHAT of fumbbl there was no viewer so I thought I was only talking to him

Of course then his little friends on the chat also make fun of me a bit ... whatever

All this to say that I felt my privacy was little bit violated because it's true that FUMBBL is a public platform but if you want to see my match you have to enter as a spectator and see me while with TwitchTV I don't and you can chat with others

In sum this for me is the aspect that unnerved me the most not so much the coaching....

I would like to hear other people's opinions regarding this 'incident' that happened to me.

Someone might argue that I should not make a fact public or personal on a public forum. I could counter that it is my way of sharing now something that someone else has shared without my consent with other people and so I take the right to do so here. If the administrators of this site want to ban me for that amen. I will accept the punishment.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: May 29, 2023 - 10:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't want to be timed out without warning? Don't go over 4 minutes.
Don't want to embarrass yourself in chat? Don't say anything bad.
You shouldn't need to know ppl are watching to hold yourself to a decent standard.
Love that you've been seething about this for 9 days and made multiple forum threads though.
RDaneel

Post   Posted: May 29, 2023 - 11:11 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Don't want to be timed out without warning? Don't go over 4 minutes.
Don't want to embarrass yourself in chat? Don't say anything bad.
You shouldn't need to know ppl are watching to hold yourself to a decent standard.
Love that you've been seething about this for 9 days and made multiple forum threads though.

I just discovered my VoD stored there today
And I discovered this stream channel only two days ago by hazard when I was spectating a match of him and a spectator ( I think was PurpleChest) told me that the match was going to be streamed... So i decided to start this discussion

After two days of discussions I was asking myself if my match of 9 days ago would have been recorded and I found it today and that's why I've decided today to make a complete clarification otherwise some of my previous comments could not been understood
P.s) the timeout forum discussion is quite before this incident , I started in parallel of “spiteful foul”…

And for sure my future matches which I will play on FUMBBL could be much more silent or cautious than today ... that's clear
Jan-Erik

Post   Posted: May 29, 2023 - 11:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it's a great thing if people are shamed over having embarrassing meltdowns in the chat. It's not the fault of the player exposing your behavior but it's your own behavior that is at fault.
 Jump to: