21 coaches online • Server time: 07:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Uber

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2020 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I would hope at some point they would make the apo free and not count toward tv for teams that have access to it. It's just not a good feeling to get a team that has to gamble to start without one and get punished by variance in their first game. Also, cutting the apo in a redraft feels terrible and also a gamble you shouldn't have to take.

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2020 - 20:59 Reply with quote Back to top

ehhh, right now, regeneration is overpriced (in my opinion, based on the price balancing work i've done elsewhere) on all players who have it, when compared to the apo. Giving the apo for free on top of that would be worse. (Basically every player with regen should be 10k cheaper; the prices appear to be a carry over from when regen was 2+). However, that would also be a good change to make, so I'd be fine with reducing prices on regen player, and making apo automatic.

For DE specifically: I'm running DE in the box right now, and they wouldn't carry an apo through redraft. Also only 2 re-rolls. But that would let them carry 11 players (4 blitzers, 2 witches), and 10 skills (including 1 +AG) on only 3 players.

Last edited by Nelphine on Sep 21, 2020 - 21:20; edited 1 time in total
SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2020 - 21:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Regen price is 13k according to my calculations.

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2020 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:

For DE specifically: I'm running DE in the box right now, and they wouldn't carry an apo through redraft. Also only 2 re-rolls. But that would let them carry 11 players (4 blitzers, 2 witches), and 10 skills (including 1 +AG) on only 3 players.

I wonder what is the point if the draft reduces the teams to that point to do that and not force the team to start completely new....

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2020 - 06:25 Reply with quote Back to top

@Nelphine:
For the purpose of keeping a player in the game when a serious injury happens, the rate went from 50% to 37.5%, so apo has gone down in value. Used this way, when it works, the apo has the same effect as regen. With the increased rates of serious injuries, it seems to me that regen gets better. Sure the apo can be used to prevent a KO or keep a BH in the game, but is that much better than having all* cas disappear magically 50% of the time?

How about the necromancer? You don't pay for that. I just think apo teams should have the apo, not have to gamble on their first game going "right" and not have to choose between apo or skills at rebuy.

I agree that pricing is whack all over the place, but it seems very unlikely they'll get that right anytime soon. One way they've tried to patch their broken pricing is by giving regen teams more expensives re-rolls. The two wrongs make right approach is fabulous game design.

Anyway, hoping GW would get it right is quite futile, I'm just pointing out another terrible choice we'll be facing with these wonderful rules.

One of the big question is how niggling injuries will be valued in the new system now that you won't be able to pick on those players to get a number advantage.

*Sadly that does not apply to ghouls, the most maligned positional in the game.

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2020 - 11:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe the Apo should be a guaranteed sucess that moves the injury category down by 1. So SI goes to BH, BH to KO and KO to Stunned?
Would remove some teambuilding frustrations of dead to dead rolls and shouldn't have much ingame impact
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2020 - 17:07 Reply with quote Back to top

It would take away some of the complexity of when to use it, when to save it

But I don't dislike the idea
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2020 - 17:12 Reply with quote Back to top

But you would miss out on the Double KILL apo when he stabs your dying player through the heart!
stej

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2020 - 00:53 Reply with quote Back to top

@Sp00keh I'd argue teambuilders only use it on SI's and people who want to win that match, whatever the cost, will use it on bh or ko. So i dont see much change in use
DonnyRainboe

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2020 - 02:02 Reply with quote Back to top

"however, BBT3 will end as planned with no extension)."

When does it end?
MrCushtie

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2020 - 02:26 Reply with quote Back to top

DonnyRainboe wrote:

When does it end?

With a loud bang. Or a whimper.

Well, actually, end of September.

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2020 - 18:39 Reply with quote Back to top

New box set releasing November, contains Troll, Ogre + 2 Stars Griff & Varag & 2 referee models.
As well as rules double sided pitch & 2 teams of course.

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2020 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Just turned down +ag on a slann catcher because we were at game 14. Once that would have been the start of something beautiful. /sadtimes
koadah

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2020 - 02:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Eh?

Are the End Times here already?

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2020 - 11:35 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Are the End Times here already?

They kind of are. For me at least, it already feels a bit pointless. The "permanent injury = retirement" policy I've lived by for so many years has already gone out the window. No sense in retiring a -AV Bull Centaur when there's not going to be enough games to build a decent new one right?

Skill choices are also impacted to the extent I would probably turn down something like a first skill +ST on a BoB for instance.

I've already deleted most of my teams and I consider the currently running FC as sort of a farewell tour. As soon as the rules go into effect I will quit Fumbbl.